Golf Cart Charger Stolen in 600 Loop Last night

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many, many campgrounds have issues with weekend shenanigans.  Unlike Disney, a majority of those campgrounds patrol, take complaints seriously, and remove offending parties from the premises.  Disney

There is an override of the system that guests have figured out as well.  If you do it once, it wipes out the time constraints in your RFID on refillable mugs...essentially making them "forever mugs".

We always chain the charger to the cart.  Just not worth taking the chance for the few minutes it takes to put it on.   Especially when there's a pretty good market for chargers.

The super decorators in 1600 told us last NYE when we were next door to them, that Tgiving weekend shennanigans are the worst.  They've had some blowups slashed that weekend a couple years in a row. They were saying that they would probably wait till after Tgiving weekend to put out the "fragile" stuff.

I know I will probably upset some of the Florida "FIENDS", but what we have observed over the past couple years is when the "WEEKEND WACKO's" (the locals) show the place gets crazy. That is when we see rules being totally ignored. Starts on Thursday night and ends on Sunday usually.

I'm local (and new to this site), but can't disagree with you.  We camped at FW in September and it was quiet and we had a great time.  Everybody was courteous, friendly, and looking at the campers, people who enjoyed camping and do it a good bit.

A few weeks ago, I managed to get a last minute opening in November; a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.  I had requested 1100 loop since my dog died in June, and we no longer need or desire a pet loop.  We were greeted by a large German Shepherd barking loudly at us with the owner sitting nearby doing nothing to quiet the dog.  I ended up asking Disney what their policy was for pets in a non-pet loop; thinking that perhaps the pet loops were overbooked.  That was not the case, and Disney was very nice and moved me to another site in 1100.  We never heard the dog again.  It got worse Friday night as more people came in to set up a variety of tents/cars to camp in.  I went to the beach to watch the fireworks and was surprised how loud and rude so many people were, and how many had way to much to drink.  When Sunday came, most of those who came in on Friday or Saturday packed up and went home.  I was a bit discouraged by the whole thing, and can only imagine what it was like over Thanksgiving. 

I'm local (and new to this site), but can't disagree with you.  We camped at FW in September and it was quiet and we had a great time.  Everybody was courteous, friendly, and looking at the campers, people who enjoyed camping and do it a good bit.

A few weeks ago, I managed to get a last minute opening in November; a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving.  I had requested 1100 loop since my dog died in June, and we no longer need or desire a pet loop.  We were greeted by a large German Shepherd barking loudly at us with the owner sitting nearby doing nothing to quiet the dog.  I ended up asking Disney what their policy was for pets in a non-pet loop; thinking that perhaps the pet loops were overbooked.  That was not the case, and Disney was very nice and moved me to another site in 1100.  We never heard the dog again.  It got worse Friday night as more people came in to set up a variety of tents/cars to camp in.  I went to the beach to watch the fireworks and was surprised how loud and rude so many people were, and how many had way to much to drink.  When Sunday came, most of those who came in on Friday or Saturday packed up and went home.  I was a bit discouraged by the whole thing, and can only imagine what it was like over Thanksgiving. 

Well, we have a German Shepherd that weighs in at about 80 pounds.  He has a deep bark and loves to let people hear it.  But, we request a pet loop, and he is never out alone.  If folks are walking we try to keep him quiet but it is a chore.  Really, he just wants to play with everyone.

Sorry they moved you.  If you were in a non pet loop the dog and family should move.

Welcome Djsamuel!

We were just at the Fort for a few weeks over Halloween and I have to say that I've never seen the weekends so crazy.  Every weekend we were there the Fort was super full over Fri/Sat/Sun and then emptied right out on Monday morning.

The level of shenanigans over the weekends was higher than we've seen before.  Our site was in 500 near the main road and there were carts racing by late into the night with people yelling, blowing horns and and generally whooping it up, and that was just some of it.

It was really noticeable how different the Fort was on the weekends, compared to the relative quiet and peacefulness during the week, which is what we're typically used to.

