Golf Cart Charger Stolen in 600 Loop Last night

We'll be in about 4 sites all together in "hopefully" the 1700 loop. We'll mostly be hanging out in a big blue canopy tent with lots of laughter (and liquid fuel for the laughter)

Ok i'll be sure to take the golf cart over there and look for you guys. When do you get there? My family and I are hoping to be on 2 sites in the 800 loop.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many, many campgrounds have issues with weekend shenanigans.  Unlike Disney, a majority of those campgrounds patrol, take complaints seriously, and remove offending parties from the premises.  Disney

There is an override of the system that guests have figured out as well.  If you do it once, it wipes out the time constraints in your RFID on refillable mugs...essentially making them "forever mugs".

We always chain the charger to the cart.  Just not worth taking the chance for the few minutes it takes to put it on.   Especially when there's a pretty good market for chargers.

I would be surprised if you even got a response, but they may be in a good mood and send you a letter back apologizing.  Even so, I am convinced that Disney doesn't really give a hoot if you come back or not.  If you don't ever come back there will be about 10 others to replace you and they know that. 

Back sometime ago, I used to receive a questionnaire asking how my trip went and if I had any "magical moments" to report, but they always asked in a way that you couldn't find a spot to make any comments or suggestions about anything that you were not specifically asked.  I haven't even received one of those in recent years, all they send out now is the surveys, that you are approached in the parks to answer when you get back home.  They even go so far as to tell you in those surveys that they are not interested in comments or suggestions.  Those surveys are for their use in determining demographics and nothing else.

The DW and I really love Disney and the fort, it's a one of a kind experience that you can't get anywhere else, but I don't suffer with any delusions that they worry one iota about losing us as a customer.  The place is too big and too unique, and they have a customer base to draw from that is never ending.  They used to have some of the best employees (CM's) of any organization I knew of, but in recent years that has begun to also slip.

Hate to sound so negative, but I have to call them like I see them, however having said all of the above we just renewed our AP's, so go figure.

I totally agree with you. I'm usually the one one here saying if you don't pay, someone else will. That is the one huge thing Disney has lost in the past year is there approach to customer service in the complaint department. The GM of the fort should fight for his property and take complaints seriously. He most likely is a game player and if he had the opportunity to become a GM of a whole resort he plays the game well and follows corporate guidelines or whatever Disney calls their plan to fix complaints. I'm probably not going to write a letter but it felt good to say I was at the time. I will have fun with a survey this time around

I think their staff is hit and miss.  Seems like everywhere I went there were more awesome cm's with one ding dong. Almost like they have to throw an idiot in to be politically correct.  When we checked in, My husband, myself and baby were outside our bus checking in, when Jim went back to get something out, the door would not open. Something in the lock had broken and if you have ever seen a Prevost you will know there is no getting in from the outside. Leaving us stuck in the check in line with us outside and my Mom and Daughter stuck inside. During all this, the check in ladies held our baby, got me a chair, got a ladder, water, closed the lane so we would not tick anyone off ect...  they were so nice.                                                                                                                           When we first hooked up, we had no power.  Withing 30 minutes there was a crew there to help. And technically we were not supposed to be in our site yet.   My husband is not a good "Wait for the text kinda guy" we got the text saying our site was ready 5 1/2 hours after we were already in it.

When I had to go to the Customer Service counter because our bands would not work we got a very nice lady who took our bands looked at our keycards did something on the computer and said we were all set. Next day I was back because we still could do no charging with our bands or cards for some reason ( but we could get a snack on the DP) Boy the Park missed an opportunity that day! This time I got a very nice lady with a brain and took the time to make us new cards and whatever she did on the computer worked. Now we could open doors with our cards, charge with cards and bands ect...When I was waiting for her to finish there was a guy to my left with an British accent? Complaining that he had spent more of his vacation in the customer service lines then he did "enjoying what was supposed to be his 2 weeks of heaven" He was VERY loud and VERY upset, they brought out what I assume was the manager of the resort? and they took him in the back room.  They probably had him wacked.  I never saw him again.  

I went back the day after that to pick up a package for my Mom and the awesome lady came right over to me in line thinking things still we not working. She was so nice.

So, I still feel there are more awesome CM's then ding dongs.  

I totally agree with you. I'm usually the one one here saying if you don't pay, someone else will. That is the one huge thing Disney has lost in the past year is there approach to customer service in the complaint department. The GM of the fort should fight for his property and take complaints seriously. He most likely is a game player and if he had the opportunity to become a GM of a whole resort he plays the game well and follows corporate guidelines or whatever Disney calls their plan to fix complaints. I'm probably not going to write a letter but it felt good to say I was at the time. I will have fun with a survey this time around

We were in the 2000 loop the beginning of October for a long weekend. We had 2 large groups in the loop, and each one seemed to try to be ruder and louder then the other. You can see my entire rant in the trip reports. When we checked out I asked to speak with a manager. I explained calmly what we had encountered during our visit and how disappointed we were that these types of activities were allowed to occur at this "magical" place. They ended up comping us one of our days. It took about 3 weeks to get the letter with the info on how to claim out free night. It was nice to get the free night, but it would've been better to have had a peaceful and fun weekend instead of putting up with the assorted jackasses that populated the loop.

