Devores... tell us about the new Photopass changes

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........   For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled t

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.   Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have the

No genie character. The lamp responds. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a rare change Disney has reduced the price for the memory maker. I know those who have bought in the last couple of days have recieved a credit for $20 to use in the photopass site. 

12342415_10206994862141998_3993594966008

The people recieving a credit have received emails to that effect. I have seen one of the emails but I do not have permission to share the image. 

I am curious about the difference between the memory maker that is sold for $149 and the Photopass that we have with our Disney Platinum Plus Pass?   Do they link together ?   Do the Photopass pictures have a watermark on them?  

We are going to be here, between time at the Fort and time at Old Key West and then back to the Fort for two months and I'd really like to get as many pictures this time as possible since some our kids and grandchildren are joining us off and on.  It's a great opportunity to get pictures that we are all in.  

Thanks for any advice

I am curious about the difference between the memory maker that is sold for $149 and the Photopass that we have with our Disney Platinum Plus Pass?   Do they link together ?   Do the Photopass pictures have a watermark on them?  

We are going to be here, between time at the Fort and time at Old Key West and then back to the Fort for two months and I'd really like to get as many pictures this time as possible since some our kids and grandchildren are joining us off and on.  It's a great opportunity to get pictures that we are all in.  

Thanks for any advice

If you have a Platinum AP you have memory maker included basically got the whole year. Just make sure you are all linked in MDE and set up for being able to view and purchase pictures and you should be good to go. I will be confirming this in 12 days or so when I get there. I will write back to be sure sure and let you know if you can download the pictures the rest of your family and friends take. I have seen reports it works that way but want to see it for myself. 

Your annual pass operates a bit differently than traditional memory maker.

You get all of your photos for the entire life of your annual pass starting the day your annual pass was activated. Your photos stay in your account for the entire time as well where traditional photopass photos expire after 45 days. Your photos will not have watermarks on them as you own them from the time they are taken.

Now, for the bad news.

Only the photos in the annual pass holders account are part of the photo entitlement. Meaning, the photos must be in your account to be downloadable. So you cannot share your account with friends and family and download thier photos as part of your account. So if you have 2 annual passes with the photo entitlement, you will have to download the photos from each account separately. You cannot download friends and family photos. Just yours.

As for Jason's post.

If your friends and family are a part of your account, meaning they are listed under your account and you manage the account, you can download the photos as they are actually a part of your account. If they have their own log in and thier own account, you cannot download thier photos.

Ok - that all makes sense - any pictures that we are in I can access, but any they take without us I won't be able to.  That just means  they'll have to take me everywhere !!!! 

I like it.

Thanks Dave

That is definitely true. I am going to be trying to confirm for myself if pictures my friends take that I am not in would be accessible and downloadable by me. I will report back on that aspect. 

• 1 month later...

A few new offerings to report on......

i cannot remember if this has been reported yet, but you can now purchase one day memory maker on the mydisneyexperience app. When you select a photo on the app it will give you the option to purchase memory for the days photos you selected. The cost is $59 for one day and you can download all the photos from that day. 

Next, not photopass related, but some nice changes are coming. 

Currently, if you go to meet Aladdin and jasmine at the Magic kingdom, you may get a surprise visit from the genie. You may get to rub the magic lamp and receive a personalized greeting from the genie. More of these personalized experiences will roll out across property and will come in varying forms. Be on the look out. 

10 minutes ago, devores said:

Currently, if you go to meet Aladdin and jasmine at the Magic kingdom, you may get a surprise visit from the genie. You may get to rub the magic lamp and receive a personalized greeting from the genie. More of these personalized experiences will roll out across property and will come in varying forms. Be on the look out. 

Cool! Is it the genie as a character? I'm assuming not but trying to picture this. 

• 1 month later...

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........

For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled the race photos while Photopass handled the photos with characters. Starting with the Darkside this month Photopass will taking all of the photos. This is great news as now your race photos are available on your my Disney experience account. And if you have memory maker or an annual pass you get the race photos as part of that. You can also purchase a one day memory maker for the day of your event or purchase individual prints.