To my knowledge, there aren't any Fiends that work at the Fort, but even if there were, why would it matter? Complain away. If you can't do it here, where can you do it?

Whatever it is, you probably won't be the first to do it.

We have a couple of bus driver Fiends and other Fiends certainly complain about the bus service, including me.

The asshole that thinks he's a cop is well, an asshole. He usually parks right at the intersection to Pioneer hall. We have been here 2 weeks and he is there nightly, waving his stupid glow light and making sure no one has pets on their cart. Some people just take their authority a little too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know how it works. The rules are great unless you don't feel they should be there, then you can ignore those ones and complain about people breaking the rules you feel should be in place. You know, like going the wrong way around a loop, or no pets beyond this point, or speed limits.

But seriously, those CMs are there to ensure the safety of everyone. After fireworks, there is allot of traffic that goes through that area. Foot traffic, GCs, busses, and vehicles. And everyone is tired from a long day in the park. So they coordinate all of the traffic.

And I for one am glad that they take the opportunity to ensure the rules are being followed. That is a huge complaint about the Fort and its refreshing to see that they are taking a step forward and doing some enforcing.

The reason I asked about what they were wearing is because the duty manager of the Fort is usually out there as well. His name is Doug.

Say hello to Doug. He reads these boards. As he does most FW related boards.

I say keep it up Doug, enforcing the rules is a okay in my book.

RVinMama

He usually parks right at the intersection to Pioneer hall.

We have been here 2 weeks and he is there nightly, waving his stupid glow light and making sure no one has pets on their cart.

Some people just take their authority a little too far.

I'm also unclear as to what exactly is the complaint?

Is it that he's there?

Is it that he's enforcing the no pets rule?

Is it his exuberance and attitude towards guests?

Or is it all of the above?

I think most regulars campers at the Fort would agree that some CMs at the Fort are Barney Fife-ish.

On the other hand, a major complaint is that they don't enforce some of the more important rules. 

Based on your description, it doesn't sound like it's Doug, one of the Duty Managers. IMO, he's one of the good guys?

If you feel that the CM in question is out of line, next time, get his name, and complain to Fort management.

All of the above!! This is our 6th year camping here and we have never come across this. Last year we pulled a trailer for my dads power wheel chair with no problems. This year we strapped our stroller to the back to tow "home" and were told "remember there is no towing behind your golf cart." I looked up the rules on disneys site and in the info packet to see if such a rule existed. Nope. So I called the front desk and talked to 3 people who confirmed that it was completely ok to tow behind our cart. Barney, as we call him, is just making up rules as he goes! You can't do that!!

The asshole that thinks he's a cop is well, an asshole. He usually parks right at the intersection to Pioneer hall. We have been here 2 weeks and he is there nightly, waving his stupid glow light and making sure no one has pets on their cart. Some people just take their authority a little too far.

Darn, I was hoping it was me... ;)

I wasn't there, and I'm not sure who the CM in question was, but I have certainly run across his type before.

For what it's worth, here's the official golf cart rules:

newfwgolfcartrulesp2001.jpg

There's nothing there that says you can't tow behind a golf cart. But, I think I have seen that restriction on the rules for the golf cart parades.

I once got reprimanded by one of the IR's (Idiot Rangers) because I had a beer in my hand while riding as a passenger on the back of a golf cart. There is no rule against that.

The problem is that the IM's (Idiot Managers) send the IR's out to do something, and the IR's feel compelled to harass guests by reminding them of rules that don't exist.

In the meantime, elsewhere in the Fort, there will be kids driving around on golf carts and riding bikes around in the dark without lights or helmets, and nobody does a thing. The IR's are too busy waving their light sticks and harassing all the guests down at the Settlement.

TCD

Lou,

I only asked if it was Doug because, when I lived there, I saw him out there all of the time.

And for the OP.

Maybe you should have led in with the rule making up thing. Your original comment was that they were telling guests they cant take pets through there, which is an actual rule. That does make a difference. But either way, IMO, calling one an asshole for something petty like that is a bit harsh.

You have been to the Fort a few times, so you should know by now that if you want a specific answer, call the front desk and keep calling until you get the one you want. Because you can ask the same question to 5 CMs at the front desk and get 5 different answers.

In any case, safety is paramount at Disney and CMs are trained to watch for unsafe acts and correct them. For example, there is no rule written about not climbing on the fences or walls around the parks, but it is very unsafe and could cause injury. So CMs will ask that kids not climb on the rocks. Maybe this CM felt that tying a stroller to the back of a vehicle and driving around is unsafe.

Was he rude? Did he jump in front of your GC? Did he taser you? Or did he simply say, "Remember, there is no towing behind your golf cart."?

You seem very worked up over. So may I suggest you call and speak to the duty manager and let them know how you feel. Its only way you will get resolve.

I only asked if it was Doug because, when I lived there, I saw him out there all of the time.

That is probably the most active spot at the Fort because you'll find GCs, cars, RVs, and pedestrians all at the same time on a regular basis, so I would expect to find  management there.

I have seen and spoken to Doug there a few times, but during those times, he was there in a managerial capacity making sure things were under control.

I'm sure he picks up the light sticks and directs traffic when it's needed.

The second time, my husband and I were crossing the street to the 700 loop.  He shouted that he had not given us permission to cross.  He was joking, of course.

See- that's the kind of stuff that annoys me. There are occasions when having someone there to direct traffic is helpful, but most of the time it isn't necessary, and the guys just make matters worse.

The Fort existed for almost 40 years without these IR's. It would be fine without them and their stupid light sticks.

TCD

The CMs at the entrance to the marina area are beneficial for about 15 min after the fireworks. All other times they hinder more than help.  

We had a guest with us a couple of trips ago that was told he could not walk to the comfort station with a beer.  That drinking was not allowed off your campsite. I had never heard that one before.  What about the drinks they sell at Crockett's at the walk up window?  

First, I remember that at one time they gave out a brochure showing the acceptable and unacceptable personal carts allowed. One of the drawings depicted a cart towing a trailer of some sort as being unacceptable. I remember at the time wondering why that would be the problem, because most cart trailers I had seen were well built.

As far as the alcohol thing, either Florida or Orange County has an open container law. I found this out when I started to walk out of Epcot with a frozen margarita from Mexico and was told I would either have to finish it or throw it away. So I opted for the brain freeze. The same would probably apply to consuming alcohol at your campsite verses walking around drinking one. As far as Crockett's goes, most laws have an exemption for to go drinks. I know in my area you can go and get a frozen daiquiri at a drive through and you are ok as long as you leave the lid on and don't put the straw in.

I know in my area you can go and get a frozen daiquiri at a drive through and you are ok as long as you leave the lid on and don't put the straw in.

Alcoholic drinks at a drive through? Are you serious?

The anti-drunk driving groups in Pa. would have a stroke if someone tried that here.