Favorite restaurant in Daytona?

I may or may not (I'll never tell!) be spending a night in Daytona in the near future.  I am looking for a dinner spot, not too expensive. 

Good drinks - a plus. 

Good food  - a must. 

Atmosphere - cool or funky or unusual or very beachy.  Someplace fun.  Oh, and if it has a view of the beach, that would be very nice.  I glimpsed the beach from the train going to WWW 2013, but other than that haven't seen the ocean since 2010.

I figure there are fiends who live and/or travel in FLAUSA frequently, so maybe one of you has a favorite, must not be missed spot in Daytona.

We enjoy DJ's Deck on the south end of Daytona. It's on the inter coastal waterway but right on the water.

If you hop on A1 headed towards New Smyrna Beach there is Blackbeards, the food is fantastic and the cinnamon rolls in the bottom of the biscuit bucket don't suck :)

There's a place called The Ocean Deck right on the ocean near the main street pier...more of a bar than a restaurant but they do have good food.Very much a local hang out. On the main land side there is Caribian Jacks on Balou road,sit right on the river.

I live in Daytona..if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you want to actually see the beach, I would suggest lunch or afternoon appetizers at one of the ocean front places.  You said near future, and the days are still pretty short.  Typically dark at dinner time.

If you cannot make it to DB by dinner, perhaps you could make a pit stop in Fernandina Beach or St. Augustine, grab a nice meal or have a picnic on one of those beaches, then carry on to your destination for the night?  Then you'd still get to see the ocean and stay on track with your itinerary.

Of course, that kills the drinks portion of it, but you could always go for cocktails near your hotel later?

We enjoy DJ's Deck on the south end of Daytona. It's on the inter coastal waterway but right on the water.

If you hop on A1 headed towards New Smyrna Beach there is Blackbeards, the food is fantastic and the cinnamon rolls in the bottom of the biscuit bucket don't suck :)

Thanks!  I will add those to the list of possibles!

There's a place called The Ocean Deck right on the ocean near the main street pier...more of a bar than a restaurant but they do have good food.Very much a local hang out. On the main land side there is Caribian Jacks on Balou road,sit right on the river.

I live in Daytona..if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Tim

So, if say, 4 Wild Womenz needed bailing out in Daytona, could we maybe call you?

Well, if you want to actually see the beach, I would suggest lunch or afternoon appetizers at one of the ocean front places.  You said near future, and the days are still pretty short.  Typically dark at dinner time.

If you cannot make it to DB by dinner, perhaps you could make a pit stop in Fernandina Beach or St. Augustine, grab a nice meal or have a picnic on one of those beaches, then carry on to your destination for the night?  Then you'd still get to see the ocean and stay on track with your itinerary.

Of course, that kills the drinks portion of it, but you could always go for cocktails near your hotel later?

I like the lunch idea, but Loretta, Kim, and I will be driving like, well, let's say Wild Womenz out of Carolina, since this is a family board, toward Daytona to meet up with Nicki for dinner, drinks, and general tomfoolery before heading to Wild Womenz Weekend the next day.  I will probably get up early the next morning to get a good dose of beach time before we head out.