I thought it might be fun to have a thread that follows the progress of the Fantasyland expansion.

First hand info/photos are awesome, but I'll kick it off with this tidbit posted today to WDW Magic...

PHOTOS - Storybook Circus construction wall art

Mar 03, 2011

The construction wall blocking the entrance to Storybook Circus (formerly Mickey's Toontown Fair) has been decorated with some art for the new land, including Pete's Silly Sideshow, The Great Goofini coaster, Dumbo, and Big Top Souvenirs. Head to the photos below for a look, and click the thumbnails for the large versions.

Also of note, work has really got going on the demolition of Mickey'sToontown Fair, with the majority of Mickey's and Minnie's houses now completely demolished.

Fantasyland_Thumb_12943.jpg?Expires=1299208564&Signature=OaFjx-9JaJEqZq7IcG2QbMb3FudWwBBG3RqXHkMarLUz100eLRz547-VzDgI0I8n87VBeQeyVOF%7E2JGk-BvEVsdixT5VWnLHKkVrAZutKaJ5GC3LUs%7Eihf1YjQ4sD5D389ROMpdE5ojfUP%7EtqkGKQ7ZHle2lCDwthlmltcevri8_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_12944.jpg?Expires=1299208565&Signature=Q9PNfMy8sUhAgya0aN7YjCURamqcN61NJTNWlXtn379Alqd6vlvq5s5oRrsCqTYcRVbeoWE6t-D-jHmqoJJwjP-Wl0lX4t8LcK4yL4TEhHGNQngGFlR5gbG2SWRpYCDPrewTORr-hEfqXvmDY4ftJApPeZ4Y5M7xuSq43nBMq0M_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_12945.jpg?Expires=1299208565&Signature=R--SfMPhTIZIcJN8tzE8iHdYJAUDT4Mo1fTcd2oDY0B%7EcqYH49K3A-7LwViCvTBVliO3p056NlayRniqGu3exMI7Oq32YIUxdYw95VFL3asIf2Djpz16btGB2lRN8tMshH8y7AWRTk9h4-kxoSOTZRbIYgHePbPIB2-mWXBlt9g_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

Fantasyland_Thumb_12946.jpg?Expires=1299208565&Signature=Q5JWZrW4eo06PWSrhdoXE-FZh2DxpvtP4cpeTAIGX3nunApPNNhMzhBTJ24Iifa0qxV8-tN-jHIILFgifo9kWoiBc8TlkKZ7Guf6pZN6l8vvMWlGwyA8MtW3Hpy7jpFomg73olu1WAjqh47u3gMPMquWde%7EyH1TEhXRZmNqtLk8_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIXD73LCXQPO2WCKQ

http://www.wdwmagic....on-wall-art.htm

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pics from Fantasyland this morning. The first is on the bridge leading to the new restaurant (not yet open but you can peak inside) and the second is from the Arielle clamshell ride.

The next batch of attractions is scheduled to open by the end of the year. They are the princess laden "Enchanted Forest", which will include the "Under the Sea, Voyage of the Little Mermaid" ride

And that's the way it should stay!!!

i know some WDW purists are not into this expansion, but i personally am giddy about it and can't wait to see if it lives up to the concept art...which is spectacular.  can't wait.  (DH was yapping something the other day about...when our passes expire this summer, taking a year off WDW and doing something else next year...blah blah blah.  YEA RIGHT.  I want to see this area when it is sparkly and new!)

I look forward to seeing the new stuff.  Gives me something to look forward too.  Since I've only seen WDW as an adult the toontown area didn't really do much for me...just somewhere to walk my kids through... but I've always loved fantasyland!

I agree. I think we've walked through twice when my son was little, even he didn't love it! Something new will be a good pick me up. :bugeyes:

From the Disney Parks blog Jan 18...

As many of you know, we?re in the midst of the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, which will nearly double the size of Fantasyland. And we?re thrilled about the expansion because it?ll allow us to tell our treasured stories in new ways and give you the opportunity to interact with some of our beloved characters like never before. Today, we?d like to give you a first glimpse of the progress we?re making in bringing these stories to life and a look at some of the art we will be sharing with the media later tonight.

Under the Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid

First, work is already well underway on many of the experiences we?ve already told you about, so let?s start with Under the Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid. In this attraction, Ariel and all her friends will entertain you in a ride-through adventure featuring favorite songs from the popular animated feature.