Oddly enough, this is the first trip we've noticed this being the case.  We go in the fall - either over Halloween or Thanksgiving - and have never seen anything like what we experienced this time around.

dunnosmiley.gif

Welcome DJ! I agree, the weekends were horrible when we were there from 10/25 to 11/12. There was a huge blood hound in our loop, the 900, that howled almost all the time. Someone else had a huge shepherd that got lose and we heard a small dog holler before the owners caught it. Then there were the chihuahas across from us that barked almost non-stop while their owners were gone ALL DAY long. 

Fortunately, it didn't bother us too much. Of course, we also had folks that drove their car and their golf cart the wrong way every time they left their site. I saw them almost hit a child on a small bike riding the correct direction.

Like Monique said though, the week days were awesome!

I will agree for the most part about the locals on the weekends. I consider myself a local since we live in Tampa but me and my family were raised with respect which the majority of the world ignores nowadays. We have noticed there are more fort rangers on duty but what is a older heavy set woman going to do chasing some unrulely kids....nothing. We miss the days before our kids were in school because we would try to check in on Sunday morning then check out the following Saturday. We have been here since Tuesday and I have to laugh at a the "Duck commander" wannabes. I like camo as much as the next guy but people driving these carts with no mufflers, doing donuts on the beach during the EWP and just being plain rude. I am definately writing a letter this time to Disney about this past week. Many of you know I am more negative than positive but my bark is worse than my bite...lol. All these shenanigans need to be monitored more. You can't change people's attitude but they could enforce rules at least. With the kids in school now, we need to follow school and holiday schedules which means if we are fort bound, it will be during these hectic times

Hearing about all these weekend shenanigans is making me nervous now because I have been to the fort probably 12 times now in the past 2 years and I have finally was able to get my parents to book a trip to the Fort but we had to do it on a long weekend because my brother is still in school. So we are going on Jan 16th-20th. I want my parents to have a great experience the 1st time they go so they will love the fort as much as I do. I don't want them to have a bad experience and then get the wrong idea about the fort. fingers crossed it will all work out. People really need to learn manners. 

Many, many campgrounds have issues with weekend shenanigans.  Unlike Disney, a majority of those campgrounds patrol, take complaints seriously, and remove offending parties from the premises.  Disney needs to grow a pair, realize that they cannot please everyone, enlist the help of OCSO more frequently, and start removing the asshats to keep the place a pleasant and magical destination for the families that choose to enjoy the Fort for a good, old-fashioned camping experience. 

Well, we have a German Shepherd that weighs in at about 80 pounds.  He has a deep bark and loves to let people hear it.  But, we request a pet loop, and he is never out alone.  If folks are walking we try to keep him quiet but it is a chore.  Really, he just wants to play with everyone.

Sorry they moved you.  If you were in a non pet loop the dog and family should move.

If the people tried to quiet the dog, and especially if it was a pet loop, I would have had no issues at all.  It was just the "all about me" attitude that seemed so prevalent that weekend.  Someone like you I would have had no issue with at all. 

I missed it in my previous post, but when I went back to the Outpost to ask about the pet policy, Disney said they would send someone out to check out the dogs (the German Shephard and a small barking dog in the adjacent campsite).  We walked the loop the next day, and both were gone.  Disney very well may have moved them (and got their $5). 

Many, many campgrounds have issues with weekend shenanigans.  Unlike Disney, a majority of those campgrounds patrol, take complaints seriously, and remove offending parties from the premises.  Disney needs to grow a pair, realize that they cannot please everyone, enlist the help of OCSO more frequently, and start removing the asshats to keep the place a pleasant and magical destination for the families that choose to enjoy the Fort for a good, old-fashioned camping experience. 

^^THIS^^

Hearing about all these weekend shenanigans is making me nervous now because I have been to the fort probably 12 times now in the past 2 years and I have finally was able to get my parents to book a trip to the Fort but we had to do it on a long weekend because my brother is still in school. So we are going on Jan 16th-20th. I want my parents to have a great experience the 1st time they go so they will love the fort as much as I do. I don't want them to have a bad experience and then get the wrong idea about the fort. fingers crossed it will all work out. People really need to learn manners. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm probably guessing that 90% of the guests at the Fort don't notice the Shenanigans. We as a group tend to watch out for those things and report them here.

