We recommend the Zip line course...

On our last trip down to Florida in November we went to the Central Florida Zoo (which I believe was in Sanford), about a 45 minute ride from DW, and my DH, DS and DIL all did the Zoom-Air zip line course. I believe there were 3 different courses to choose from (as well as a kid's course). The adult prices ranged from about $21 to $45 depending on how many courses you chose. Due to health issues I passed on this adventure but was able to get some great pics. It was certainly one of the highlights of the trip..a whole different experience from Disney but the kids (including the DH) had a BLAST!.  :)

This is the website: http://www.zoomair.us/

From what I could see (remember I was the one on the ground so it looked easy to me!) :rofl2:, they gear you up and then give you an approximately 10-15 minute lesson on the rules and ways of zip lining. You then climb up and  one by one start the course. You climb from tree to tree across a course hooked up to the lines. You get to go across different obstacles (some were 2 rails which you would walk across, others were set up like wooden slats that you walked across, some seemed more difficult than others but all seemed a bit different from one another).You are hooked to the wires during every manuever so it was quite safe. They were VERY stern with the fact that if anyone was caught not using the hooks correctly they would be immediately removed from the course.  After every few sets of obstacle  courses you would get to zip to a another area. There were all ages doing it and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It looks like there are some Youtube videos on their site. This may help explain it more.  I know my family all gave it a thumbs up! ;)

• 8 months later...