I'm just too cheap. I cant pay $109/nt for partial site

If anyone wants it there is a partial site showing available for Saturday 12/21. I got all the way to the last screen and just couldn't make myself spend that much for a partial site.  I guess it would be different if we couldn't just drive over for a day.  Oh and for giggles I checked on a cabin.  $541/nt.  I sure need a better job!  

I certainly don't like the high cost of sites at the Fort....and do my fair share of complaining about them....but I would pay it to bring my family back when the time is right.  The difference is, IMO, that I come from a long distance and plan my "once a year" vacation many months in advance.  When taking a week off work, driving hundreds or thousands of miles, and spending thousands of dollars, what's the difference between $70/night and $110/night?  (I know....$40/night or $280/week).  A lot of money but we'll suck it up and pay it for our week with the mouse.  BUT, for those of you that live closer and go for long weekends and/or go several times a year, it hurts more.  Spread that differential out over 5 or 6 trips in a year and it makes a big difference.  Also, when you can get to the Fort for a weekend and not have to plan at least a week around the trip, you can just shift your visits to less expensive times of the year.  For many of us who live further away, by the time we juggle kids' schedules, work schedules, weather considerations and other obligations, we can go when we can go.  It doesn't really matter what the site costs at that point.  

It's Christmas week at WDW, you own the Fort, what would you charge for that same site?

Good point.

As long as someone's willing to pay, the prices will not come down.

What I have noticed on the partial sites during holiday times is that the majority of sites now are occupied by people sharing sites, and pushing the 10 person per site rule. The family who wants an inexpensive camping trip has been priced out of the market and replaced with groups who share the space. Disney doesn't care- they are getting their money. But, it makes the experience much less enjoyable for the single family. Add the fact that they are paying an inflated rate on top of that, and I see fewer and fewer single families, and lots more obnoxious groups. Sad. But, as we have discussed many times, Disney is a for-profit company, and you can't fault them for raking it in however they can. The only way prices will come down is if people stop paying.

TCD

The difference is, IMO, that I come from a long distance and plan my "once a year" vacation many months in advance.  When taking a week off work, driving hundreds or thousands of miles, and spending thousands of dollars, what's the difference between $70/night and $110/night?  (I know....$40/night or $280/week).  A lot of money but we'll suck it up and pay it for our week with the mouse.  ...by the time we juggle kids' schedules, work schedules, weather considerations and other obligations, we can go when we can go.  It doesn't really matter what the site costs at that point.  

Same here.  We've had to adjust the budget in other areas as the cost of the site has gone up, and done more to make sure we can snag any discounts available, but as long as it's still our one big annual vacation, we'll make it work.

Also keep in mind that KOAs and other resort Campgrounds charge in the $70 for holiday rates and add extra fees if more then 2 adults and 2 children.

It is a tough price to swallow for those of us that are use to paying $15-30 a night at National parks.

Go to New Orleans around Madi Gras.  KOA is $82 for a tent or pop-up. Check Key West for Christmas, $93 for a full.  It's all about supply and demand, as TCD said when people quit paying it then maybe the rates will come down.  

I don't like spending more than I have to either, but in the 43 years we've been RV'ing I think I get the best bang for my buck at the FORT. JMHO

I hear the $109 rate is all the rage with those staying off property who want access to Magic Bands and FP+. All they have to do is book a night, and bam.... they have both for their entire vacation.

Someone needs to explain this to me.

What does having a MB get you?

$109 just so you can get FPs, really?

Well someone booked the site.  Good for them. I do understand it's just I can wait a couple of weeks and get the same site for 55.  So we will just drive over for the day and come home.  I was looking to see when the prices will change and found something strange. Surely it an error but take a look at the screen cap for rates for a partial site.

RatesPartial.png

That makes no sense to me but hay I'll never run a multi Billion dollar company either.  

Someone needs to explain this to me.

What does having a MB get you?

$109 just so you can get FPs, really?

The folks who do this stay off-site in a condo or house.

For the price of a campsite they get a parking pass (actually as many as they would like), FP+, MagicBands, and access to all of the EMH's. For 10. That's a pretty good package of amenities for less than $11 a person.

TCD

The folks who do this stay off-site in a condo or house.

For the price of a campsite they get a parking pass (actually as many as they would like), FP+, MagicBands, and access to all of the EMH's. For 10. That's a pretty good package of amenities for less than $11 a person.

TCD

I guess value is in the eye of the beholder.

Except for the parking pass, and only if I had a car, the rest would be worthless to me and my average family of 4, if I were an off property guest.

MBs, big deal, FPs same, EMH, never done one and probably never will.

Hmmm I could be misunderstanding this but we are at the Fort now for a week and AP's linked to our MB's. So after we check out we will still be able to use our magic bands for fastpass+ and emhs?

To me that kinda seems like a fail on Disney's ( I mean great for us if we just wanted to come up for the day) but you'd think they would deactivate the bands upon check out. If so that would make a throw away night useless.

We have 8 day non-expiration passes from UT. Our Fort reservation was for 4 nights. I linked the tickets to the Magic Bands we received ahead of time and I could make FP+ reservations for up to 8 days any time. I tried making them for Xmas week just to see and I could even though I had no reservation for that time.

After we left the Fort we stayed at the Dolphin for 3 nights and could still use the FP+ reservations I'd set up ahead of time on our MBs for those days. I'm wondering if I had cancelled the Fort reservation after I set everything up if I could still have used the FP+ reservations linked to the bands. It seems likely. Totally wrong but someone needs to fix all the loopholes if they want FP+ to be only for resort guests, and they also need to consider these type of problems. If they care.. Especially with a family of more than 4 it is very expensive to stay anywhere on site especially at holidays. Even $100+ for a site added to price to stay offsite is less than staying in a room on site. I'm not sure what the solution is.