Where to take a picky man to eat at Disney...

So...  The hubbs is strictly a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  Nothing fancy, or dare I say, flavorful.  Where on Disney property do you suggest that we eat for that "special night out" where he can get what he likes (normal and boring), and I can get something that tickles my taste buds too?

My friend is married to a very picky eater.  When they were in WDW in October, they ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.  She said that he really liked it, but it is on the expensive side.

Here's a menu: http://allears.net/menu/menu_ys.htm

I can ask her what other restaurants that he enjoyed, if you want. 

Whispering Canyon might be a good choice if you want something more relaxed than the Yachtsman.

Another vote for the Le Cellier for the type of meal you describe. Try the Cheddar Cheese soup.

I personally love OHana's for meat meat amd more meat, oh and other great food too  :-)

Steve

We have a truck camper.  According to Dave, it could be dangerous to be confined to small spaces after Ohana!  ;D

Hi, my name is Karla, and I'm a "forget the fu-fu fancy food, just give me steak and potatoes" kind o' gal, too.  Over the past couple of years, I've been trying to expand my palate, and with the help of my "There is more to food than steak and potatoes" support group, I've actually been able to add some sauces, gravies, and even a veggie or two!!

Anyway, what was the question?

Oh yah, restaurant recommendation.

Many years ago, my girlfriends and I ate at Portobellos in Downtown Disney, and it was one of the best steak and potatoe meals I've ever had.  (Of course, I had to order it all plain, with everyone "on the side").  Again, this was many years ago, so their menu has probably changed, but it might be worth a try?

(and yes, I'm one of THOSE people who's foods can't touch on my plate, lol).

I have a friend who swears by Le Cellier.  Keep in mind that you need to make reservations as far in advance as possible.  This last trip we tried to get reservations 2 months out and it was booked.

They have good beer there.  The steak at Coral Reef is good too.

Hopefully, then we can avoid the "zombie walk" from menu to menu looking for a place to eat this year.  :'(

We scour the menus before we go just to avoid this.  AllEars has a decent MENUS section - fairly accurate and up to date.  And super easy to read on your phone while waiting in line...

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Last trip in November we tried out several new places, but the fave for meat & potatoes was the short rib DH got at Jiko's.  He's still talking about it.

Ask anyone who has been near me at chow time and they will tell you theres no more picky plain no FU FU (Karla beat me to it) Meat and tater eater than me.

There are a limited amount of places at Disney as a whole where you can get real manly meat and taters without the yuppie veggies (corn and peas are great the other stuff is for rabbits). I try getting to Red Lobster and the Ale House as much as possible.

Thank you for your attention in this matter :D