So we went over to the Fort last weekend and was issued Magic bands and then was told the Magic bands will not open the gate, will not open the comfort stations or laundry rooms.  We could use the to charge but we never got the chance to try.  Oh and because the DW and I already had MB previously they could not make the new MBs the other people in our party were given to work in the parks so they could not use FP+.  WTFort. We went to GR at AK and they could not help either in fact they told us we should not link AP to MBs.  WTF again.  They did give us some FPs that we could use but my daughter and her boyfriend had just bought APs and were very bummed they could not get their MBs linked and use FP+.  Mine and my DW's MB still worked and I was able to get some FP+ but later in the day when we decided we wanted to change either some return times or to a different attraction I kept getting error msg to try again later. We finally decided to leave and I was trying to cancel the remaining FP+ that we were not going to use and still got the error msg.  So needless to say the bugs are not worked out of the system and the poor CMs at guest relations are pulling their hair out.  They are in the dark for the most part as well.  So I hope you have a magical time when you get your MB.   I still think they will be a good thing but it may take a year or two for them to get them to work. Apparently Disney hired the same IT folks that Obama care hired.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ work

So we went over to the Fort last weekend and was issued Magic bands and then was told the Magic bands will not open the gate, will not open the comfort stations or laundry rooms.  We could use the to

Maybe they hired the same guys that did the healthcare web site.

Our bands open the gate, and CS doors the only problem we had was since the FORT didn't come on line until the 21st our AP and early Oct FORT ressie would not link for FP+. We could get FP at the park kiosk but not on MDE.

If you are not on property and were not part of the test then there are issues with Bands, AP and FP+. I didn't think AP's alone would let you use FP+ yet. ??

Our bands open the gate, and CS doors the only problem we had was since the FORT didn't come on line until the 21st our AP and early Oct FORT ressie would not link for FP+. We could get FP at the park kiosk but not on MDE.

If you are not on property and were not part of the test then there are issues with Bands, AP and FP+. I didn't think AP's alone would let you use FP+ yet. ??

Strange the check-in CM told us they would not work and I confirmed they in fact did not work.  The system must really be screwy to work on some and not others.  I don't see how when all my MBs and KTTW cards are listed on my account and all showing as active. The KTTW card they gave worked but the bands would not and they are all on the same system and account.  you are right that linked AP alone will not work but that was not our situation. I am not disputing that ya'lls worked by the way.

Strange the check-in CM told us they would not work and I confirmed they in fact did not work.  The system must really be screwy to work on some and not others.  I don't see how when all my MBs and KTTW cards are listed on my account and all showing as active. The KTTW card they gave worked but the bands would not and they are all on the same system and account.  you are right that linked AP alone will not work but that was not our situation. I am not disputing that ya'lls worked by the way.

Did you link your ressie # and AP # on MDE yourself? That is one thing that has to be done.

So we arrive December 14, we will be getting issued Magic Bands? Just curious,the kids are dying to have them.

Set up an MDE account and add your reservation #. It should then show Magic Bands that you can customize (Color selection) and they will ship them to your house if you want. You will need to go to the "My Magic Bands" tab.

Grey or not my kids and wife are going to break the bank buying accessories for theirs. It's a darn good thing their dad is a Disney nut too.

I'm not gonna buy any accessories.  I hear they fall off a lot.  I'll just look at the ground and pick up the ones that others have lost.

Set up an MDE account and add your reservation #. It should then show Magic Bands that you can customize (Color selection) and they will ship them to your house if you want. You will need to go to the "My Magic Bands" tab.

I have a MDE account and can see my reservation, but the only thing I can see about the bands is linking them. Nowhere can I see how to order or customize. We are still 181 days from arrival so I may be way early, just thought I would check after reading this thread.

Also says I am outside the window for fast pass+ (whatever that is, still have to read up on it), what is the window?

I have a MDE account and can see my reservation, but the only thing I can see about the bands is linking them. Nowhere can I see how to order or customize. We are still 181 days from arrival so I may be way early, just thought I would check after reading this thread.

Also says I am outside the window for fast pass+ (whatever that is, still have to read up on it), what is the window?

I believe it is 60 days. 

I was shocked. We had til Oct 26th to customize our bands for our thanksgiving fort trip. If it were not for all of you, I would have had no idea to check my MDE app to do it. Anyways I then got this in the mail the next day

ad78749994d8027b69a5696e0ef7b999.jpg

......and then to my surprise, these showed up today

0b17185261b53ff23c39f3b9d107ee95.jpg

I got all excited along with the kids, but then I realized, what is to be excited about. During our thanksgiving trip we are only going to a MVMCP and the fast passes are closed for that event. I guess we can have fun going in and out of the fort gate with our new bands. I guess the only plus right now is that down the road we will be able to hopefully link AP's when we get them to these bands

So I had to look.  Mine were delivered sometime today too.  They delivered them to the side door we don't normally use.

WooHoo!!!

Didn't get the invite for the testing, but we don't have tickets tied to our account either.  Since we are not doing park days, it is still all good.

So I had to look.  Mine were delivered sometime today too.  They delivered them to the side door we don't normally use.

WooHoo!!!

Didn't get the invite for the testing, but we don't have tickets tied to our account either.  Since we are not doing park days, it is still all good.

I'm confused  ???   We have three reservations set for 2014; the first is in February.  I have not purchased park tickets yet.  Under MDE, I don't see anywhere to order bands... at first I thought that maybe I needed park tickets first, but maybe that is not the case?  Can I order bands for our trip or do I have to wait until Disney "invites" me?

WooHoo!!!

I'm confused  ???   We have three reservations set for 2014; the first is in February.  I have not purchased park tickets yet.  Under MDE, I don't see anywhere to order bands... at first I thought that maybe I needed park tickets first, but maybe that is not the case?  Can I order bands for our trip or do I have to wait until Disney "invites" me?

WooHoo!!!

You are too far out. Once you hit a certain window of time, Assuming Disney goes truly live or continues testing, You will have an option in MDE to customize Magic Bands. Then you can pick your colors and order. And I do not know off the top of my head when that window will open for you. 

We've tried our Magic Bands to open the Fort front gate a few times and they won't work for us.  

We are also having a hard time getting the system to work.  It keeps telling us that we don't all have valid park admission, even though we do.  It's pretty frustrating.    

I'm not gonna buy any accessories.  I hear they fall off a lot.  I'll just look at the ground and pick up the ones that others have lost.

That's our theory as well.  We've been here two days and found one band accessory so far.  

You are too far out. Once you hit a certain window of time, Assuming Disney goes truly live or continues testing, You will have an option in MDE to customize Magic Bands. Then you can pick your colors and order. And I do not know off the top of my head when that window will open for you. 

Thanks!

We've tried our Magic Bands to open the Fort front gate a few times and they won't work for us.  

We are also having a hard time getting the system to work.  It keeps telling us that we don't all have valid park admission, even though we do.  It's pretty frustrating.    

Did you go to MDE and link all the ressies and tickets?