Maybe they used drones to deliver them......

Now get it right that's Amazon doing that. Right now UPS is so busy it has to be the worst Christmas I have seen in my 38 years being there, and all the things from Cyber Monday are just reaching us now. Ship early for all the big three shippers UPS, Fed EX, and the post office

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ work

So we went over to the Fort last weekend and was issued Magic bands and then was told the Magic bands will not open the gate, will not open the comfort stations or laundry rooms.  We could use the to

Maybe they hired the same guys that did the healthcare web site.

Dam UPS! I tracked our MB's an they say it is on the truck and awaiting delivery. But it is now 9:14 and I am sitting with the blinds cracked like Santa Claus is coming with no one driving bye but my silly neighbors. I have come to the conclusion that we will not have them today. It is a sad day

Nothing to get too excited about. The magic wears off the magic bands pretty quick once you realize they do nothing at the fort. Our check-in CM asked if we were going to the parks and we stated only the MVMCP She said ok, then enjoy your billion dollar Disney souviners

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ worked wonderfully for us, even with the one operator error I committed.  Then an kind, understanding CM took pity on me and let us all on the ride.  I may be in the minority, but I think the Magic Bands and the MDE app are great.

Nothing to get too excited about. The magic wears off the magic bands pretty quick once you realize they do nothing at the fort. Our check-in CM asked if we were going to the parks and we stated only the MVMCP She said ok, then enjoy your billion dollar Disney souviners

MBs are supposed to open the entry gate, access to Comfort Stations, access to the cabins, and can have charging privileges.

As I mentioned in October ours always did.

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ worked wonderfully for us, even with the one operator error I committed.  Then an kind, understanding CM took pity on me and let us all on the ride.  I may be in the minority, but I think the Magic Bands and the MDE app are great.

On a totally unrelated topic, check your Private Messages when you get a chance.

When we were at the Fort last week we had Magic Bands we got ahead of time. When we checked in the CM said we could use them for charging but gave us KTTW cards that she said were for the entry gate and comfort stations since the MB wouldn't work for those. Is there even a MB reader at the comfort station door? I don't remember seeing one (2000 loop). We liked them for park admission, although I'm not really sure it was any faster than using a paper ticket, and for charging. Mainly because usually I have to keep up with my 3 boys' KTTW cards so they wouldn't lose them (no pockets or shallow pockets). This time they each could get their own counter service meals and touch to pay so it made meal times go faster than when we all ordered and then I paid. We had no issues with using them for FP+ either although wesaw a lot of people who did.

When we were at the Fort last week we had Magic Bands we got ahead of time. When we checked in the CM said we could use them for charging but gave us KTTW cards that she said were for the entry gate and comfort stations since the MB wouldn't work for those. Is there even a MB reader at the comfort station door? I don't remember seeing one (2000 loop). We liked them for park admission, although I'm not really sure it was any faster than using a paper ticket, and for charging. Mainly because usually I have to keep up with my 3 boys' KTTW cards so they wouldn't lose them (no pockets or shallow pockets). This time they each could get their own counter service meals and touch to pay so it made meal times go faster than when we all ordered and then I paid. We had no issues with using them for FP+ either although wesaw a lot of people who did.

The doors to the comfort stations are RFID just like the bands now. TJ's worked around Halloween to open the Comfort station in the 1300 loop.

MBs are supposed to open the entry gate, access to Comfort Stations, access to the cabins, and can have charging privileges.

Ours would not open the gate or comfort stations. I forgot you could charge on them but we always opt to not have charging privileges due to the fact we spent like crazy the one time we did the charging thing. I think the bands will be great once the bugs are worked out

I've seen some posts on these things, but just out of curiosity, what do you do with old MB's?  I have seen where several families have several sets.  Do they expire?  Do they self-destruct, Mr Phelps?(old days TV)  Do you need to shred them?  Do they re-load?  Do they contain any information that could identify you or aid in ID Theft?  Can your pet swallow the chip and get into the Parks by himself?   :rofl2:

I've seen some posts on these things, but just out of curiosity, what do you do with old MB's?  I have seen where several families have several sets.  

