Golf Cart Charger Stolen in 600 Loop Last night

Wow Lou, with fancy words like that on your resume you could apply for the FW/WL GM position.

Let's compare.

Like him, I have almost a 2 decade history at WDW.

I have a post secondary education in Hospitality.

I have worked in the front office at 4 WDW resorts.

I have lots of management experience, albeit in engineering.

And the most important qualification, I can screw things up as well as any manager at WDW.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many, many campgrounds have issues with weekend shenanigans.  Unlike Disney, a majority of those campgrounds patrol, take complaints seriously, and remove offending parties from the premises.  Disney

There is an override of the system that guests have figured out as well.  If you do it once, it wipes out the time constraints in your RFID on refillable mugs...essentially making them "forever mugs".

We always chain the charger to the cart.  Just not worth taking the chance for the few minutes it takes to put it on.   Especially when there's a pretty good market for chargers.

It may be, but my question is, are they Disney's bean counters or Coke's?

The machines are furnished by Coke, and if what I'm reading is accurate, the syrup is supplied for free to Disney. Disney pays for the cups. That's supposedly where Coke makes it's money, on the cups and not on the soft drinks.

I also know that Coke, like a lot of companies, has gotten into RFID technology in a big way. If I were supplying something for free that can be wasted. and that waste impacts my bottom line, I would certainly look into what Coke has done.

So I'm not convinced that the RapidRefill program was initiated by Disney.

I have nothing official to base this on, just my evaluation based on my prior career of optimizing efficiency and reducing waste in high output situations.

You may be on to somthing.

This one I'd have to disagree with.  Maybe we've just been "lucky", but over the past 10 years I've written Disney 2 or 3 times to comment on some frustrating experiences; each time, I received a phone call.  On the flip side, I always try to submit positive comments as well...if they don't hear the good, not sure how long they will continue to respond to the bad. Anyway...we did get a response back on our complaints.

We have had the same experience.  We have actually had Management CM's stop at the site to discuss the issue, we have also received phone calls as follow ups.

It may be, but my question is, are they Disney's bean counters or Coke's?

The machines are furnished by Coke, and if what I'm reading is accurate, the syrup is supplied for free to Disney. Disney pays for the cups. That's supposedly where Coke makes it's money, on the cups and not on the soft drinks.

I also know that Coke, like a lot of companies, has gotten into RFID technology in a big way. If I were supplying something for free that can be wasted. and that waste impacts my bottom line, I would certainly look into what Coke has done.

So I'm not convinced that the RapidRefill program was initiated by Disney.

I have nothing official to base this on, just my evaluation based on my prior career of optimizing efficiency and reducing waste in high output situations.

That's a possibility.  But I was told by people at the Grand Floridian that one of the reasons this was instituted was to get people in and out of the restaurants quickly.  I don't know coke's role in that.  Also, this was also a major change in the refillable cup program, so I'm not sure what Coke's role is in that either.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to control waste, especially when dealing with volumes as high as that encountered at Disney.  I don't mind the three refill limit on the non-reusable cups.  After the third refill, I've had enough anyway.  It is the one hour time limit that really gets me.  If it was something longer than people should stay, yet short enough to prevent people from bringing back the cups many times, such as 4 hours, I don't think it would bother me nearly as much.

However, to support your point, the hot cups for coffee and tea do not have the RFID chips.  Don't know if that is because the machines still don't handle them (but will) or if they don't plan on implementing this.  The cold drinks are supplied by Coke, the hot drinks are not.

I've seen a lot of complaining over this system.  I'm hoping that Disney tweaks the system in some manner to alleviate the complaints yet still achieve their goals.

I've seen a lot of complaining over this system.  I'm hoping that Disney tweaks the system in some manner to alleviate the complaints yet still achieve their goals.

I think CM's can override the system to address the issue of kids not using it correctly or selecting the wrong product.

I think CM's can override the system to address the issue of kids not using it correctly or selecting the wrong product.

There is an override of the system that guests have figured out as well.  If you do it once, it wipes out the time constraints in your RFID on refillable mugs...essentially making them "forever mugs". 

What you have to do is....place your mug under the Coca Cola spigot.  Once it starts dispensing, quickly move it to the Sprite spigot, count to 3 (not quickly...say one thousand between each number), then to Coke Zero, where you count to 5.  Then move your mug under the Barq's root beer spigot very briefly, not even a second, then over to Fanta Orange.  While the mug is underneath the Fanta spigot, you have to close your eyes and say three times "soda is bad for you....soda is bad for you...soda is bad for you".  Then dump your cup and get a glass of water. 

Not pertaining to this topic, but just in general, never, ever, believe what CMs tell you.

...says the bus driver

...Then dump your cup and get a glass of water. 

:rofl2:

ROFL  If post that on another board's forum, I would love to see their reaction.

I'd pay good money to see that.  :rofl3: