Golf Cart Charger Stolen in 600 Loop Last night

A lady Named Debbie Bernard Frame posted a couple hours ago that her golf cart charger was stolen last night.  She is in the 600 loop.  We stayed a few weeks ago with two golf carts and two chargers and did not lock anything up at all with no problem.  I guess timing is everything. 

Lock up your stuff I guess.

Sad.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many, many campgrounds have issues with weekend shenanigans.  Unlike Disney, a majority of those campgrounds patrol, take complaints seriously, and remove offending parties from the premises.  Disney

There is an override of the system that guests have figured out as well.  If you do it once, it wipes out the time constraints in your RFID on refillable mugs...essentially making them "forever mugs".

We always chain the charger to the cart.  Just not worth taking the chance for the few minutes it takes to put it on.   Especially when there's a pretty good market for chargers.

Usually it is out of sight, out of mind.  However, with all the locals running in and out of there, this is not surprising and not the first time it has happened either.  It is sad that people have to resort to taking things that don't belong to them.

Usually it is out of sight, out of mind.  However, with all the locals running in and out of there, this is not surprising and not the first time it has happened either.  It is sad that people have to resort to taking things that don't belong to them.

Theft is theft, but some people are plain Stoooooooopid. I have seen numerous people that leave the charger out in the open by the road, that's just asking for trouble IMHO, several of them were in 600.

We are here now and this year we have run into much more less desirable individuals than in the past. People have been much more rude and shady but I guess you always see this kind more at holidays and peak times. We never bring the charger to the marina since I heard that's just asking for it to be stolen

We are here now and this year we have run into much more less desirable individuals than in the past. People have been much more rude and shady but I guess you always see this kind more at holidays and peak times. We never bring the charger to the marina since I heard that's just asking for it to be stolen

Hey...off topic, but we stopped by the Fort for a brief visit on Tuesday afternoon.  Were you looping around 2:45 in the afternoon through the Settlement?  I saw your cart, but you were too far away for me to get your attention. 

Kenny says it happens all the time. His advice was to use common sense and make it as difficult as possible.

Yep - because most thieves are lazy and will move on to an easier target if you make it harder for them.

We've also been known to cram the dirty towel we use to wipe off the dogs back near the charger too.  Heck, *I* don't want to touch that thing and they're my dogs.

The people next door to us had their charger on the ground next their cart, right by the road.  They were asking for it to be taken.  We noticed a lot of people who forgot their manners this time around.  Along with a group of people who thought they owned the road in the 400 loop.  Made faces and comments at us every time we looped this week.

Hey...off topic, but we stopped by the Fort for a brief visit on Tuesday afternoon.  Were you looping around 2:45 in the afternoon through the Settlement?  I saw your cart, but you were too far away for me to get your attention.

Most likely. Our cart is one of a kind and hopefully you don't see another one like it. Your not camping here are you? I though your next visit wasn't until 2014 or 2015

The people next door to us had their charger on the ground next their cart, right by the road.  They were asking for it to be taken.  We noticed a lot of people who forgot their manners this time around.  Along with a group of people who thought they owned the road in the 400 loop.  Made faces and comments at us every time we looped this week.

Gotta love the morons who park their cart by the site number post and plug their charger in there... Incredible

Not with me, I'm still in the Atlanta area, but he may be in hot water with other Fiends.

I did see Curt.  But it was unplanned and I didn't see anyone else, except possibly starbuc from across the Settlement.  Looked around a bit for Annie but wasn't sure where she was.  Do not have a smartphone so couldn't post or check online.  And Lorna and Richie had to cancel.  

So.....who else am I in trouble with?   

There are reports out on the interwebz of more shenanigans at the Fort this weekend, including some comfort station doors being kicked in and broken. 

Seriously, What. The. Fort??

:(

I know I will probably upset some of the Florida "FIENDS", but what we have observed over the past couple years is when the "WEEKEND WACKO's" (the locals) show the place gets crazy. That is when we see rules being totally ignored. Starts on Thursday night and ends on Sunday usually.