Anyone rent a car while staying at the Fort?

I am sorry if this has been posted somewhere, every time I search for "Car Rental"all I find are  cart rental posts. We will be there soon for two weeks and would like to rent a car or van for a couple days so we can show My Mother and Daughter the Ocean. Has anyone rented a vehicle while staying at the fort? If so, any suggestions or recommendations? Will anyone deliver and pick up a vehicle at the fort?

Thank you very much in advance.

Laura

:clint:

We've never rented while at the fort but we used to rent when staying at BC all the time. Sometimes even just for a day or two to hit Universal Studios and the outlets. Alamo/National at the Swalphin offer great service and more flexibility, especially when dropping off. You can easily get there & back from DTD, Epcot or DHS. After hours you just leave it with valet parking. Haven't rented a car in a few years now, but I highly recommend the budget option of picking a day or two at the beginning or end of your vacation instead of paying to have it sit parked most of your vacation.

You can also drop off cars rented at the airport or other locations at the Swalphin. It may have changed but in my experience we've never been charged a late fee when leaving it with the valet after hours either. The rental office at the Car Care Center always had limited hours. The Swalphin Valet is 24/7.

We have rented from a couple of companies while staying at the Fort.  DH can give you more information.  I do know they picked him up at the Fort and when he returned the car they drove him back to the Fort.  We have always gotten good service and even fair prices.

Yes, we have rented several times while staying at the Fort.  We have usually rented from Enterprise which has a desk on Hotel Blvd and will pick up and deliver directly to your site.  We once had a reservation for a certain time, but no car came from Enterprise.  When I called to check on it, the office was closed.  I then rented from Alamo, but had to meet their bus at the Outpost.  I understand after I had gone in the Alamo car, Enterprise came to the campsite...too late.  We have since rented from Enterprise with better results and would rent from them again when the need arises.  (After chatting with the Alamo driver, he delivered me back to my site instead of the Outpost...We found out we had grown up near each other in Alabama, so we had a lot to talk about.)

We have rented at times to pick up groceries or supplies, or to pick up prescriptions from a "nearby" CVS pharnacy.  When we went to Universal we rented a van which gave us space for the four special needs kids we had with their three wheelchairs.   I can research the van supplier if needed.  It was a full size Ford van with no rear seat, giving us wheelchair space. Based at least partly on that rental, we havce since bought a similar Ford E-350 van. with three wheelchair tie downs in the middle.

Let me know if you would like more info on our rentals.

Hopefully DaveInTN will see this.

I know he has rented a car while at the Fort.

The on-property car rental place will pick up/drop off from the Reception Outpost at the Fort.  Here's a link to the Official Disney Site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/

TCD

Sorry....I saw this a week too late.  But yes, I did rent from Alamo at the Car Care Center once in 2009.  They picked me up in a van at the Outpost and, after a quick stop at the Lodge, took me straight to the rental counter.  Prices seemed reasonable....like any car rental place.  I don't think there was a premium paid for the convenience.  After returning the car they delivered me back to the Outpost.