As a further note; I am in no way saying that a majority of the CM's are duds, I have had too many good experiences to say that.  What I am saying is that, the quality of the CM's has regressed, at least in my opinion.  For years the DW and myself used to talk all of the time about how every CM that we dealt with was so good.  I once asked the leader of a tour we were on, just how Disney managed to get such good people, telling him that I was in management with a large service organization and I knew how hard this was to accomplish.

I don't know why the quality of the people seems to have gone down, perhaps it was inevitable with such a large corporation and with, what I think, may be an indictment of the character of more and more people in our society as much as anything else.  I have had more bad incidents with CM's in the last 3 to 4 years than in all of my previous times at Disney.  This may very well be only one person's experience, but it is mine.

As a further note; I am in no way saying that a majority of the CM's are duds, I have had too many good experiences to say that.  What I am saying is that, the quality of the CM's has regressed, at least in my opinion.  For years the DW and myself used to talk all of the time about how every CM that we dealt with was so good.  I once asked the leader of a tour we were on, just how Disney managed to get such good people, telling him that I was in management with a large service organization and I knew how hard this was to accomplish.

I don't know why the quality of the people seems to have gone down, perhaps it was inevitable with such a large corporation and with, what I think, may be an indictment of the character of more and more people in our society as much as anything else.  I have had more bad incidents with CM's in the last 3 to 4 years than in all of my previous times at Disney.  This may very well be only one person's experience, but it is mine.

Several things have happened.  Locally, the allure of working for Disney has diminished.  As the area has grown, so have the opportunities for jobs at other places.  In addition, as labor contracts have evolved, it has become more difficult to "focus on" an individual employee without having to apply an equal level of enforcement on good employees who may slip up on a rare occasion.  Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it does make it more difficult to work on improving or removing an under-performing employee.  Also, the Traditions training they give new cast members now is MUCH shorter than in years past.  Finally, the legacy of Walt Disney himself has faded a bit, although I can see some evidence of it returning to some degree.  But as long as the shareholders keep demanding higher and higher profits every quarter, Walt's ideals become more difficult to maintain.  These ideals are summarized in this familiar quote, "I think by this time my staff, my young group of executives, and everyone else are convinced that Walt is right. The quality will out. And so I think they're going to stay with that policy because it's proved that it's a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them. Keep the place as clean as you can keep it. Keep it friendly, you know. Make it a real fun place to be. I think they're convinced and I think they'll hang on ... if ... as you say ... well, after Disney."

With all that said, I know of many cast members who place Walt's ideals at their highest priority, and look upon their jobs as much more than employment.  The company still cares for their cast members as was evident in the Cast Service Celebration a few weeks ago.  And many cast members at Fort Wilderness epitomize the Disney of the past, people like Josephine, the hostess at Trails End, and Ken a server at Trails End. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm probably guessing that 90% of the guests at the Fort don't notice the Shenanigans. We as a group tend to watch out for those things and report them here.

Oh you will have lots of Fort Fiend company the weekend you are there. A bunch of ladies also known as Wild Womenz Weekend (no kids, no husbands) are gathering that weekend at the Fort :)

Hmmm, note to self. Be sure to ask for that week off. Don't need another Snow White experience.

We met Tom at the BYBBQ many years ago and have seen him there almost every year since then.  He always looks us up (we're kinda hard to miss) and makes sure our family gets a good table, especially for the wheelchairs.  He then checks back frequently to see if we need anything, and to clean up whatever we are finished with.  One super CM.

Several things have happened.  Locally, the allure of working for Disney has diminished.  As the area has grown, so have the opportunities for jobs at other places.  In addition, as labor contracts have evolved, it has become more difficult to "focus on" an individual employee without having to apply an equal level of enforcement on good employees who may slip up on a rare occasion.  Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it does make it more difficult to work on improving or removing an under-performing employee.  Also, the Traditions training they give new cast members now is MUCH shorter than in years past.  Finally, the legacy of Walt Disney himself has faded a bit, although I can see some evidence of it returning to some degree.  But as long as the shareholders keep demanding higher and higher profits every quarter, Walt's ideals become more difficult to maintain.  These ideals are summarized in this familiar quote, "I think by this time my staff, my young group of executives, and everyone else are convinced that Walt is right. The quality will out. And so I think they're going to stay with that policy because it's proved that it's a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them. Keep the place as clean as you can keep it. Keep it friendly, you know. Make it a real fun place to be. I think they're convinced and I think they'll hang on ... if ... as you say ... well, after Disney."

