New Guest maps will be debuting at Walt Disney World resorts Wednesday, November 13, 2013. The new maps will include detailed imaging from the My Disney Experience mobile app.

The new map rollout will take the form of a new one-sheet map for Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and Disney's Wilderness Lodge. These maps will feature room numbers and way-finding info. for the entire property.

I think this is an improvement from the latest version, which was not oriented to the north, and was very cartoonish:

92913669_zps8e790d52.jpg

However, there are two big boo-boos on the new map.

1.  Under the heading Bike Barn, they list the Wilderness Swimmin' Pool, which according to letter E on the map is the official name for the Cabin pool.  If the Cabin Pool is the Wilderness Swimmin' pool, then it's not particularly close to the Bike Barn.

and

2. They left of the Bus Stop that sits at the entrance to the 1200/1300 loops.  It's on the old map.  And it's still there.  Good luck to any newbies on the 1100-1300 loops.

I don't understand why they show the jogging trail but not the internal bus routes.  I guess that means another piece of paper with the bus routes, or they just aren't going to provide that information to guests?

I don't know why they don't show the canal that runs between the 1400 loop and the 500 and 600 loop.  I hope nobody uses this map and tries to cut through from the 500 loop to the 1400 loop.  Also, what are they going to give to people renting canoes and kayaks?  That's the route you take.

The problem here is that Disney has been trying to make the paperwork at every resort the same.  A map like this might work great at an All Star resort, but it fails at the Fort.

The two errors I noted on this nice new map says a lot about how much the management cares about attention to details.

TCD

The problem here is that Disney has been trying to make the paperwork at every resort the same.  A map like this might work great at an All Star resort, but it fails at the Fort.

Exactly.  And unfortunately because of the nature of the Fort, it's probably even more important that the information be accurate.  Someone needs to learn that it's ok to make exceptions to "the rules" when it comes to stuff like this.

I don't know why they don't show the canal that runs between the 1400 loop and the 500 and 600 loop.  I hope nobody uses this map and tries to cut through from the 500 loop to the 1400 loop.  Also, what are they going to give to people renting canoes and kayaks?  That's the route you take.

My sources tell me that, due to the infestation of duck weed in this canal, it is being drained and filled in.  Canoe renters will now be instructed to take out behind the dog park and walk the route of the old canal back to the bike barn.  Accordingly, the 500 loop is being renamed "Portage Pass". 

My sources tell me that, due to the infestation of duck weed in this canal, it is being drained and filled in.  Canoe renters will now be instructed to take out behind the dog park and walk the route of the old canal back to the bike barn.  Accordingly, the 500 loop is being renamed "Portage Pass". 

Speaking of Duck Weed, have you heard of the show Doomsday Preppers?

It's on the National Geographic channel.  There was nothing on last night, so I ended up watching an episode. One of the people on there moved to Costa Rica and was building a self sustaining fish pond.  He filled it with Tilapia and duck weed.  I guess Tilapia like to eat duck weed.  Doesn't a Tilapia raised on duck weed sound delicious?

Anyway, if the big one comes, maybe we could move to the Fort and start a Tilapia farm.  Do zombies like tilapia?

TCD

Doesn't a Tilapia raised on duck weed sound delicious?

That sounds better than the story I saw about how Tilapia are raised in China.  They have these huge ponds where the tilapia live, and suspended over the ponds are thousands of chicken coops with wire mesh bottoms.  The chickens poop...and voila!  Fish food.  So....don't buy tilapia from China.  They are full of sh*t. 

The two errors I noted on this nice new map says a lot about how much the management cares about attention to details.

TCD

So I've just been informed that Doug Lord (manager of both the Fort and Wilderness Lodge) has been made aware of the errors in the new map and is looking into it.