How Early is Too Early To Arrive?

My wife and I are long time Disney freaks but will be arriving to stay for the first time at Fort Wilderness this coming Friday in our new-to-us motorhome!  Huzzah!  We are just a few hours south, so over the last few years when we stay in the Disney hotels, we usually arrive pretty early - like 8am early - and the room is 99.9% of the time ready.  How does this play out at the Fort?  Am I setting myself up for the overflow parking lot if I get there that early this weekend?  Thanks for helping out a n00b.

This time of year, I would say your site should be ready. It is dead here right now with lots of open sites. So chances of you not getting in that early are slim.

Now during busy times, your chances decrease drastically. So you would be taking a chance at the overflow.

Before we moved here, we would arrive around 1 and our site was only not ready once out of 50 or so trips. And it became ready by the time we got to the overflow. We didn't even get out of the truck.

I believe a week early would be considered too early. I'll let you know.

Remember the good old days when you could have a quality vacation in the overflow lot?

haha.. never too early.  we've arrived pretty early most times we go down.  we park in over flow and take the golf cart off and loop around.  i'll tell you the campground is soooo quiet in the middle of the night. :)  heck-go have breakfast while you wait for your site.  you're there-enjoy it!  

have a great trip-wish i was going.... 

On our last trip we arrived a little after 7 and got into the check-in line.  The desk opened at 7:30.  We were third in line to check in, but it still took us over a half hour.  Of course they told us our site wasn't ready, but they called before we got the GC unloaded to say it was.