• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My name is Jose Mola.     You killed my father.  Prepare to snicker.  

You never know he may try hard and do a good job.

It's called survival of the fittest.  If he can't outrun a panther, how the heck is he going to deal with a Fiend GG?

Great question Mr. Lou, you surprise me sometimes

I agree, the answer to the Cabin question shows a total ignorance of camping, or what camping is about.

What do you mean, Mr Lou?  You quoted me.

He was still in a daze after his nap. Old people have that problem you know.. :rofl3:

We all know Doug read this board. Do we think Mr Uppity will venture on here?

No.  He won't care about us lowly campers think.  He is going to spend all his time at the Lodge and we will be stuck with that site manager.

We may be better off if he does focus on WL and ignores us. We can start a vigilante squad and enforce the rules ourselves. A mini revolution. I like it.

Well, coming from the GF we can expect site prices to rise.

Tent sites will be $167.00 a night...any site. Surcharge of $30.00 a night for each tent over 1.

Full sites will be $234.00 a night for a Road View. $247.00 a night for easy comfort station access. $277.00 with a canal view and $297.00 for a wilderness view.  There will be no extra charge for Bus stop views.  Rates are for 1 RV. Tent surcharge applies for each tent used in addition to RV. 

Preferred sites are $25.00 more a night in each category above.

Premium sites are an additional $50.00 above the Preferred rates in each category above.

Sites in the 900 loop directly behind the lift station will receive a $25.00 nightly discount when the wind is blowing from the east and no fires or outdoor cooking will be allowed during this period. 

Joseph, I translated his name into English, as this is America and I'm all for assimilation, was not the GM at the GF. He was only the Rooms Manger, and so has zero experience being a GM. Isn't that special. So Joey, I just gave him that nickname, will be learning on the job. I'm sure he'll be touring the Fort in his GMmobile and will permit the little people to speak with him.

You never know he may try hard 

this could be the biggest problem, it seems when Disney moves people around they want to put their stamp on things and change things just to change them. This could be a good thing or this could be a very very bad thing when it comes from someone who has no camping experience, my biggest fear is that he will be more worried about "classing up" the place and catering to the cabin business.

this could be the biggest problem, it seems when Disney moves people around the want to put their stamp on things and change things just to change them. This could be a good thing or this could be a very very bad thing when it comes from someone who has no camping experience, my biggest fear is that he will be more worried about "classing up" the place and catering to the cabin business.

That, sometimes may sound like a cliche, however, I come out of front line management with a large organization and over a 40 year career I have seen this happen time after time.  Every time a new, upper level manager comes in, he/she would change something, and when they would leave the new replacement would do the same.  Many times a new manager would change things back to the way they originally were.  Rarely did I see a change that actually helped anything, most of the time the best you could hope for was that the change would be neutral, no better, no worse.

Can someone tell me what a Rooms Manager does?  Sounds like he supervised the cleaning crew to me.

Can someone tell me what a Rooms Manager does?  Sounds like he supervised the cleaning crew to me.

On the flier, it says that his former role was "Operations manager, room operations". I did a search on that job title and nothing came up. I think they worded it that way on the flier because it sounded more impressive than "Executive Housekeeper".

That title does come up for all the resorts, including the Fort.

It's actually an important position that reports directly to the GM. The Fort's Exec. Housekeeper is Sam Gates. He has the most authority of any manager at the Fort. Duty Managers, Rangers, and Housekeepers, report to him. He's responsible for anything to do with the sites.

My sources tell me that Jose has already made his first move.  This excerpt was taken from the unofficial Fort e-newsletter "Ears, Beers and Blackwater Fears".  

The 600 loop is going to be converted to Concierge Level, and the Meadow Trading Post is being converted into an exclusive Concierge Lounge.  Those staying in 600 will be entitled to lounge access, where a light continental breakfast, afternoon snacks, and nightly desserts will be available for no additional charge.  Also, on select evenings, Chef presentations of "Wilderness inspired" appetizers will be provided.  Alcoholic beverages will be complimentary during these presentations.  Concierge sites start at $460/night.

Also, on select evenings, Chef presentations of "Wilderness inspired" appetizers will be provided....... 

Road kill and fish found floating in Bay Lake during the week.

Fridays will be roast Bambi from the deer that get hit by the service trucks.

Saturdays will be grilled gator tail

Sundays will be goulash made up of all leftovers.

Also, on select evenings, Chef presentations of "Wilderness inspired" appetizers will be provided.......

Road kill and fish found floating in Bay Lake during the week.

Fridays will be roast Bambi from the deer that get hit by the service trucks.

Saturdays will be grilled gator tail

Sundays will be goulash made up of all leftovers.

Still sounds better than Trails End Pizza