Can you bring your own boat?

I don't know the official answer but I've never seen private boats at disneyworld. So I would say no. There are lots of lakes around that you could use your boat in, but I don't know if any are owned or on Disney property.

But don't worry someone will be along shortly that has an official answer.

The official word from on high:

newfwgolfcartrulesp2001.jpg

You have to read it all the way to the end to find out about personal watercraft.

Note that prohibition is in the same bullet point that tells us no skateboards, ripsticks or gas powered scooters are allowed.  You may notice many of the above in operation whenever you visit the Fort.  Kids ride these right past Castmembers, who say nothing.

And, sometimes you'll see something like this:

100_2956.jpg

That sure looks like a personal watercraft to me.

TCD

Of course you can bring your own boat. Here is a picture of FWGirl and me on our yacht in Bay Lake during our last trip to the Fort.

d7sJGvE.jpg

Of course you can bring your own boat. Here is a picture of FWGirl and me on our yacht in Bay Lake during our last trip to the Fort.

d7sJGvE.jpg

I see you're choosing to leave out the ending of this little story.

Of course, you probably don't remember after all the Kungalooshes, but here's your boat now:

100_9754.jpg

That wasn't very magical, was it?

TCD

Correct, can't use them at Disney lakes.

Memphis, you are allowed to take kayaks, canoes, etc to your site?

I was wondering if the confiscated them when you pulled in.

They let guests bring canoes and kayaks to their sites.

Like this guy, on the 1400 loop:

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

I'm sure he didn't sneak the canoe out after the Bike Barn staff knocked off.

He just liked keeping it there in the back of his site.

TCD

When we were there in October, we had a large luxury cabin cruiser (I guess that's what they are called) following behind us on our way back to the Fort from the MK. We commented that we didn't think you could bring your own boat. Does anyone know what that boat was? It is something that you can rent from the Floridian or something?

When we were there in October, we had a large luxury cabin cruiser (I guess that's what they are called) following behind us on our way back to the Fort from the MK. We commented that we didn't think you could bring your own boat. Does anyone know what that boat was? It is something that you can rent from the Floridian or something?

Grand 1 Yacht

Enjoy a luxurious cruise aboard the Grand 1, a 52-foot Sea Ray® Sedan Bridge Yacht, which accommodates up to 18 Guests.

Sail around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon with the help of an experienced Captain and Deckhand. Choose an evening cruise to catch the breathtaking Magic Kingdom fireworks show, with synchronized audio from the onboard speakers. Fireworks may be rescheduled or canceled.

Private Dining

Delight in a customized menu from Private Dining, from intimate brunches and reception-style dinners to birthday cakes and decadent dessert platters. For added indulgence, treat yourself to professional Butler service.

Private Dining and Butler service are available at an additional cost, and with a Butler on board, the Grand 1 can accommodate up to 17 Guests.

Grand 1 Yacht

Enjoy a luxurious cruise aboard the Grand 1, a 52-foot Sea Ray® Sedan Bridge Yacht, which accommodates up to 18 Guests.

Sail around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon with the help of an experienced Captain and Deckhand. Choose an evening cruise to catch the breathtaking Magic Kingdom fireworks show, with synchronized audio from the onboard speakers. Fireworks may be rescheduled or canceled.

Private Dining

Delight in a customized menu from Private Dining, from intimate brunches and reception-style dinners to birthday cakes and decadent dessert platters. For added indulgence, treat yourself to professional Butler service.

Private Dining and Butler service are available at an additional cost, and with a Butler on board, the Grand 1 can accommodate up to 17 Guests.

Wow! How much does that little cruise cost???

Wow! How much does that little cruise cost???

Have you been looking for indulgent romantic night at Walt Disney World? Perhaps something Grand? How about a perfect night aboard the Grand 1 Yacht at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. You can experience this luxurious getaway for an extra special celebration or just spend a relaxing day out on the water.

Grand 1 Yacht at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

The Grand 1 is spectacular 52-foot Sea Ray Sedan Bridge Yacht that's available to rent for luxurious cruises on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. This richly appointed pleasure craft can accommodate up to 18 people (17 if you have butler service) for unforgettable magical events. Your rental includes a seasoned Captain, and Deckhand, you can also include a Butler that will help will make your cruise an unforgettable experience. Cost for rental is around $520 plus tax, and as always prices are subject to change.

I give personal tours complete with Kungaloosh and Doritos on the African Queen around Bay Lake for a buck and a half an hour.

• 4 months later...

Definately not allowed your own watercraft (not even non-motorized).

Just as a follow up, we were at FW in the 1400 loop last week and since we were backing onto the river / canal (where the Bike Barn canoes / kayaks go) and happened to have our inflatable paddle board, I decided to take out on the water.

In the span of about 20 minutes, I had 2 different staff members (one when I paddled by the Bike Barn and the other chased me down on a bicycle as I was getting back to my site after having turned around) tell me that I was not allowed my own canoe, kayak or paddleboard on the waterway.

They said it's for safety reasons (obviously the waterway itself isn't the problem since guests can rent canoes and kayaks on it so it must be that they are concerned about having too many canoes / kayaks on it. I guess it's a bigger safety issue than all the golf cart violation (no lights, minors driving, overloaded, faster than max speed, disobeying road rules (driving wrong way, cell phone use while driving, off roadways and kart paths, etc), unauthorized karts, etc) and for environmental reasons (they didn't seem too concerned about all the garbage in the waterway or even the open sewers within a few feet of the waterway or guests washing their vehicle at campsites but were very concerned about possible cross contamination of the water from allowing other canoes & kayaks in it).

I agree that they need to control watercrafts in the lagoon and motorized watercraft access but I don't see why guests wouldn't be allowed their own non-motorized watercrafts on the canoe/kayak waterway.