First visit to the Fort... golf cart absolutely necessary?

Hi there.  Our family will be making our first trip to the Fort next week on Halloween!  This is kind of a last minute reservation so I am wondering if a golf cart rental is absolutely necessary.  We will be doing parks on Thursday morning, Friday and Saturday but possibly taking advantage of the other things that the Fort has to offer at various times during our stay.  (Can you tell I haven't even really begun to research yet!?!)

My question is - how easy is it to get to transportation to MK, the pool, dining, etc?  Would we be crazy to plan to walk with a double stroller and our 3 kids, or should we look into a cart rental?

Thanks!!!!!

You should be fine without a golf cart. They are nice to have, but not necessary to get around. Typically, golf carts carry four adults fine. If you need to carry three children and a double stroller, safety might be an issue. Disney transportation can get you wherever you need to go. If your children are old enough, I'd bring bicycles.

You definitely do not need a golf cart.  They are fun, and convenient.  But whether you have one will not make or break your vacation.  Between the buses and walking, you'll be fine.  If you are concerned about buses with the double stroller, as you would have to fold it up each time you ride, you may want to put in a request for a site in proximity to whatever area of the campground you think you'll use most.....Settlement (transportation to MK) or Meadows (pool and campfire).  For transportation to the other parks, if you plan on using Disney Transportation you will be on buses anyways.  You can always drive to the parks if that is a concern.  

What level of campsite were you able to reserve?  

Oh, and WELCOME!!! 

Yes it's absolutely necessary!!!

Ok not really. I just wanted to be different. They are a lot of fun for driving around the loops looking at the decorations and meeting new FrIENDS. we call it looping, I might suggest you rent one on a day you are planning to to just stay at the fort. Then you can decide whether or not its worth it. Me personally wouldn't be at the fort without one but I'm old and lazy.

Either way you'll have a great time and welcome.

I'll pile on and say welcome and, no, a golf cart is not necessary.

But, since you're going to be there during one of the best times of the year for seeing campsite decorations, you really ought to at least rent a cart for the day.  You can arrange for a daily rental at the front desk, or by calling the Bike Barn.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of Disney's carts are already spoken for for Halloween itself, but you shouldn't have a problem getting a cart for one day during the weekend. 

Don't sweat the fact that you're late in the planning department.  When I first visited the Fort, there was no such thing as the internet, and I figured it out.

TCD

Just wanted to join the rest of the fiends in saying, no...not necessary.  Nice, but not necessary.  Disney transportation to the Magic Kingdom (via the boat) is fairly efficient.  I'm not a huge fan of the buses (we've waited too long in the past) so I would drive to the other parks, if you have a car.

Have fun and   :welcome:

If you don't rent a cart, ask to be assigned to a site/cabin closer to a bus stop.  I stayed in a cabin last year and was glad I rented a cart.   The cabin was at the far side of the loop and a LONG walk to the bus stop.   You're lucky to get a last minute reservation.   Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas are usually booked well in advance.

Welcome Fellow Newbie! I should preface that I'm new to the website, but not new to Campsite! 

And my advice with a Golfcart is Get one! I've gotten one the first 5-6 times I camped, and on the 7th we decided to pass on the cart, and it was a huge mistake.

Not only are they fun and convenient they made your whole stay more enjoyable. To and from the comfort stations, to the pools, and you can park them at the Main Bus station to the parks, instead of taking a bus from the loop to the station and to the parks.

All i know is that, from now on I will always be renting a golf cart. Or atleast until I purchase my own!

Have a great time!