The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler New Merchandise

From the Disney Parks Blog...

ttt1179835SMALL.jpg

This weekend marks the return of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort. I’ll admit I’m not a runner, yet this event piqued my interest (especially considering I’m a super fan of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror). I recently caught up with Mary Myers, merchandiser for runDisney events, who gave me an overview of several merchandise items being offered this weekend.

ttt2279835SMALL.jpg

I think one of my favorite items is the new pull-over “I Did It!” jacket. The best detail is the course map featured on the back. There is also a long sleeve shirt featuring a similar map on the back.

ttt3379835SMALL.jpg

Mary created several logo shirts for women and men that feature the race logo with Stitch and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

ttt4479835SMALL.jpg

The race weekend will see other events besides the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler. There will also be the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run and runDisney Kids Races on Saturday morning. My son participated in one of the Kids Races several years ago and loved it (the best part is every child takes home a finisher medallion).

Mary created a few commemorative items for those additional events including a limited-release pin for the 5K Trail Run and an ear hat for the Kids Race. Pins were also created for the 10-miler along with a necklace and a logo glass.

Look for these items at Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo that will be held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. On Friday, October 4, the Expo will be open from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Expo will run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5.

I will be sending good thoughts to all participants this weekend. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #Tower10Miler or #HappyHaunted5k if you will be participating.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/new-merchandise-for-the-twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-10-miler-weekend-at-the-walt-disney-world-resort-on-october-4-5-2013/

I'm closing out Food & Wine with the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon ...

When I say Closing Wine & Dine I mean just that -

10:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 - 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 10, 2013

After-hours Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival

You've run the Half Marathon! Now it's time to celebrate with your exclusive entry to the Finish Line Party at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. Your race registration includes access to this extraordinary celebration which includes entry to over 25 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival kiosks, access to favorite Epcot® attractions, a $10 Disney Gift Card, Character Meet & Greets, musical performances, entertainment and a live DJ!

That party is the last shot at Wine & Dine :wine: :grill: