When we went last August I attempted online check in and kept getting an error message.  I called and apparently certain request such as "pet loop" cause the system to hiccup.  We could never get it right and don't plan to use it this time to have something to compare it to.

I usually don't mess with on-line check in.  However, on my last visit, since I had one of my daughters flying in and using Magical Express, I decided to do the online check in, just to make sure there were no problems.

After going through the entire process, and answering all the stupid questions, I got an error message on the last screen telling me to try again later.  When I tried again later, I got the message that I had already completed online check in.  Sure enough when I got to the Fort, they didn't have me as having completed online check in.

Disney's computers system has been horrible since the beginning.  I am afraid that will never change.

TCD

We do online check in most of the time. The only problem I have had was trying to use the link to online check in provided in the conformation email. I called and the CM told me they had known issues with the links in email and they were working on it. She then gave me an address to online check in and we have had no trouble after that. The only time it really made a difference you could tell was at Pop Century. They had dedicated lines and they just scanned our MB and went and got our paperwork and we were on our way in less than 3 minutes. But at the fort there is not a dedicated line most of the time and really doesn't seem to help much. If it always worked like it did at pop I would never go without online check in.

It seems if you do the on line check in, you can select which loops you prefer.  Not sure if they use that info or not.

I did the on line last time we went, and when I got to the Fort found out somehow I had already finished paying for my stay by my on file credit card.

I'm glad it was only one extra day.  Money wouldn't have been there if it was a week long stay!

After going through the entire process, and answering all the stupid questions, I got an error message on the last screen telling me to try again later.  When I tried again later, I got the message that I had already completed online check in.  Sure enough when I got to the Fort, they didn't have me as having completed online check in.

Disney's computers system has been horrible since the beginning.  I am afraid that will never change.

TCD

Same thing happened to me. I thought maybe I had actually done online check-in but didn't remember...I guess I'm just getting old. So I went back through my emails thinking I would have an email confirmation, but there wasn't one. However, when we went to check-in, it appeared that they had my online check-in. I didn't have to give them my credit card or anything else. Weird!

I usually don't mess with on-line check in.  However, on my last visit, since I had one of my daughters flying in and using Magical Express, I decided to do the online check in, just to make sure there were no problems.

TCD

We did everything online and everything seemed to go fairly well--so we thought.  Yesterday we ate at the Mexican pavillion and charged the bill on our Disney card, when the waitress brought the bill back to be signed, the machine would not take our pin code, kept saying that the pin code had never been activated.  This almost was a really embarrassing situation as we did not have enough cash for the bill, or a credit card on hand at the time.  The waitress had to get special permission for us to charge the meal on the card otherwise we would have been washing dishes or something.  Later, at Customer Relations, the lady there told us that the computer system apparently didn't take the pin code we gave it and the check-in people at the fort should have asked us to verify it at that time, but did not.  My DW says that she knows she put it in because the first one she put in would not take because it had duplicate numbers in it and she had to put another one in.

We did everything online and everything seemed to go fairly well--so we thought.  Yesterday we ate at the Mexican pavillion and charged the bill on our Disney card, when the waitress brought the bill back to be signed, the machine would not take our pin code, kept saying that the pin code had never been activated.  This almost was a really embarrassing situation as we did not have enough cash for the bill, or a credit card on hand at the time.  The waitress had to get special permission for us to charge the meal on the card otherwise we would have been washing dishes or something.  Later, at Customer Relations, the lady there told us that the computer system apparently didn't take the pin code we gave it and the check-in people at the fort should have asked us to verify it at that time, but did not.  My DW says that she knows she put it in because the first one she put in would not take because it had duplicate numbers in it and she had to put another one in.

We have had issues with online check in and charging privileges also. I used to never want charging on my resort card and online check in makes you give them a credit card. But now that we have MB I like to have charging privileges because it is so easy to tap and enter a pin. I have had them tell me at check in that I needed to set up a pin when I knew I had online and I have set it up at the check in desk and had it not work. As TCD said Disney's computer systems don't play well with each other. The time that we set it up at the resort and it did not work they had to cancel our entire reservation and redo it.  It took forever and was a huge PITA. 

I did on line check in yesterday for our arrival Friday.  This time I didn't add a credit card for incidentals.  Last time I did that  (and maybe goofed up somewhere else) they charged the rest of my stay to my card before I got there.

Also, this time it I couldn't get to the preferences link where you could "request" what loop and amenities your preferred.  Kept getting an error.

I did fax in my loop and site preferences.  Hope we get what we asked for.  Last month we had the best site ever!

1511, it backed up to a canal, and there was enough of a "hill" to slow the grand daughters down before they got to the water.

I don't like this trick they're pulling with charging your credit card for the balance of your stay before you get there.

I'm sure somewhere in the terms of service that you click on to do the online check-in, you give them permission to do that, but I don't like it.

After having many, many wrong charges that I had to spend time sorting out, I stopped authorizing my KTTW cards for charging.  I don't want Disney charging me for stuff without me knowing about it.  Now, with the MagicBands, I guess I will be going back to the time of having to watch them like a hawk.

Also, Travisma, stop telling people how great the 1500 loop is.  It's hard enough to get a site there.  Tell everyone that 2000 is the place to be. And if you have a favorite site, it's not in your best interest to tell everyone how great it is.  The next time you want it, someone who heard how great it is is going to be there ahead of you.

TCD

I don't like this trick they're pulling with charging your credit card for the balance of your stay before you get there.

I'm sure somewhere in the terms of service that you click on to do the online check-in, you give them permission to do that, but I don't like it.

After having many, many wrong charges that I had to spend time sorting out, I stopped authorizing my KTTW cards for charging.  I don't want Disney charging me for stuff without me knowing about it.  Now, with the MagicBands, I guess I will be going back to the time of having to watch them like a hawk.

Also, Travisma, stop telling people how great the 1500 loop is.  It's hard enough to get a site there.  Tell everyone that 2000 is the place to be. And if you have a favorite site, it's not in your best interest to tell everyone how great it is.  The next time you want it, someone who heard how great it is is going to be there ahead of you.

TCD

Folks I made a mistake!

We were in the 3000 loop last time.

3030 with the chocolate fountain for the kids and the neverending beer keg for the adults was the best loop ever!

I don't like this trick they're pulling with charging your credit card for the balance of your stay before you get there 

I have never had that happen and we do on-line check in all the time. The charge for this trip didn't appear as "pending activity" until the day we checked in and didn't post to our account until 2 days later.

We like to have our amex card (no pin) in the system so we can charge with our World Card or now MB, But I do not remember being asked for a pin ever?  Do you get asked for a pin number every time you charge anything around the world now?

With the new "tap KTTW cards" you will put a pin into the system (you enter it discreetly) and then enter it when ever you use your card.

I have never had that happen and we do on-line check in all the time. The charge for this trip didn't appear as "pending activity" until the day we checked in and didn't post to our account until 2 days later.

Maybe that's how mine had worked.

At check in I tried to give my card to the CM.  She told me that we had already paid in full.

Maybe she meant that they had the info and were going to charge us?

Going thru my bank records, I see that they actually charged the remaining day on our checkout day, not before we got there like the CM told us.

Charges using our linked KTTW cards didn't appear until the day after our checkout (we were only there Friday to Sunday).

Sorry for any mis-information