• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My name is Jose Mola.     You killed my father.  Prepare to snicker.  

You never know he may try hard and do a good job.

It's called survival of the fittest.  If he can't outrun a panther, how the heck is he going to deal with a Fiend GG?

. The Fort's Exec. Housekeeper is Sam Gates. He has the most authority of any manager at the Fort. Duty Managers, Rangers, and Housekeepers, report to him. He's responsible for anything to do with the sites.

And his Customer Service skills need improvement.

I will tell you why I changed it if you ask me in person.

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma

Sounds like a great idea!  Jose should have to come on here and put every decision to a vote of the Fiends.  

In addition to the grilling by the panel, there will be an actual grilling challenge where he will be given a bag of charcoal, matches, a cooler full of meat and a spatula.

Then he will be given 4 recipes for Kungaloosh, with only one being the correct one.  He will have to identify the correct recipe, make a double batch and then submit it to the Fiends for thorough testing.

Next comes the golf cart speed test, where he will have to get that spiffy new speed sign to flash in order to pass to the next round.

He will then be required to put up 3 tents and 4 EZups on a premium site.

And for his final exam, he will be blindfolded and left in the middle of River Country with only a flashlight and a compass and have to find his way out.

Just got back from the Fort and Jose Joey was there. I stopped by Aaron's site and the entrance to the loop was closed off with cones and a CM directing cars to go in through the exit.

Aaron pointed that Joey was there to handle the problem that resulted in no water for the entire loop, including the CS. Joey was riding around in a GMmobile looking very managerial.

I found out two things about Joey. He does not appear to speak with an accent, that's always a good thing, and he works on weekends. Welcome to the world of camping. He's going to hate you guys after this.

Just got back from the Fort and Jose Joey was there. I stopped by Aaron's site and the entrance to the loop was closed off with cones and a CM directing cars to go in through the exit.

Aaron pointed that Joey was there to handle the problem that resulted in no water for the entire loop, including the CS. Joey was riding around in a GMmobile looking very managerial.

I found out two things about Joey. He does not appear to speak with an accent, that's always a good thing, and he works on weekends. Welcome to the world of camping. He's going to hate you guys after this.

They were doing the whole water thing two weeks ago in the 2000 loop then too.  Hope it's fixed!

Question from a relative newbie...  I got on this website a year ago to help plan our first trip to the Fort.  I am back on now as we are thinking about going again.  My general sense was that people were very positive to the Fort a year ago (unless I totally missed something).  Has that changed over the past year or so?  If so, why?  Seems like (from reading this post at least) the group is very negative now.  Just curious.

Whatever negativity is on this thread also existed with the former GM, I don't think there will be a significant change.

Whether the prevailing view was positive or negative a year ago, IMO, it hasn't changed.

If your priority is to camp, it's a toss up as to whether the higher site fees are worth it. If you're using it as accommodations while mainly doing the parks, it's a comparatively inexpensive, and convenient way to do it.

If I wanted an immersive, complete, WDW experience, and was a camper, I wouldn't hesitate for minute, regardless of the site rate.

Question from a relative newbie...  I got on this website a year ago to help plan our first trip to the Fort.  I am back on now as we are thinking about going again.  My general sense was that people were very positive to the Fort a year ago (unless I totally missed something).  Has that changed over the past year or so?  If so, why?  Seems like (from reading this post at least) the group is very negative now.  Just curious.

Well I am a naturally positive person.  Never have a negative word to say.  But the rest of these people around here are Debbie Downers.  

From Doug's updated linkedin.    It appears he is still with Disney.

Current Past

see less

Education
  • Cornell University
  • University of California, Santa Barbara