Oh you will have lots of Fort Fiend company the weekend you are there. A bunch of ladies also known as Wild Womenz Weekend (no kids, no husbands) are gathering that weekend at the Fort :)

I want my parents to have a great experience the 1st time they go so they will love the fort as much as I do. I don't want them to have a bad experience and then get the wrong idea about the fort. fingers crossed it will all work out.

You've been warned...."See below" :rofl2: :rofl3:

I

Oh you will have lots of Fort Fiend company the weekend you are there. A bunch of ladies also known as Wild Womenz Weekend (no kids, no husbands) are gathering that weekend at the Fort :)

That sounds great! That has to be a fun weekend for them! I haven't met any fiends yet so I hope to meet some. I will be there this weekend Saturday to Monday to go to the Christmas party with my fiancés parents they arrived today they are in site 1728. Feel free to stop by and say hi if any of you are there.

I will agree for the most part about the locals on the weekends. I consider myself a local since we live in Tampa but me and my family were raised with respect which the majority of the world ignores nowadays. We have noticed there are more fort rangers on duty but what is a older heavy set woman going to do chasing some unrulely kids....nothing. We miss the days before our kids were in school because we would try to check in on Sunday morning then check out the following Saturday. We have been here since Tuesday and I have to laugh at a the "Duck commander" wannabes. I like camo as much as the next guy but people driving these carts with no mufflers, doing donuts on the beach during the EWP and just being plain rude. I am definately writing a letter this time to Disney about this past week. Many of you know I am more negative than positive but my bark is worse than my bite...lol. All these shenanigans need to be monitored more. You can't change people's attitude but they could enforce rules at least. With the kids in school now, we need to follow school and holiday schedules which means if we are fort bound, it will be during these hectic times

I would be surprised if you even got a response, but they may be in a good mood and send you a letter back apologizing.  Even so, I am convinced that Disney doesn't really give a hoot if you come back or not.  If you don't ever come back there will be about 10 others to replace you and they know that. 

Back sometime ago, I used to receive a questionnaire asking how my trip went and if I had any "magical moments" to report, but they always asked in a way that you couldn't find a spot to make any comments or suggestions about anything that you were not specifically asked.  I haven't even received one of those in recent years, all they send out now is the surveys, that you are approached in the parks to answer when you get back home.  They even go so far as to tell you in those surveys that they are not interested in comments or suggestions.  Those surveys are for their use in determining demographics and nothing else.

The DW and I really love Disney and the fort, it's a one of a kind experience that you can't get anywhere else, but I don't suffer with any delusions that they worry one iota about losing us as a customer.  The place is too big and too unique, and they have a customer base to draw from that is never ending.  They used to have some of the best employees (CM's) of any organization I knew of, but in recent years that has begun to also slip.

Hate to sound so negative, but I have to call them like I see them, however having said all of the above we just renewed our AP's, so go figure.

I would be surprised if you even got a response, but they may be in a good mood and send you a letter back apologizing.  Even so, I am convinced that Disney doesn't really give a hoot if you come back or not.  If you don't ever come back there will be about 10 others to replace you and they know that. 

Back sometime ago, I used to receive a questionnaire asking how my trip went and if I had any "magical moments" to report, but they always asked in a way that you couldn't find a spot to make any comments or suggestions about anything that you were not specifically asked.  I haven't even received one of those in recent years, all they send out now is the surveys, that you are approached in the parks to answer when you get back home.  They even go so far as to tell you in those surveys that they are not interested in comments or suggestions.  Those surveys are for their use in determining demographics and nothing else.

The DW and I really love Disney and the fort, it's a one of a kind experience that you can't get anywhere else, but I don't suffer with any delusions that they worry one iota about losing us as a customer.  The place is too big and too unique, and they have a customer base to draw from that is never ending.  They used to have some of the best employees (CM's) of any organization I knew of, but in recent years that has begun to also slip.

Hate to sound so negative, but I have to call them like I see them, however having said all of the above we just renewed our AP's, so go figure.

I was surprised, but after our stay in November, we did receive an email with a link to an online survey.  Plus, there were plenty of opportunities to report negative aspects of the stay.  I haven't seen that before, and was impressed with the survey itself, pretty thorough.  I answered it honestly, stressing the good and the bad.  Now whether it has any bearing is another matter.