Devores... tell us about the new Photopass changes

Seven dwarves mine train is adding video and photos starting 18 sept.

Of course the only way you will see them is if you have memory maker and a magic band.

They are automatically associated to your account and viewable on your account. There is no way to view them in the park. Works just like tot.

More rides to come.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RunDisney and Disney Photopass team up........   For the first time ever, Disney Photopass is taking all of the photos for RunDisney events. In the past a third party company handled t

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.   Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have the

No genie character. The lamp responds. 

Of course the only way you will see them is if you have memory maker and a magic band.

They are automatically associated to your account and viewable on your account. There is no way to view them in the park. Works just like tot.

More rides to come.

Very cool - thanks for the info, Dave!

More rides to come.

So does that mean, no photos to take pics of to save money?

That is so exciting!!!

However, I find the process of making sure the memory maker my brother ordered is linked with my account very confusing.

First things first, who is the "owner" of the memory maker entitlement?

Who ever owns it, is the one who will be able to download all of the photos. If its your brother, have him log into MDE and click tickets and passes if on a phone or tablet, or on memory maker if on a computer. If its linked, it will be listed there. If its not linked, link it by entering the code on the back of the card.

Once that is done, who ever is part of your party simply links all their accounts with your brother and shares their photos with him. He then needs to make sure the "show friends and family photos" is selected when looking at his photos. If he can see the photos, he can download them. Only one person can hold the rights to download the photos. But you can download them as many times as you want on as many devices as you want. So, he can download them to your computer, or give you his password to login and download them yourself, or burn them to a disk and give you the disk. It does not matter whose MB, park ticket, or photopass card is used. You manage your own photos in your own account. They just show up in your brothers because you shared them with him. And yes, your videos that are auto assigned to your band will show up in his account.

So does that mean, no photos to take pics of to save money?

That is correct. You cannot see the videos at all unless you login into your MDE account and have memory maker attached. The photos can be viewed at the view station, but only if you have memory maker.

And here is the video if youre curious.....

http://youtu.be/Z-6aBBstY_I

First things first, who is the "owner" of the memory maker entitlement?

Who ever owns it, is the one who will be able to download all of the photos. If its your brother, have him log into MDE and click tickets and passes if on a phone or tablet, or on memory maker if on a computer. If its linked, it will be listed there. If its not linked, link it by entering the code on the back of the card.

Once that is done, who ever is part of your party simply links all their accounts with your brother and shares their photos with him. He then needs to make sure the "show friends and family photos" is selected when looking at his photos. If he can see the photos, he can download them. Only one person can hold the rights to download the photos. But you can download them as many times as you want on as many devices as you want. So, he can download them to your computer, or give you his password to login and download them yourself, or burn them to a disk and give you the disk. It does not matter whose MB, park ticket, or photopass card is used. You manage your own photos in your own account. They just show up in your brothers because you shared them with him. And yes, your videos that are auto assigned to your band will show up in his account.

That is correct. You cannot see the videos at all unless you login into your MDE account and have memory maker attached. The photos can be viewed at the view station, but only if you have memory maker.

And here is the video if youre curious.....

http://youtu.be/Z-6aBBstY_I

Thanks for sharing the video, Dave.

It's a nice video, but what is a guest going to be able to do with it?  The parts showing the actual guests on the train are very short, even when they use slow motion.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Starting today, Disney is trying a pilot program offering a 1 day memory maker entitlement. It gives you all of the benefits of memory maker for 1 day for $39. It includes 1 Magic Band which you can choose the color of. At this time, it may only be purchased in conjunction with a 1 day park ticket and only sold at Magic Kingdom ticketing windows.

Starting today, Disney is trying a pilot program offering a 1 day memory maker entitlement. It gives you all of the benefits of memory maker for 1 day for $39. It includes 1 Magic Band which you can choose the color of. At this time, it may only be purchased in conjunction with a 1 day park ticket and only sold at Magic Kingdom ticketing windows.

Wow.  That is a really limited test.  Only the MK ticket window,  And only in conjunction with the purchase of a one day pass.  That's really limiting who might want to buy one.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the official announcement on the Disney Parks Blog...

