So I am trying to figure out what's wrong with or how to make the heat strip in Maria work. Metaldad had told me he never got it working. Any suggestions?

Are you sure it doesn't work?

I have a heat strip on my AC unit.  It doesn't do a whole lot when it's really cold.  It will raise the interior temps just a bit.

A small space heater will heat the inside of your pop-up just fine. That makes the air warm.  But, you will need to do something with the bunks, as there's just a thin piece of plywood between your mattress and the cold.  A lot of pup owners use electric blankets.  We don't camp much when it's cold, so I don't mess with the electric blankets.  The space heater is all I use.

TCD

In my pop ups, a small space heater can take it from that freak cold in Florida of 30 degrees at night to a balmy 70 in about 10 minutes.  I wouldn't even bother with a  heat strip.  A heat strip is not designed to warm your camper, just take the dampness out.

Probably heat strip is burnt out. Not had to replace and is not real expensive. Heat strips are not intended for continuous use and only to take chill off the camper.

Thanks BigTom. I am probably not going to spend any money trying to fix it. I am still learning about the PUP and I like to know all that I can and fix things but It wont do the job anyway up here so I will just use the space heater. 

Jason, there should have been a small ceramic heater left under one of the dinette seats. That thing will get the PUP nice and toasty. Almost burned my scalp one night from having it too close to where I slept. Keep a bottle of water handy, keeps the air dry too, several cold nights I woke up thirsty from the dry air!

The booze does help though, I've studied that!

Jason, there should have been a small ceramic heater left under one of the dinette seats. That thing will get the PUP nice and toasty. Almost burned my scalp one night from having it too close to where I slept. Keep a bottle of water handy, keeps the air dry too, several cold nights I woke up thirsty from the dry air!

The booze does help though, I've studied that!

I didnt find that John. I thought you might have forgotten it. I will take another look tonight.

Thanks for the tips on it though.