Which do you prefer? Near Settlement or Near Pool?

Settlement or Meadow Pool?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer a loop close to the settlement, or close to the meadow pool?

For us it's primarily the Settlement area for access to the Marina to MK and EPCOT and proximity to a GAG.  Other than that, it doesn't really matter with wheelchairs and a GC.  Just somewhere with enough space for our MH, canopy, and trailer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But that's part of the fun!

I prefer the Fort...AND I WANNA BE THERE RIGHT NOW

Hey lookie here:     TCD

Plan all you want if that's your thing, just be flexible once you get there. Things will change.  We much prefer the Meadows Area. The settlement area is very busy at times with people going and coming from the parks and restaurant.  It is also noisy if you have small kids to get to sleep early.  The boat horns, fireworks, and especially EWP are very loud at that end of the campground. 

Plan all you want if that's your thing, just be flexible once you get there. Things will change.  We much prefer the Meadows Area. The settlement area is very busy at times with people going and coming from the parks and restaurant.  It is also noisy if you have small kids to get to sleep early.  The boat horns, fireworks, and especially EWP are very loud at that end of the campground. 

I remember the EWP.  We heard it from inside our camper on the 300 loop, go the kids their shoes and coats on (cold christmas in FL) and took them out to see it.

You can still hear the boat horns and the train whistle in the 900 loop too but it's not so bad that you can't roll over and go back to sleep.

I remember the EWP.  We heard it from inside our camper on the 300 loop, go the kids their shoes and coats on (cold christmas in FL) and took them out to see it.

You can still hear the boat horns and the train whistle in the 900 loop too but it's not so bad that you can't roll over and go back to sleep.

You go to bed too early.

TCD

You go to bet too early.

TCD

Not anymore.  The kids were 6 & 8 at the time (now 9 & 11) and this was after a full day in one of the parks and the kids were on a public school sleeping schedule.  These days we are usually heading into MK just before or after the campfire for some late EMH fun.

That's more like it.

TCD

I say it's the AP that changed it.  Having the AP makes me feel more free.  I don't have to worry about getting my money's worth out of a daily ticket and we've had so many more trips since that first one.  I don't stress about getting EVERYTHING DONE IN A DAY.

The creeper post genuinely made me chuckle. :laugh:

In no way, shape or form do I expect things to go exactly as planned.  In fact- I'm more of a jellyfish kinda gal...I'm just bored off my butt and stuck at my computer for most of the day at work & at home I'm avoiding housework, so why not overplan? I've seriously got nothing better to do.  Except maybe on line camper shopping.

The creeper post genuinely made me chuckle. :laugh:

In no way, shape or form do I expect things to go exactly as planned.  In fact- I'm more of a jellyfish kinda gal...I'm just bored off my butt and stuck at my computer for most of the day at work & at home I'm avoiding housework, so why not overplan? I've seriously got nothing better to do.  Except maybe on line camper shopping.

I both do and I don't over plan.  However, other than a few ADRs during our stay I have learned to go with the flow.  I could not do this though without at least a park hopper 

Nicki and Memphis are both correct about the noise closer to the settlement, but we were in the 1500 loop and could still hear the EWP, and bright and early the next morning the boat horns.  Plus if you get noisy neighbors it doesnt make a difference where you stay.  We had someone come in late Saturday, kids went running around the loop yelling as loud as they could.  Next moring one of the girls was riding her bike against the loop traffic yelling it's time to get up... at 7:30.  Like everyone said, be flexible.  Plan a day or two to do nothing but explore and enjoy the fort.  If you hotel hop, make sure you go to Animal Kingdom Lodge, tons of activities for the kids.

I would like my rental parked next to the pavillion at the Meadows and then put up signs stating paying guests are welcome to use my awning (pavillion) but free-loaders must keep out by penalty of death or bring a case of beer each for the paying guests.......per 1/2 hour of use. No cheap crap either.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed in the 100, 300, 1000, 1300 are least favorite has been 100 loop small and hard to get into. We like being near a canal to fish, pool for relaxing and the campfire sing along movie night. We have our own cart and love to loop. We are brigning our bikes this trip to be able to ride over the Wilderness lodge and the walking biking trails that the carts aren't allowed on. I think we are going to try for the 600 loop this trip in October.