Did you go to MDE and link all the ressies and tickets?

Yes.  We tried from both the website and the app.  We also talked to cast members that deal with the magic bands at Epcot and my husband was on the phone to the Magic Band customer service all morning and they couldn't get ours working, either.  Three of our party still show up as not having valid park admission. They suggest we go and get them new passes with new numbers and try again.  They keep telling us that this is why they are still in the testing phases.  Still working out the kinks.  

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used my magic band to open the entry gate - after we had checked in, of course.  I really enjoyed using the band at the parks; for one reason I never worried about losing my KTTW card.  The FP+ work

So we went over to the Fort last weekend and was issued Magic bands and then was told the Magic bands will not open the gate, will not open the comfort stations or laundry rooms.  We could use the to

Maybe they hired the same guys that did the healthcare web site.

Yes.  We tried from both the website and the app.  We also talked to cast members that deal with the magic bands at Epcot and my husband was on the phone to the Magic Band customer service all morning and they couldn't get ours working, either.  Three of our party still show up as not having valid park admission. They suggest we go and get them new passes with new numbers and try again.  They keep telling us that this is why they are still in the testing phases.  Still working out the kinks.

If you get a chance talk to "Chris" at the front desk. He seems to know how to get things working.

I had to make 2 reservations to get my Christmas trip planned, so MDE shows 2 magic band orders.  Should I customize both?  I wonder if that will create any issues with FP+

If you look on MDE you can activate and deactivate the bands. I currently have 9 showing on my account, why, who knows, but FP+ is working fine.

If you get a chance talk to "Chris" at the front desk. He seems to know how to get things working.

Thanks for the tip!  I'll keep that in mind if we have any more problems.  

Looks like we finally got them to work.  We talked to Guest Services at Studios today and after almost 45 minutes, they finally got them all to work.  They tried to return my parent's annual passes and get new ones and then link them and it didn't work.  Then they had to actually sell them back to Disney and then have them buy them again.  They were then able to attached the new tickets to the magic bands.  Something about the actually money exchange reset things and we could finally attached their tickets.  

When we tried to use our magic bands at the beginning of October they had lost all of our FP+ for the entire trip.  They said it was a "glitch" some people were having & it took them about 3 hours to fix it.  All in all I really liked the new system.  The app though is extremely slow & kept having error messages.

Today was NOT good. Major problems with tickets not linked and ONE cm to assist with problems. The cm at guest relations was extremely rude and had no clue about the bands. She said you could not link your ticket until you got a hard ticket (funny, Ed and I linked ours and made fp+.) Then she said you could make fp+ without your ticket being linked. Sent us to town square theater. Cm outside sent us to the corner by Tonya. They sent us to guest relations who sent us back to theater where there was a liner of folks a miller long and the line cm too assist. I was Not happy. Result: a couple of fast passes and problem unresolved.

Today was NOT good. Major problems with tickets not linked and ONE cm to assist with problems. The cm at guest relations was extremely rude and had no clue about the bands. She said you could not link your ticket until you got a hard ticket (funny, Ed and I linked ours and made fp+.) Then she said you could make fp+ without your ticket being linked. Sent us to town square theater. Cm outside sent us to the corner by Tonya. They sent us to guest relations who sent us back to theater where there was a liner of folks a miller long and the line cm too assist. I was Not happy. Result: a couple of fast passes and problem unresolved.

Progress isn't it great. From what I have seen so far I am not liking magic band. It was a neat idea. But it takes to much time to set up. And to many bugs in it. The old way was better. Just like I didn't like making ADRs 180 days out I don't like scheduling rides 60 days out. I think it time to quit Disney. Back to the county fair buy a ticket ride a ride no wait. Hope MDE gets better.

So far, it looks like there hasn't been a group yet whose MagicBands have worked flawlessly.

It's nice of all of you to be Disney's human guinea pigs.  I hope that they are compensating you for all the time you've been spending in guest services and at the front desk.

I am amazed by the fact that they are sending multiple sets of MagicBands to people with multiple reservations, and providing them to guests who don't have park tickets.

I would wonder how much this is costing Disney, but they've already told us that they have spent over a billion dollars on this project.

Wow. For that kind of expenditure I would have expected them to work a little better than they have so far.

TCD

Progress isn't it great. From what I have seen so far I am not liking magic band. It was a neat idea. But it takes to much time to set up. And to many bugs in it. The old way was better. Just like I didn't like making ADRs 180 days out I don't like scheduling rides 60 days out. I think it time to quit Disney. Back to the county fair buy a ticket ride a ride no wait. Hope MDE gets better.

A man after my own heart.  BAN Fast Passes.  Make everyone take their turn and wait in line.  Make a dinner reservation when you get on site.  All of these "improvements" are taking the fun out of going to DW.

I like the idea of the magic band being a room key, and maybe adding charging privileges and access to other things.  As long as the bands are secure, it seems like a better system then keeping track of a card.  I just don't like the Fast Pass system.  But then again I remember E tickets...

So far, it looks like there hasn't been a group yet whose MagicBands have worked flawlessly.

It's nice of all of you to be Disney's human guinea pigs.  I hope that they are compensating you for all the time you've been spending in guest services and at the front desk.

I am amazed by the fact that they are sending multiple sets of MagicBands to people with multiple reservations, and providing them to guests who don't have park tickets.

I would wonder how much this is costing Disney, but they've already told us that they have spent over a billion dollars on this project.

Wow. For that kind of expenditure I would have expected them to work a little better than they have so far.

TCD

Maybe they hired the same guys that did the healthcare web site.

Here's my 2 cents and MB experiences during our 3 week stay:

When we first checked in, the MB weren't available, was a bit bummed by that.  A few days in, we happened to stop up front for something else and asked about availability and they were available so they got us all set up - sort of.  Page they gave us with the reservation number was not correct, so had to call the reservation line to look up the correct id.  After that, punched everything into MDE and poof, I could schedule FP+ from my phone....  but the site claimed my wife was not eligible. Farted around with it more than I should of and gave up.  Tried it out at the park and we the linked AP worked fine for park entry, purchases worked, just FP+ was broken.

Next day we stopped up front before heading out to the parks to see if it was an easy fix, after explaining it and talking to 3 cast members, it was determined that only 1 acct was marked "eligible".  We were told an email needed to be sent to someone to correct it, should work soon, worst case next day.  Long story short, didn't fix it, one more stop and the same story did not help either.  

Last few days of our stay we stayed at the Lodge, when we checked in there we mentioned the issues and they corrected it immediately, but the system would not let them set up a pin for my band for purchases...  

Overall, the system is pretty neat, but the FP+ reservations need some serious tweaking and MDE on Android phones....  won't even go there.  But, it shows promise and hopefully it will get better.

TCD

Wow... a billion, really??  I had not heard that one yet; that's unbelievable  :dropjaw:  I guess we now know (one of the reasons) Disney can be so expensive....

A man after my own heart.  BAN Fast Passes.  Make everyone take their turn and wait in line.  Make a dinner reservation when you get on site.  All of these "improvements" are taking the fun out of going to DW.

I like the idea of the magic band being a room key, and maybe adding charging privileges and access to other things.  As long as the bands are secure, it seems like a better system then keeping track of a card.  I just don't like the Fast Pass system.  But then again I remember E tickets...

E tickets were great.  The really nice thing about the tickets, was if you could not ride the rides (as, physically, some people just cannot....but they want to go to Disney to watch their loved ones have fun), then you did not have to pay to walk around the park.