• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ work

So we went over to the Fort last weekend and was issued Magic bands and then was told the Magic bands will not open the gate, will not open the comfort stations or laundry rooms.  We could use the to

Maybe they hired the same guys that did the healthcare web site.

Hmmm, you were able to order MBs already? I thought it was at 60 days?  I'll have to go check.

She might have been able to customize them. Fp+ is 60 days I believe.

I confirmed my address and was able to customize them, but no FP+ yet. BUT, it let me click on the link and a screen came up that looked like it was going to let me. Then I got an error message. 

Can you link PP+ to the magic bands?

If you are meaning Photopass +, you do not have to link the PP+ to your MB.

You can use your MB as a PP card during your trip. The special red PP+ card is nothing more than a fancy PP card. You can use any PP card during you visit. The most important part of the PP+ package is the code that is inside the package. Once you vacation is over, just follow the directions and use the code inside and you will get your CD with all of the photos in your account, regardless of what you used to get them there.

There is one caveat to this though, to get your ride photos and dining photos, you have to use the red PP+ card. These photos cannot be added to any other type of PP card unless you pay for them.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well after 2 weeks of using Magic Bands. There ok they did nothing at the Fort and was told at check in that they would not open anything. They were nice for paying for stuff and I did like them for entering the parks. Not crazy about fast pass plus it needs some help. But from what I have seen so far they are only making it worse.

How long did it take to get your MB? We went through the customization pages on MDE cite over 2 weeks ago. Now when we look on our MDE page it just gives us a countdown clock saying we only have 6 more days left to customize our bands. Are we missing something?

They need a certain time to mail the MB's to you.  They do not change the reminder even if you have already customized them.  I thought the same thing, went in and looked and everything was fine.  I received my MB's this past Friday.

Well we were at the Fort this past weekend with our 3rd set of MBs   This time they at least were all linked on the same account.  They told us at check-in as off this past Friday 11/22 that the MBs would work everything at the Fort.  Wrong, at least ours wouldn't.  And besides having set up charging privileges, that would not work either. Had to spend about 40 minuets at the front desk getting them to fix the MBs so one of our group could add his tickets.  The people at the front desk seemed to just collect all the information and then go in the back for 30 minutes so someone back there could actually fix the problem.  Either that or they wanted to be out of site while the cussed and kicked the computer to get things to work.  Now that everyone in our group is on account and linked with passes we should be set.  Check in was a really slow.  We only had  1 camper in front of us that was being helped when we pulled up and it took 40 minutes. I don't know how I always seem to pick the line with the first time visitor or CM that has to ask 1000 questions.  Now that so many people are using the MB FP+ suckage is greatly increasing.  By 10 AM soaring, TT, RNR TOT and TSM were all gone.  We did use FP for the stunt car show, something I always thought would be a waste but we got front row center and was allowed to get in and get our seats earlier so less standing and no climbing the stairs.  I won't go again without FP.  

The Magic Bands are indeed still in the test phase but our experience with them was positive. We did not get them ahead of time but they fixed us up with them at check in. Will be nice when you can use them to open comfort stations, etc but it was great to sync them with our account, charge items to them, and using them for fast passes is awesome.

Thanks.

That's it,.... thanks?

You have 4 posts, and 3 of them are on here, since you introduced yourself in August, and that's all you have to say?

Sorry, that's unacceptable, we need more words, and more posts.

Pick a thread, any thread, and dive in. You can't be any worse than some of the knuckleheads on here. Myself included.

We are very excited to be a part of the testing process. Our trip is in the first week of January and we don't wan to just get the generic grey bla bla bla bands.

Much, much better, uhh, I don't have your first name.

I'd address you by it, but there isn't one after your screen name.

BTW, which thread did you select to participate in? You thought I forgot, didn't you? I'll be looking for it.

Dam UPS! I tracked our MB's an they say it is on the truck and awaiting delivery. But it is now 9:14 and I am sitting with the blinds cracked like Santa Claus is coming with no one driving bye but my silly neighbors. I have come to the conclusion that we will not have them today. It is a sad day

Maybe they used drones to deliver them......