I just had the most magical experience

Yesterday I faxed a request for a site in the 700 loop, giving no reason other than we just wanted that site.  I figured it would go ignorned since the loop is pretty full, as is most of the Fort, probably.

ANYWAY, just now, I got a phone call from the site assigner, Alma, who explained that the site I requested was occupied until the day after we arrive.  She said if we would be willing to move sites after one day, then we could have the requested site!  

Perhaps my cynical side  - or my old age - is showing, but I am truly shocked.  For us, this is a wonderful display of the kind of magic for which Disney is known.  For her to take time from her work day to call us and explain about granting our request is above and beyond my expectations - and a great way to start our trip.

We leave in an hour!

1. Thanks for sharing this story!  I hope that this is just the beginning of the pixie dust you will enjoy on your trip.

2. There's a fellow who posts on another board who claims to be a FW CM who insists that faxed requests for sites are ignored and thrown in the trash.

3. Thank you for showing yet again that the information posted on other sites is just not true.

4. Have a wonderful time!

5.  How do you like that RustyScrapper?

TCD

1. Thanks for sharing this story!  I hope that this is just the beginning of the pixie dust you will enjoy on your trip.

2. There's a fellow who posts on another board who claims to be a FW CM who insists that faxed requests for sites are ignored and thrown in the trash.

3. Thank you for showing yet again that the information posted on other sites is just not true.

4. Have a wonderful time!

5.  How do you like that RustyScrapper?

TCD

I have been faxing requests for each trip since 2008.  Each and every time....without fail.....I have gotten what I have requested.  Now, I'm not talking about requesting a specific site, but rather something along the lines of "a site in 500 that backs up to the canal if possible".  And now you are telling me that every time I've bothered to fax my requests, they are thrown in the trash??  Well, seeing that my requests have been fulfilled every single time, that has got to be one magical trash can. 

I have been faxing requests for each trip since 2008.  Each and every time....without fail.....I have gotten what I have requested.  Now, I'm not talking about requesting a specific site, but rather something along the lines of "a site in 500 that backs up to the canal if possible".  And now you are telling me that every time I've bothered to fax my requests, they are thrown in the trash??  Well, seeing that my requests have been fulfilled every single time, that has got to be one magical trash can. 

Yeah, it's either a magic trash can, or the guy is full of it.  I'll go with magic trash can, since that guy is an expert and speaks with such authority (and always in list form for extra emphasis).  He is always backed by the other resident expert there.  They are never wrong, if they do say so themselves.

Thanks for the story. That's great to hear. But it reinforces my belief that the real magic of Disney these days lies in it's everyday CMs.  Not in upper management.  

Amen.

TCD

Yeah, it's either a magic trash can, or the guy is full of it.  I'll go with magic trash can, since that guy is an expert and speaks with such authority (and always in list form for extra emphasis).  He is always backed by the other resident expert there.  They are never wrong, if they do say so themselves.

TCD

Just like "no tents" on premium sites.

Awesome and congrats!!!!

Funny, it's worked for me too. We're lucky, or that magic trashcan is BIG!

BACON

Amen.

Every year I have faxed in a request for a particular spot in the overflow lot, and every year I have gotten it. Magical. What is the status of the garage sale on the 1600 loop? I wrote in a complaint and got a phone call about it. I expect nothing has changed.