That form you posted is a "Release and Indemnity Agreement" and is the same as the one currently online.

I also found what Disney calls requirements for pets, and not rules. See below.

Requirements for pets:

• $5 fee per day charged for pets to stay at a site. 
  • Maximum of four dogs per site
  • Owners must have proof of the following vaccinations:
    • Rabies
    • D.H.P. (Distemper, Hepatitis, Para influenza)
    • Parvovirus
  • Pets must be on a 8' long, max, leash at all times
  • Pets are restricted to their pet loop except when being walked (on leash) to the dog park.
  • Pets cannot be unattended in RVs unless adequate climate control is provided
  • Pets may not be unattended if other guests are disturbed (Example: barking or whining)
  • Pets are not permitted in tents or pop-up campers.
  • Pets must be walked on designated pet path.
  • Pet owners must clean-up after their pet.
  • Pets are not allowed on golf carts unless being transported to the dog park.
  • Pet owners not following these policies must kennel their pet.

Are these "requirements" on a document of some type?

There are additional requirements that are not on the indemnity agreement- such as the 11th bullet point about golf carts.

These are the only rules on the indemnity agreement that I posted- are you saying that this is the form that is still given to guests to sign?   How are the other requirements communicated?:

PetAgreementzoom.jpg

TCD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen a few reports over the years of people reporting dogs in non-pet loops where the people with the dog were actually asked to board the dog or move.  I can't substantiate the reports but they

So true and so, so sad.  I bet Mr. Disney is turning over in his grave...from all I've read and watched on him, he was a man who yes, wanted to make a buck (a lot of them) but he valued people.     Wh

Here's some food for thought. . .   Do you know how many pet-friendly campsites there are at the Fort vs. non-pet sites?   I just counted them up.   483 of the 799 campsites are on pet-friendly loops.

I couldn't find the "pet requirements" in document form. It's just posted as general info.

That is the only version of the "Release and Indemnity Agreement" that I could find, and I don't know if it's given out at check-in as I never stay at the Fort.

Maybe someone that has stayed their recently might weigh in.

OK, Here is a question I have regarding pets.....

Say I'm staying n the 900 loop with Niko.  How do I get to the dog park?  Both ends of Big Pine Drive have "No Pets Beyond This Point" signs.

Cut through the 500 Loop?  Well, to do thay I have to walk past the Comfort Station which has "No Pets Beyond This Point" signs.

So, what am I missing?

OK, Here is a question I have regarding pets.....

Say I'm staying n the 900 loop with Niko.  How do I get to the dog park?  Both ends of Big Pine Drive have "No Pets Beyond This Point" signs.

Cut through the 500 Loop?  Well, to do thay I have to walk past the Comfort Station which has "No Pets Beyond This Point" signs.

So, what am I missing?

You are missing the little paw-print signs that show you the way.

This very topic was discussed in this thread: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11047-getting-to-the-dog-park/

There are signs like this across from the 900 loop (photo credit to Todd/Discamper) :

DSC_0452_zps7d52914c.jpg

DSC_0213_zps062b849e.jpg

Those signs do, indeed, lead to the sidewalk behind the 400/500 loop comfort station.

You're supposed to walk your dog past that (where you will be about 2' from the entrance to the women's room) and down the narrow sidewalk, and around the loop and out to the dog park.  Like this:

900todogpark_zpsec958b33.jpg

Dumb.

But that's not the dumbest route to the dog park from a pet loop.

TCD

TCD, Thanks!!

The downside to that rout is that Niko loves to ride on a golf cart.  I was hoping there was a way to drive there....

Well, a moot point for me a guess as we are among the few that like the 1900 loop ???

"Pets that interfere with the quality of the Guest experience at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort &  Campground in any way will result in the pet owner being required to stop the pet's inappropriate behavior, remove the pet to an off-site kennel, or leave the Resort."

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Apparently they hired a comedian to write this as this almost NEVER happens.

But I suppose as in all things "The Rules of Disney," they have this to point to should anyone in management ever get up the gumption to actually enforce the rules.

Just found these rules in the new handout. eza3y3eh.jpg

Sorry to call you out on this Dave, but I posted this 9 days ago on this very thread:

There's a problem with the argument that you are both making.

There are no written rules about pet loops.

You assume that a guest with a pet on a non-designated pet loop snuck the pet in.

That's not a valid assumption.

