Tips & tricks for WDW in the rain!!

Hey Fiends!  I'm not freaking out or anything (I promise! :laugh: ) but the forecast for our park days isn't looking so hot at this point.

Having spent every Christmas in Fla for the last 13 years, I'm well aware at how unpredictable, and quickly the weather changes there.

HOWEVER...

Just in case we need to deal with an extended period of rain- 

What are your WDW in the Rain strategies?  All help, advice, experience & tips appreciated.  :heartsmiley:

My other advice is to enjoy it anyway. It's not ideal, but you can still have a lot of fun.

Agreed.

And gone are the days when you can count on a park emptying out because of a rain shower. It just doesn't happen anymore. Guests suit up and keep going.

Now really cold nights- those are good for clearing out parks. But, hopefully, your trip won't include any bitter cold nights.

TCD

Let it rain!!!

Ponchos! We don't need no stinkin ponchos!!!

We are strange but we've grown to like/enjoy rain days. We usually don't go to the magic kingdom on rains days instead we head over to one of the other parks. We've found so many great places to duck into, order a beer and/or a snack. And then off to the next spot and repeat. Have fun with it. Don't let it get you down.

When life gives you lemons make a lemon daiquiri.

We also bought really nice rain gear at Academy Sports. They fold into a really small package, more comfortable than the cheap ponchos. And are inexpensive.

Have fun.

We've found so many great places to duck into, order a beer and/or a snack. And then off to the next spot and repeat. Have fun with it. Don't let it get you down.

When life gives you lemons make a lemon daiquiri.

I'm a fan of these sentiments!!!  :wine:

In the winter months, I much prefer a rain suit to a poncho, provides that extra layer if the wind picks up or the temps drop a bit, and you can SIT DOWN without choking yourself because you have to pull the poncho down to cover your butt.

Now the summer time is a different story. I bring several of the disposable ponchos, and wear them when necessary, ditch them when done.

A liberal coating and you should be good to go all day and night!

May be a little rough getting changed..... :rofl3: 

0085564700311_180X180.jpg

A Watertight, Flexible Rubberized Coating!

Flex Seal®, in Original, Brite, and Clear sprays out a liquid that seeps into cracks and holes, and dries to a watertight, flexible rubberized coating! Flex Seal®, Flex Seal® Brite, and Flex Seal® Clear seal out water and last for years! Once dry, Flex Seal®, Flex Seal® Brite, and Flex Seal® Clear can be painted any color!

A liberal coating and you should be good to go all day and night!

May be a little rough getting changed..... :rofl3: 

0085564700311_180X180.jpg

A Watertight, Flexible Rubberized Coating!

Flex Seal®, in Original, Brite, and Clear sprays out a liquid that seeps into cracks and holes, and dries to a watertight, flexible rubberized coating! Flex Seal®, Flex Seal® Brite, and Flex Seal® Clear seal out water and last for years! Once dry, Flex Seal®, Flex Seal® Brite, and Flex Seal® Clear can be painted any color!

:jumpforjoy  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl3:  :rofl3:

OK, you made me snort Mt. Dew on that one!!!!!!!!

but the forecast for our park days isn't looking so hot at this point.

Forecasts for specific days are not credible. I would pay zero attention to them.

Like most places, it might rain, so ponchos or rain suits should be part of what you bring no matter what time of the year you come to WDW.

There's a ride at MK that's indoors and you ride in a boat and it's like you're traveling to a bunch of different countries and everyone is singing the same song. If you're lucky the ride will stop for a long while and you'll be dry and out of the rain for a long time.

And more seriously, I am also in favor of a good, breathable rain jacket that folds into a pouch for storage rather than a poncho. I like to wear a baseball cap with the rain hood over it because it keeps the rain out of my eyes. Shorts are better than long pants unless it's cold and waterproof shoes or light sneakers are best. And then just tour as usual. So many things are indoors or covered you can do a lot anyway.. As the rain isstopping go to the outdoor rides that were closed and be first in line.

All good points. 

We keep rain panchos packed in my dayback every time we hit the parks. Even if it doesn't look like rain we end up using them to sit on, use for a windbreaker when DW forgets to bring a jacket, etc, etc.  I try to wear breathable / quick dry shirts. Same with shoes.   I don't remember a visit to Disney that didn't include some showers at some point in our trip, but hey....it's Florida, it rains.  No worries.

We've found so many great places to duck into, order a beer and/or a snack. And then off to the next spot and repeat. Have fun with it. Don't let it get you down.

When life gives you lemons make a lemon .

Im finding that Ray and I have a lot in common. Must be a SCUBA thing. PADI COURSE director here, taught for about 15 years off and on. Get wet, then have a drunk!