Thrill Shakespeare's New Disney Art Series

Hello All!

Over the last few years, I have developed a style of pen & ink/watercolor artwork that I really enjoy.  The centerpiece of each picture is an almost maze-like image (inspired originally by Aztec designs) drawn with only one unbroken line.  This design is later accented with watercolor.

DramaMama and I have discussed me creating a very large piece for our Disney-inspired master bedroom that would consist of many canvases of varying sizes depicting the various parks and resorts of Walt Disney World.  I decided to work on several smaller pieces first to shake off the rust -- it's been awhile since I've worked on one of these.

So...here is the first of my Disney series of paintings.  I call it "Conduit".  I need to take a better picture -- some of the design on the edges is cut off -- but this will give you an idea.  See what you think...

Conduit_medium.jpg

Thanks, everyone!  I'm so glad you like it!

Wow, how long did that take?  

About 4 hours or so.  The ink step is really nerve wracking since one wrong move means I have to start over.  Doing the entire drawing with one line makes it a real challenge.  If you trace the line around you'll find that I do part of one area, go to another part of the drawing, and eventually make my way back.  If you're not careful you find that you've trapped yourself in a corner.  Makes for a little drama as you draw!

I'm already planning the next one.  I think this one will feature Belle.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement! 

That's awesome! It looks like an art piece on display at the Disney Festival of the Masters fest at Downtown Disney.

Thanks, Judy!  I'm not sure any of my artwork should ever be mentioned in the same sentence with the Festival of the Masters, but I'm pleased nevertheless. :jumpforjoy

Maybe I should make a Snarky painting for a later raffle...

• 2 weeks later...