With all that said, I know of many cast members who place Walt's ideals at their highest priority, and look upon their jobs as much more than employment.  The company still cares for their cast members as was evident in the Cast Service Celebration a few weeks ago.  And many cast members at Fort Wilderness epitomize the Disney of the past, people like Josephine, the hostess at Trails End, and Ken a server at Trails End. 

Good information, I think you have made some good points.

Also, the Traditions training they give new cast members now is MUCH shorter than in years past.  Finally, the legacy of Walt Disney himself has faded a bit, although I can see some evidence of it returning to some degree. 

I find it ironic that the "tradition"  of immersing new CMs in all that is Disney via the Traditions training is being shortened.  You would think that as the years between Walt running the company and the present grow longer you would want to increase this training so CMs would understand how the company got where it is.  Mind boggling.....

I find it ironic that the "tradition"  of immersing new CMs in all that is Disney via the Traditions training is being shortened.  You would think that as the years between Walt running the company and the present grow longer you would want to increase this training so CMs would understand how the company got where it is.  Mind boggling.....

I've done both the one and two day versions of Traditions 5 times over the last 17 years.

Traditions use to be two days long, but that was a long time ago, maybe 10 years.

The second day consisted of taking new CMs for a tour of MK. Then they would be picked up by someone from their location for basic indoctrination and fitting of costumes. So no big loss in training, but there is very little training during Traditions anyway. It's more of a orientation session regarding basic Disney stuff. It's a fun time with a lot of fluff.

The real training takes place at your work location and I've found it to be adequate for all the positions I've held.

Just had to chime in and agree.... we LOVE ken.  I can't imagine anyone more Disney than he.  Such a wonderful, sweet, happy man.

I would be surprised if you even got a response, but they may be in a good mood and send you a letter back apologizing.  Even so, I am convinced that Disney doesn't really give a hoot if you come back or not.  If you don't ever come back there will be about 10 others to replace you and they know that. 

This one I'd have to disagree with.  Maybe we've just been "lucky", but over the past 10 years I've written Disney 2 or 3 times to comment on some frustrating experiences; each time, I received a phone call.  On the flip side, I always try to submit positive comments as well...if they don't hear the good, not sure how long they will continue to respond to the bad. Anyway...we did get a response back on our complaints.

everywhere I went there were more awesome cm's with one ding dong.

So, I still feel there are more awesome CM's then ding dongs.  

Agreed

the legacy of Walt Disney himself has faded a bit, although I can see some evidence of it returning to some degree.

Glad you said a bit, and not lot. 

On a daily basis, I always see examples of CMs living up to Disney's original expectations.  

As for you seeing evidence of it returning, can you give us some examples? 

we LOVE ken.  I can't imagine anyone more Disney than he.  

Such a wonderful, sweet, happy man.

He is all that.

Ken has been at WDW forever. If he's your server, you will remember him.

Agreed

Glad you said a bit, and not lot. 

On a daily basis, I always see examples of CMs living up to Disney's original expectations.  

As for you seeing evidence of it returning, can you give us some examples? 

He is all that.

Ken has been at WDW forever. If he's your server, you will remember him.

I am starting to see a bit of a return in the quality of the new construction.  I am also starting to see some small evidence of differentiation between the stores again, although that is still small.  There is also a bit more emphasis on Walt's legacy, publicly to some degree, but also behind the scenes.  I don't know how much that will be followed through, but it is a start.  

I will say I think the new drink system in the hotel fast food restaurants is a GIANT step backwards.  Not because you can't re-use old refillable mugs, but because I think it is inexcusable to put a one hour time limit on being able to refill a soda if you purchase a soda without a refillable mug.  People are paying a lot of money for the food, and especially to stay in the hotel, and to limit the time a person can sit and relax at a meal without feeling rushed is pathetic.  Add to that when a child tries a type of soda, doesn't like it and dumps it, only to find out he's used up one of his refills PLUS he has to wait 5 minutes before getting something to drink.  Makes for a lot of unhappy parents.

Hopefully the smaller, subtle changes are an indication of a general change in direction, and the drink fiasco is a result of mindless beancounting.

Only time will tell.

drink fiasco is a result of mindless beancounting.

It may be, but my question is, are they Disney's bean counters or Coke's?

The machines are furnished by Coke, and if what I'm reading is accurate, the syrup is supplied for free to Disney. Disney pays for the cups. That's supposedly where Coke makes it's money, on the cups and not on the soft drinks.

I also know that Coke, like a lot of companies, has gotten into RFID technology in a big way. If I were supplying something for free that can be wasted. and that waste impacts my bottom line, I would certainly look into what Coke has done.

So I'm not convinced that the RapidRefill program was initiated by Disney.

I have nothing official to base this on, just my evaluation based on my prior career of optimizing efficiency and reducing waste in high output situations.

I have nothing official to base this on, just my evaluation based on my prior career of optimizing efficiency and reducing waste in high output situations.

Wow Lou, with fancy words like that on your resume you could apply for the FW/WL GM position.