And the adventure resumes.......maybe

No, this is not TJ's thread. It's kinda of the opposite of his thread. Just a little background info.

After 5 years with no more than a week off, I'd had it with WDW bus transportation.

I was disgusted, annoyed, frustrated, and just sick and tired of it all. That's it, I'm done, for now, and decided to take a prolonged hiatus. Well it's been 2-1/2 months, wow, it flew by, and although I'm not 100% ready to get back to work, I'm getting back up on the horse.

I put myself on call for tomorrow, and I may, or may not get called in. Let's see how it goes.

No call today. Tomorrow's another day.

You're a better person than I am.

Nope, it's a lot easier than you think.

I could never be a bus driver there.

If  I can, anyone can.

Let's just say I am not a people person.

A lot of drivers are not people persons either, and they do fine. Just be polite, courteous, friendly, and efficient.

Riders don't need the trivia and sing alongs. Just drive the damn bus and get them there safely and quickly.

It would kill me for sure.

I don't think so.

Ok, so why don't you pick a shift off the hub with the hours you want at the location you want?

Because there are very few day shifts, 8 hours or less, posted on the exchange. As for the hub, I really don't care which one it is.

Every once in awhile there is a shift on there, you put in for it and then it can take up to 2 days to get it approved, if it gets approved.

You have to be very patient, and spend a lot of time on the computer in order to pick up 3 or 4 days every week. I know some guys do it that way, but for me, it's much easier just putting myself in the bullpen (on call) to get what I want. 

I put my scheduled shifts on the exchange and once they're gone, one visit to the hub to place myself in the bullpen, zap, done for the week.

I can pick the exact days and time window I want. 

I've been doing it that way for years, it works for me. It also helps that I have seniority over a good chunk of the drivers that put themselves in the bullpen, because that's what the call order is based on.

The adventure did resume today, at Epcot.

As usual the actual driving part of the job was fine, but the Disney baloney that goes along with it was ridiculous.

It's like the idiot managers stay awake nights thinking, how can we make things more difficult for CMs and in particular, bus drivers.

The stupid things that have been written about here over the years regarding some of the things Disney does is not limited to those. It goes on behind the scenes big time. 

I'm seeing a theme in captain Lou's threads.

Getting back on the HORSE

Building a horse in his spare time.

If someone sees him heading to the racetrack in brightly colored silk jersey, with riding whip in hand, we will know a career change is complete. :)

If someone sees him heading to the racetrack in brightly colored silk jersey, with riding whip in hand, we will know a career change is complete. :)

I'm safe, the nearest horse track is in the Tampa area, too far.

But you might still see me wearing brightly colored silks, as I'm a slave to fashion, and carrying a whip, but we won't get into that.

:rofl2:

Will today's re-entry into the fray mean you are back for the time being?

Are you still looking for other transfer options?

I'm putting myself on a minimal schedule of 1 to 2 days a week, at the most, just to keep my status.

I will continue to look for a transfer.

I don't know if it still open, but a while back they wanted a part timer at the Fort.  With your knowledge and tolerance of rules and regulations you would make a great

Ranger!!!  :rofl3:

welcome back to the buses. We hit Epcot tues. Yesterday was AK in the am and DHS in the pm. Something happened to the buses that one didn't hit the fort for an hour in the am. Cost us the magic hours. DH and I took it in stride. The lady next to us not so much. I felt bad for the drivers dealing with her. First was one going to DHS, the lady tried to find out where the bus was (in a not so friendly way). that driver was no help, just said he didn't know and drove off. Next was a very nice guy going to Epcot (marcelino was his name) who helped us out by calling to find the bus for us. 2 buses were less than 5-10 min out. She then proceeded to tear into the poor Epcot driver about how this was messing up her day at blizzard beach. She went on and on. more than one person tried to explain to her that a bus was almost here. The poor guy just stayed calm and patient with her. She stopped yelling at him when the AK/BB bus showed up. She then tore into that guy. He then got back on the bus and made an announcement about not talking to the bus driver but questions will be answered at stops. He then drove nice and slow (I think it was drivers revenge on her) and stopped a few times, turned on back lights and add comments about kids staying still (no one was moving other than an autistic kid whose parents were controlling him). Finally got there and all I could do the whole ride was think about poor grumpy Lou and wonder how many of these ladies you have had to deal with. my sympathies. welcome back to everyone else's vacation.