I just wanted to say God Bless you in your adoption journey.  Our adoption nearly 3 years ago completely changed our camping plans, both during the process like you have experienced and after we brought her home.  But it's all good!  

Thank You Dave!!! Like you we already had children of our own. It warms all of our hearts to be able to help this young boy out. We took him to the Fort in june and he was totally blown away by everything and had a wonderful experience, he had never been camping or to a theme park, even thou we only took him to the water parks he asks to go back every weekend.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to St Augustine over Thanksgiving then plan on the annual New Years trip to Gatlinburg for the street party

I just got a chance to check in and I really appreciate the comments.  I think the most important thing you can do is realize that camping with the family and trips to the Fort are a finite resource.  Enjoy them to their fullest while you are in them.  On one hand, I am sorta glad that I wasn't they only one going through this but on the other, sad for anyone that reaches this point.  We all wish it would have lasted just a little bit longer. 

I still harbor plans to someday steal my grandchildren and take them to the Fort! :clint: Always gotta have a future trip to look forward too...LOL

We actually didn't get our camper until we were empty nesters. I did a lot of Scout camping with the boys. Rick is not much of a camper at all. Actually most of my trips are solo (except Disney). So, don't despair, there is a camping life after the kids are gone.

We actually didn't get our camper until we were empty nesters. I did a lot of Scout camping with the boys. Rick is not much of a camper at all. Actually most of my trips are solo (except Disney). So, don't despair, there is a camping life after the kids are gone.

That's good to know, I'm prepping my children now to be productive members of society, I plan to sell everything after the last one is gone and hit the road for good.  Some people will not agree with my plan but that is ok.  The best thing my parents taught me was to stand on my own two feet.. if they hadn't I'm not sure where me or my children would be today.  I had a lengthy arguement about this particular subject with my sister last night so I'm still a little raw from it I guess.. To many people are raising cream puff's instead of functional adults.. :soapbox:

Ok I'm sorry, back to the regular scheduled program :)

I still harbor plans to someday steal my grandchildren and take them to the Fort! :clint: Always gotta have a future trip to look forward too...LOL

Couldnt agree more. 

We are on our second WDW life...kind of fell out of going after the kids were gone, but an adoption and then grandkids opened the fun all over again.  We try to make one trip each year, and take our youngest daughter (soon to be 16) and one of the grandkids each time.  They rotate turns going with us, and with new ones coming we have stair-steps of first timers to enjoy introducing to WDW.  Our trip in Jan will be the first time for our oldest grandson who is 7.  I really got/get a kick out of watching the grandkids going wide-eyed.  Makes it all kind of new again for me each time too. 

The kids may have grown and moved away but our interest in camping never went away.  The kids got a lot of good memories during our trips together and now they want there kids, my grandkids, to have those same memories.  We bought our  MH thinking we would explore the world as a couple but as soon as the grandkids find out we are going to the fort, they invite themselves and our little MH fills up past capacity.  You might think they will grow up and move away but they never leave you no matter where they live. 

We took a two week trip out to the pacific northwest this summer but that is it. We had a few small trips planned but they didn't work out. Even though I homeschool the kids still have loads of activities and my husband owns a business so trying to get away is a chore. Looking forward to our 6 days at the the fort in January. And hoping to take a few more trips next year.