new smoking policy on Disney Cruise Line

just got this in my email and thought I would share.

Smoking Policy Updated Onboard Disney Cruise Line

From time to time we make adjustments to our operation based upon Guest feedback. Effective Nov. 15, 2013, Guests will no longer be permitted to smoke on stateroom verandahs onboard Disney Cruise Line® ships. However, it is recognized that some Guests smoke. To provide an onboard atmosphere that also satisfies smokers, portions of open-air decks on each ship are designated as smoking areas. Smoking is not allowed on stateroom verandahs. Guests who are found smoking in their staterooms or on their verandahs will be charged a $250 stateroom recovery fee. This fee covers a deep cleaning to include air filter replacement, carpet extraction, the cleaning and replacement of drapes, comforters, blankets, and pillows, along with verandah cleaning and maintenance.

There are cameras watching the verandahs.

That would be one expensive cigarette.

TCD

Really, are they on the verandahs?

If someone was being careful and sneaky, would the camera be able to pick it up?

And what about if you're using the vapor cigarettes?

How long before smokers figure out that they should always bring one of those just in case they're caught by the camera?

I can hear it now. Sir, we have video of you smoking on the verandah, that'll be $250 please. Oh, you mean one of these?

If it's anything like the bus cameras, they're somewhat ineffective because they discovered that the cost of the manpower required to monitor 320 buses real time, made it impractical, so they're video recorders and not surveillance cameras. 

Really, are they on the verandahs?

If someone was being careful and sneaky, would the camera be able to pick it up?

And what about if you're using the vapor cigarettes?

How long before smokers figure out that they should always bring one of those just in case they're caught by the camera?

I can hear it now. Sir, we have video of you smoking on the verandah, that'll be $250 please. Oh, you mean one of these?

If it's anything like the bus cameras, they're somewhat ineffective because they discovered that the cost of the manpower required to monitor 320 buses real time, made it impractical, so they're video recorders and not surveillance cameras. 

No, they are mounted on the sides of the ship in those little dome housings.  Who know what they can really see, if anything?

That's a good point about those vapor cigarettes.  Are people allowed to "smoke" those in non-smoking areas on land?  It's still tobacco, isn't it?

TCD

That's a good point about those vapor cigarettes.  Are people allowed to "smoke" those in non-smoking areas on land?  It's still tobacco, isn't it?

TCD

Nope no tobacco, just nicotine and they don't smell like a regular cigarette either. In theory I could smoke mine in a non-smoking area but I feel that's just as rude as smoking the real thing. But it sure is great in the MH, Mike won't let me smoke the real thing in any of our vehicles.

I'm willing to bet people have thrown the butts over the rail and they have ended up landing a deck or two below and a couple cabins back. Also we were inundated at times with cigar smoke when we were on the FIENDS Dream Cruise.

I looked back on our photos of the verandah we had on our cruise last year aboard the dream to see if I could spot a camera. I didn't, but isn't that an ashtray?

Maybe they'll convert them to cup holders.

Cruise1_zpsa7128049.jpg

THIS was your verandah?!?!?!  What kind of fancy room was that?

Bus driver special

Pretty much. I know people in low places. And that was just half of of the verandah, it went around the corner for quite a ways.

You should have seen the room, oh here it is. I think it slept 10 or so. And the bathroom, well, I won't get into that.

Lou and me, we know the same "people".... :clint:  We got the same room for the Panama Canal next may. :jumpforjoy

100_2695.jpg