I'm just too cheap. I cant pay $109/nt for partial site

Actually, eventually, anyone with a park ticket will be able to get a Magic Band to get FP+ for their park tickets, and as is that is part of the system, they didn't bother to turn it "off" for the test portion

I didn't realize that. I thought Magic Bands were always going to be for onsite guests. So eventually even if one has tickets from AAA or UT one will be able to get Magic Bands (pay for them? get them ahead of time?) and link them to their tickets even without an onsite reservation?  Why are people (ok, I sometimes read other boards) having a fit that people staying offsite will never have access to FP+?  

I didn't realize that. I thought Magic Bands were always going to be for onsite guests. So eventually even if one has tickets from AAA or UT one will be able to get Magic Bands (pay for them? get them ahead of time?) and link them to their tickets even without an onsite reservation?  Why are people (ok, I sometimes read other boards) having a fit that people staying offsite will never have access to FP+?

As has been repeated on this site many times, they are still just testing the Magic Bands.  What is going on now, is not necessarily what will go on in the future.

Disney has officially announced that at some point in the future all passholders will be issued Magic Bands- which they will be able to use with or without on-site reservations.

I don't recall seeing an official announcement that everyone who enters a park, even on a one day pass, will be issued a Magic Band.  But, they haven't officially announced a lot of details about what the program will look like in final form.

People are just jumping to conclusions about what the final policies will be.  I am not sure if Disney even knows at this point- they are testing things now, and probably will be tweaking and changing things many times before they release the final product.

The only thing I'm sure of is that the final product is going to include many components that will bring much new revenue to Disney.  Otherwise, what is the point of all of it?

TCD