• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen, Fiends and Friends...   DramaMama and Thrill Shakespeare proudly present...   Devores in knickers!  

For those wondering if you'll run into a Fiend CM while your at WDW, this may help. If you're a Fiend CM, please post where you're working and time.

I wish.   Support 1800 to 0030

Maingate is off 192 behind Animal Kingdom on Sherberth Rd.

Lou,

That is the road we talked about, the back way out from AK & AK Lodge, the one that leads to Black Lake Rd. that runs along 192

Maingate is off 192 behind Animal Kingdom on Sherberth Rd.

This office complex houses the Entertainment offices and Merchandise Offices and some other minor offices like risk management and environmental legal offices.

Its an old mall that Disney bought and converted to offices.

Never been there.

Lou,

That is the road we talked about, the back way out from AK & AK Lodge, the one that leads to Black Lake Rd. that runs along 192

I'm familiar with Sherberth Rd, and Black lake Rd., used it many times.

I misunderstood you, and thought you were saying that it was a shortcut to get back to the Fort from AK, but what you meant is that it's a better way to get to the stores on the west end of 192 from AK.

Never been there.

I'm familiar with Sherberth Rd, and Black lake Rd., used it many times.

I misunderstood you, and thought you were saying that it was a shortcut to get back to the Fort from AK, but what you meant is that it's a better way to get to the stores on the west end of 192 from AK.

Anything to avoid all the lights on 192 works for me, would rather drive a little bit more then to sit in stop & go traffic on that road.

Main gate/ ms. 1300 to 1800.

Taking the class to ms for some practice.

Dave, Dave, Dave, you put in 40 years in the military, I know, he looks great for a guy that old, and we're very appreciative of it, but you're regular flunky like us now.

I'm guessing that "ms" stands for Main Street USA, and the shift is 1:00 pm until 6:00 pm, a whopping 5 hours. And I thought I was a slacker.

Yeah, I realize that Disney uses military time in some places, but that's dumb too.

(Patriotic music playing in the background)

This is the USA and us Americans don't use no stinkin 24 hour namby pamby Euro clock. It's "12 hour clock or die". I stole that from NH.

So to translate.

Dave will be working from 1pm to 6pm at the Main Gate office complex. Afterward he will take the class of "brains filled with mush" to Main Street USA, where they will proceed to annoy, and harass unsuspecting guests with whatever Dave managed to teach them.

Is that about it Dave?

Dave, Dave, Dave, you put in 40 years in the military, I know, he looks great for a guy that old, and we're very appreciative of it, but you're regular flunky like us now.

I'm guessing that "ms" stands for Main Street USA, and the shift is 1:00 pm until 6:00 pm, a whopping 5 hours. And I thought I was a slacker.

Yeah, I realize that Disney uses military time in some places, but that's dumb too.

(Patriotic music playing in the background)

This is the USA and us Americans don't use no stinkin 24 hour namby pamby Euro clock. It's "12 hour clock or die". I stole that from NH.

So to translate.

Dave will be working from 1pm to 6pm at the Main Gate office complex. Afterward he will take the class of "brains filled with mush" to Main Street USA, where they will proceed to annoy, and harass unsuspecting guests with whatever Dave managed to teach them.

Is that about it Dave?

Yes Lou, that is correct. But old habits are hard to break.

I do, however, like my measly 5 hour shifts. Most of my shifts are 7 or less hours.

I will account your lack of grasping the 24 hour clock will chalked up to not being able to teach an old dog new tricks.

I use military time all the time. My work used it and DWs work still does.

Thank you. Lou is the odd man out it seems.

I worked for a trucking company and we used it there and I still function in it 5 years later

Another well taken comment.

It's used in business situtions because it can be computed, where 12 hour time is difficult to do.

The only "Disney" thing I cannot grasp is when they have hour 25 and 26. That is just dumb. I know why they do it, but it makes no sense.

I use military time all the time. My work used it and DWs work still does.

And I still use a Commodore 64.

I worked for a trucking company and we used it there and I still function in it 5 years later

You mean the trucking company that always delivered items late because the drivers couldn't figure out what 18:30 meant.