Not too far from Ariel?s new home, construction is underway on Beast?s castle which will stand majestically upon a hill. You will cross over a stone bridge as you arrive at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Set in the halls of the Beast?s Castle, this location will seat up to 550 guests and offer ?great food fast? service by day and full table service dining in the evening. Just outside the restaurant, you will also be able to explore Belle?s Village, which includes Gaston?s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Nearby at Belle?s cottage, a magical mirror is the doorway to a captivating new kind of experience, where Belle, Lumiere and guests participate in a lively re-telling of the ?tale as old as time.? In Enchanted Tales with Belle, the adventure begins at Maurice?s cottage, where you?ll step through an enchanted mirror that magically transports you to Beast?s library for an interactive storytelling session with Belle.

Additions to Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Just across the way is the brand new Storybook Circus, where we?re doubling the fun by adding another carousel to Dumbo the Flying Elephant. While you wait to board this Fantasyland favorite, you?ll have a chance to join the circus and step inside the Big Top for fun-filled interactive experiences for kids of all ages. Alongside Dumbo the Flying Elephant, the existing Barnstormer is getting a new look as well, featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini. This exciting attraction will take you on a twisting, turning, daredevil, roller coaster ?flight? high above the circus fun.

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

As with any project of this scale, we?ve also continued to look for additional ways to surprise and delight our guests and I think you?ll be pleased. One opportunity we?re especially excited about is the chance to tell Snow White?s story in a fresh new way. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine ?where a million diamonds shine.? The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White?s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses.

And Tinker Bell and her fairy friends will be joining the cast at Epcot where they will have special roles bringing the flora and fauna to life during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.

The New Fantasyland will be constructed in phases with most new experiences open by 2013. We look forward to sharing more with you as our work progresses.

Full article with photos here...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/update-on-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

I've read rumors of a similar ride system to Indiana Jones at Disneyland. 

Description from the Disney site...

Indiana Jones? Adventure

Enter the legendary Temple of the Forbidden Eye on a daring journey in search of unimaginable rewards. Deep inside the temple, you embark on a fast-paced thrill ride aboard a rugged troop transport. There are ominous signs of danger ahead, but, with famous archaeologist Indiana Jones on your side, what could possibly go wrong?

The Temple of the Forbidden Eye

Step with trepidation into a newly uncovered archeological dig site hidden in India's Lost Delta. Follow in Indy's footsteps and uncover evidence that the overgrown temple is not entirely benign. Venture past deadly booby traps that have been hastily disabled. Study carvings and frescos that tell the story of Mara ? a powerful ancient deity who promised great treasures to the pure of heart and death to those foolish enough to gaze into its all-seeing eyes.

Join a tour set up by Indy's friend Sallah and see how he's ingeniously arranged mirrors to avoid looking into the cursed eyes of Mara. But something is amiss, as tourists have started to mysteriously disappear. Indiana Jones went into the temple to investigate. He never came out.

The Vengeful Wrath of Mara

Do you dare to discover the truth behind these alarming stories? Will you really be pulled into eternal torment through the Gates of Doom? Could legends about caverns of bubbling death, screaming undead mummies, erupting lava, evil wraiths and giant snakes really be true? As your expedition careens around precarious precipices and narrowly escapes collapsing bridges, you'll wish you never dared to test the wrath of Mara!

Only one man can save you now&Indiana Jones.

3 Treasures

Mara is said to grant earthly riches, eternal youth or knowledge of the future. Discover which treasure Mara will grant you. Each ride is different!

Troop Transports

Indiana Jones Adventure is neither a roller coaster nor a typical slow-speed attraction like the Haunted Mansion. You'll board a 12-person troop transport for a fast-paced thrill ride that realistically simulates driving fast over rough terrain. The experience is truly unique...and truly exciting.

Your Belongings

Cargo nets are provided in front of every seat to store your loose possessions. You're in for a bumpy ride, so be sure to use them!

Nope. looks like your right! I didn't see that on the site I found the link at, and didn't read it when I went to youtube. Sorry for the inconvenience..  :siren: :popo:

content popo come and get 'em :siren: :rofl2:

Haven't been to Disneyland in ages. 

Will any of the changes for WDW be open any time this year?