Extra Magic Hours. Love 'em? Hate 'em?

Love em. Siphons off the crowd from the park I end up visiting.

We rarely take advantage of EMHs. We always say were are going to the late night MK but never seem to make it.  A  couple of weeks ago we got to HS about 845 and was able to bypass the huge crowd waiting for the park to open at 9. That was pretty cool.  We had FP+ for TSM but when we got there is was posted as only a 10 min wait in the stand by line so we did that first. It ended up being a walk on. We did stand by twice and then used PF+, when we got off the cue had filled and the wait was posted at 25 min.

We follow the advice of Josh at easyWDW and avoid parks with EMH unless there is an unusual reason not to. 

I'm a teacher and a line snob. That means I only travel during peak times, but I also don't want to waste my time waiting in line. 

I also don't park hop as I don't see the value. If I had an AP, that would be different.

Our MO is early RD at recommended park (via easywdw), afternoon break, return to the same park. 

The longest line I've EVER waited in during Easter week was a 20 minute Buzz and Woody character meet and a 20 minute FP return on Space. Usually 15 min is my limit. And we do A LOT. To me, the plan makes the difference. Part of the plan is staying away from EMH parks with larger crowds unless you plan to hop after a couple of hours. 

We follow the advice of Josh at easyWDW and avoid parks with EMH unless there is an unusual reason not to. 

I'm a teacher and a line snob. That means I only travel during peak times, but I also don't want to waste my time waiting in line. 

I also don't park hop as I don't see the value. If I had an AP, that would be different.

Our MO is early RD at recommended park (via easywdw), afternoon break, return to the same park. 

The longest line I've EVER waited in during Easter week was a 20 minute Buzz and Woody character meet and a 20 minute FP return on Space. Usually 15 min is my limit. And we do A LOT. To me, the plan makes the difference. Part of the plan is staying away from EMH parks with larger crowds unless you plan to hop after a couple of hours. 

See we do EMH and never wait in lines either and always accomplish what we want to do. We don't need no Josh in his Mom's basement to help us. LOL

See we do EMH and never wait in lines either and always accomplish what we want to do. We don't need no Josh in his Mom's basement to help us. LOL

Are you trying to sound like Lou? I guess since the grouch doesn't post anymore, you can take his place. Look at the Kenny the Pirate charts.... the longest waits are at the EMH parks. Always. Sure, if you're going to hit and run, you can.

Actually, I challenge you to find ANYONE more efficient than me with touring. I know some don't like plans, but I don't like eating at crappy restaurants and not being able to see the attractions I want.

Are you trying to sound like Lou? I guess since the grouch doesn't post anymore, you can take his place. Look at the Kenny the Pirate charts.... the longest waits are at the EMH parks. Always. Sure, if you're going to hit and run, you can.

Actually, I challenge you to find ANYONE more efficient than me with touring. I know some don't like plans, but I don't like eating at crappy restaurants and not being able to see the attractions I want.

I use Touring Plans for the ride waits now.  

I have done the plans too.  I have been known to ride Buzz, Cups, Dumbo, PP, Snow White, IASW, Carousel and walk on HM just as early EMH was over.  Ride wise I have been known to ride everything we wanted before lunch time.  Then hit the attractions later.  

I have done the plans too.  I have been known to ride Buzz, Cups, Dumbo, PP, Snow White, IASW, Carousel and walk on HM just as early EMH was over.  Ride wise I have been known to ride everything we wanted before lunch time.  Then hit the attractions later.  

Well I have been known to get a lot done before lunch time too.  But that was before Anna.  Now if I see one show, ride small world and eat some fries, it is a full day.  :rofl3:

I subscribe to TPs too, and many times their advice jives. BUT when I compare estimate wait times in park, Josh always wins.

IP also uses historic date that doesn't always look at other factors. Good example.... TP suggested the MK as their most recommended park on July 4th. I'm pretty sure all fiends know that they would be (and was) the ONLY park closed for capacity that day. Far from a best park from a crowd standpoint.