1900 Park Fare Character Dinner - Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of character dinner at 1900 Park Fare, located at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/08/11/review-1900-park-fare-dinner-at-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/

Excerpts...

nicoise-salad-1900-Park-Fare-600x355.jpg

Nicoise Salad

Strawberry-Soup-1900-Park-Fare-600x400.j

Strawberry Soup -- Up Close

sushi-rolls-1900-Park-Fare-600x508.jpg

Sushi Rolls

chicken-marsala-1900-Park-Fare-600x345.j

Chicken Marsala

guinness-beef-stew-1900-Park-Fare-600x33

Guinness Beef Stew

Create-Your-Own-Pasta-Station-1900-Park-

Create Your Own Pasta Station

Pork-Steamship-and-Beef-Strip-Loin-1900-

Pork Steamship and Beef Strip Loin

Fruit-Tarts-and-Chocolate-Mousse-1900-Pa

Fruit Tarts and Chocolate Mousse

Apple-Cobbler-with-Vanilla-Sauce-Up-Clos

Apple Cobbler with Vanilla Sauce -- Up Close

• 2 weeks later...

We are there ages ago because it was SO CHEAP for a Cindy, Fairy Godmother, and Prince visit. WOW $50.00 now? How much is the dang CRT? It was good back then, but it was also not known as well. The Step-mother and sisters were not there then, it was the mice, Jaq & Gus.

My granddaughter loved it, as did the rest of our bunch. I hate to see the way things have gone downhill there. :(

• 5 weeks later...

We have put this on our itinerary for January.

Makes me a little nervous reading your comments......

We went this past August and loved it, one of our favorites!  I think they all have their bad days.  We didn't like Askershus Banquet hall and everyone seems to love that one.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done this dinner twice (last one was just last week) and... it's okay.  The food is fine, but the character experience is so-so.  It seems like the characters (in costumes) are much more likely to get down eye-to-eye with your little one.  The two times we've had dinner here, not only was it expensive, but the cast spent very little time at our table and I mean come-on... isn't that really what you're paying for?  Ate breakfast at Akershus (in Epcot) last year and (after a HORRIBLE WDW transportation experience....can you say 2 hours and 15 minutes to get from the Fort!!) we did enjoy that food and the princesses spent a good deal of time at our table.  

Also, 1900 Park, the room itself is showing some age.