I arrived at the Fort once with my dog, who was then still a puppy. I hadn't planned on bringing him, but because of some events that occurred, my plans changed. I had reserved a partial hook-up site, and expected that I would be required to upgrade to a full hookup or higher level site on a pet loop. There was no sneaking. Rocky was licking the CM on the face. The CM just had me sign the pet agreement, and sent me on my way to the 1500 loop. I was given permission to camp on the 1500 loop with a dog. I'm sure some people with dogs on non-pet loops snuck them in, but I'd bet most of them didn't.

There are no written rules on the Disney website to guide guests about what's permitted. There used to be, but they've been missing for a while.

The only written rules that guests currently receive are in the booklet provided at check-in. This is what is said there:

92913652_zpsb4d7e92c.jpg

That's it.

Read that carefully.

According to that, dogs can't be tethered outside. On any length of chain.

They can't be kept in a fenced in area like I always see guests doing.

If they're outside the camper, they have to be on a leash that cannot exceed 6' in length.

Do you know how many times I've seen that rule violated.

Hundreds is no exaggeration.

Keep reading.

If a pet interferes with the quality of a guest's experience in any way, the pet owner must make it stop, or remove the pet, or leave. So, if I have a child who is deathly afraid of dogs, and I end up on a pet loop, and the camper next door has a dog which just by being there interferes with the quality of my child's experience, that guy has to move? That's what the rule says. How likely is that to happen?

I agree that the way it should be is that there are pet loops and there are not pet loops. Guests can reserve what they want, and if what they want is not available, then it's not available. What's so hard about that Disney?

But, to be clear, it is not that way now, and someone with a fear of dogs has no assurance that there won't be one or more right next door, whether they think they've reserved a pet loop or not.

As Disneycamper said earlier in this thread-all loops are pet loops. That's just the way it is.

Just more incompetent management.

What else is new?

TCD

• 1 month later...

Ok just came back from the Ft. Of course I requested a non pet loop and of course their were dogs in the loop. One next to us who barked all the time. Then a family was playing in the road with their kids and a yellow lab"playing" with them, unleashed. They acted like they were in their own back yard. Just before I went to call the front desk they went in for dinner. I have a suggestion I made to the fort. When you check in, they should put put a big Pluto on that parking pass. Then when (and if) security decides to start enforcing the no pet loops, then can clearly see who did or didn't sneak their pet in. Simple.

I have always obeyed Disney's pet rules to the letter. They aren't really all that hard to follow. I have been annoyed when I see some who think their furry angels are the exception, but it is up to Disney to enforce their rules, not me. That being said, I have found the Brazilians a bigger pain in the ass than even the most annoying dog. They should be banned, or at least muzzled and leashed.

Don't get me started on line jumpers or those who feel soap is an option while on vacation in Florida.

I have always obeyed Disney's pet rules to the letter. They aren't really all that hard to follow. I have been annoyed when I see some who think their furry angels are the exception, but it is up to Disney to enforce their rules, not me.

Ditto.

Sorry you're having to deal with people that think "since we're the only ones on the planet, the rules don't apply to us" 

I have posted before all loops are PET loops there is no non pet loops anymore

That may be what you observed, but according to management, there are non-pet loops.  This is a screen cap I just took from the official Disney Site:

fwreservationscreencap_zpse4e59dae.jpg

That clearly states that pets are only allowed on certain sites. 

Also, there are no poop bag dispensers on the non-pet loops.

TCD

I was at the front desk for a different reason when I decided to ask a CM about the pet loops. He ran down the list, as if he memorized it,of the non pet loops and pet loops. So yes there are non pet loops I too obey the Ft's rules. I believe that people think just because they spend x amount of dollars, they are entitled to do whatever they want. I wonder what is going to happen if God forbids, a dog attacks another dog or for that matter a person

Rules at Disney ?   ha ha ..... thats funny. Every year there are more and more "special" people who dont think the rules apply to them. After 15 days at the Fort I am convinced that its getting worse. Disney posts rules but wont/cant enforce them.

We saw:

dogs in tents and pop ups

dogs off leash (often)

dogs that bark constantly (thankfully far enough away from us)

2 and 3 cars parked on sites, most often on the grass.

14 people on one site (next to us for a week)

children driving golf carts (Disney and private)

Tent cities in the 1700 loop

people trying to get on the bus before we have exited

I dont think any of this is exclusive to Disney. I think it has more to do with a general breakdown of social skills in America.