Do they expire? THEY'RE GOOD FOR 999 YEARS.

Do they self-destruct, Mr Phelps?(old days TV)  YES

Do you need to shred them?  YES

Do they re-load?  ONLY IF YOU HAVE MORE BULLETS.

Do they contain any information that could identify you or aid in ID Theft? THEY CONTAIN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE BACK TO AGE 5, WHICH IN YOUR CASE IS A LONG, LONG, TIME.

Can your pet swallow the chip and get into the Parks by himself?   BUDDY DOES THAT ALL THE TIME. HE'S ACTUALLY TEACHING DOBBY HOW TO DO IT.

I've seen some posts on these things, but just out of curiosity, what do you do with old MB's?  I have seen where several families have several sets.  

Do they expire? THEY'RE GOOD FOR 999 YEARS.  So they are good for longer than some buried bomb parts.  I guess I'll need another one after that.

Do they self-destruct, Mr Phelps?(old days TV)  YES

Do you need to shred them?  YES

Do they re-load?  ONLY IF YOU HAVE MORE BULLETS.

Do they contain any information that could identify you or aid in ID Theft? THEY CONTAIN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE BACK TO AGE 5, WHICH IN YOUR CASE IS A LONG, LONG, TIME.  I'm in luck.  All my interesting life was before 5.

Can your pet swallow the chip and get into the Parks by himself?   BUDDY DOES THAT ALL THE TIME. HE'S ACTUALLY TEACHING DOBBY HOW TO DO IT.   Does he deposit the old ones in the pet loops?

And I forgive you for passing us up when we were stopped on the side of the road.  No problem at the time, Shawnee had just opened the door and was banging it against his shoulder trying to close it.   We did have some no-crank periods the past week, but naturally when we took it in for repair, it started every time for 4 days.  At least there was no charge.  Hopefully it will continue to work during our trip.

I've seen some posts on these things, but just out of curiosity, what do you do with old MB's?  I have seen where several families have several sets.  Do they expire?  Do they self-destruct, Mr Phelps?(old days TV)  Do you need to shred them?  Do they re-load?  Do they contain any information that could identify you or aid in ID Theft?  Can your pet swallow the chip and get into the Parks by himself?   :rofl2:

You can deactivate them on the My Disney Experience website and then reactivate them when you use them again (?not sure about that last part since it seems I've read that after the test they are going to/might issue new ones to everyone?). They read your MDE profile so when they are deactivated they can't do that and are just expensive wrist bands. That's what we did when my son thought he lost his between check out and home, esp. since we have non-expiration tickets still on our account.  You might want to do that if your pet seems to have a hankering to bond with Pluto or chase Mickey without your knowledge. You can also draw a clock face with a sharpie and pretend it's a watch, always set to 5:00 or something.  I'm keeping our two sets in the deluxe boxes they arrived in. It's like storing the holy grail. I'm thinking of building an altar.

You can also draw a clock face with a sharpie and pretend it's a watch, always set to 5:00 or something.  I'm keeping our two sets in the deluxe boxes they arrived in. It's like storing the holy grail. I'm thinking of building an altar.

Yes!  A person after my own heart.  :)

You can take them to the Outpost and they will recycle them..

• 7 months later...

Make sure your reservation is linked in your MDE account. Otherwise you wont have the option to customize MBs. If you don't link your stuff prior to arrival, you will receive the generic grey MBs when you check in. They then will give you instructions on how to link everything so you can take advantage of the MyMagic+ benefits.

If I buy my hopper passes thru my NYSUT benefits will I be able to link them in MDE and take advantage of FP+ or do I have to buy the tickets thru Disney?

If I buy my hopper passes thru my NYSUT benefits will I be able to link them in MDE and take advantage of FP+ or do I have to buy the tickets thru Disney?

Once you receive them, they should have a number on the back that will allow you to link them to MDE.

I just checked the MDE app and there are two options:  Enter ID and Scan Ticket.  I get tickets through the local military base.  They have a bar code or one of those square thingies that I take a picture of and that links them to the Magic Band.  Perhaps yours will work the same way.