Halloween memories are extra special in my family … as it’s the one time of year where I can get my boys to get in a photo without me begging them to pose! There’s something about getting dressed up in their costumes, especially if we are headed out to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party to meet some of our favorite characters.

This is one of my favorites, of my tough guy muscling up to meet our favorite Space Ranger and intergalactic superhero.

ODM700553-613x858.jpg

At this year’s event, there’s an opportunity for party guests to purchase a new product that we’re currently testing – a one day Memory Maker.

Now through October 31, a one day Memory Maker entitlement can be added to your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket for only $39. All of your Disney PhotoPass photos taken on the day your event ticket is used, including character encounters and select dining and attraction photos are included — no matter how many you get or if they were taken earlier in the day before Mickey’s Not-So-scary Halloween Party!

And don’t worry … if you aren’t able to make it to this year’s party, no trick, we’ve got a special TREAT for you! Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and claim PhotoPass ID COMEJOINTHEPARTY to receive a unique Bonus shot of some of our favorite ghosts! HINT: “We’ve got 999 happy haunts here, but there’s room for a thousand ..!”

So don’t delay … visit any ticket booth at the Transportation and Ticket Center for more information and to add the one day Memory Maker entitlement to your Mickey’s Not-So- Scary Halloween Party event. (Don’t worry if you have already purchased your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party ticket – you can still add the one day Memory Maker test product the night of your event!)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/capture-all-your-mickeys-not-so-scary-memories-with-a-one-day-memory-maker/

I hope this question hadn't been asked and answered yet. But if it has t here it is.

With memory maker is linked to one MB or everyone in your party?

The old PP allowed us to have a card and my brother in law to have his own and then combine them at the end.

Is this still possible to do? Even if he booked his own vacation.?

Thanks

Ray

I hope this question hadn't been asked and answered yet. But if it has t here it is.

With memory maker is linked to one MB or everyone in your party?

The old PP allowed us to have a card and my brother in law to have his own and then combine them at the end.

Is this still possible to do? Even if he booked his own vacation.?

Thanks

Ray

You can link all your bands and his.

Keep in mind only one person, the memory maker owner, can download the photos from their account.

You can link as many accounts as you want, be sure to allow photo sharing, then download the photos and put them on thumb drives or cd.

If they are trustworthy you could share the login info and the others could login from their computer using the memory maker owners account and download them to their computer or the owner could just login and download them.

It boils down to, if you have memory maker, are the owner, and can see the photos in your account, you can download them. It doesn't matter how they got into the account.

In order for everyone to get the special added stuff though, the accounts must be linked.

• 2 weeks later...

Big changes coming to Photopass. Some features previously only available to Memory Maker guests are now available to all guests.

Beginning Oct. 28, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have their attraction photos automatically associated to their accounts.
• All unexpired photos will be visible beginning Oct. 28, so attraction photos taken within the previous 45 days will be included.

All Guests will be able to associate attraction photos with any RF-­‐enabled media (e.g., park ticket, Memory Maker card) via new photo touch points at the photo preview walls.
This functionality is not available for Guests using Disney PhotoPass cards. This will be rolled out in phases from 28 Oct to 10 Nov starting in the Magic Kingdom.

Beginning Oct. 30, all Guests wearing active MagicBands will have attraction videos automatically associated to their accounts. Videos currently are available for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Memory Maker entitlement is required to download them. Guests aren’t able to purchase the videos individually.

• All unexpired videos will be visible beginning Oct. 30, so attraction videos taken within the previous 45 days will be included.

Beginning Oct. 30, all Guests will be eligible to have animated magic shots automatically associated to their accounts.

Effective 3 Nov, the Disney Photopass archive disk will no longer be offered. To receive all of your memories, Memory Maker is the only option.

If you decide after your vacation that you want to purchase all of your memories, there is now an option to purchase memory maker after your vacation is over. Its the same price, $199.

Devores was right about the stuff he posted in post #70, above.

I checked Photopass on the night of October 29, and there were all of our ride photos from the past month or so on the MIne Train, Tower of Terror, Test Track and Space Mountain.  Strange how Disney can pick up the signals from our MB's for that, but they still can't figure out how to make them work on the return gate and comfort stations at the Fort.

TCD