Leaked River Country DVC Plans

Very interesting stuff TCD.

Somewhere there is an architect letting some information out to the public. 

Unless you've seen something that says otherwise it looks like all the plans were done in 2011?  That means they've been sitting for quite a while with no updates. 

They also haven't moved forward with all the other phases of the project.

There was:

Moving the TCD Barn Project # 2011-2A (just had a new roof put on the old barn)

Moving the BBQ Pavilion and golf cart parking - Project # 2011-2B

Wilderness Way Improvements Project # 2011-2C

For the record River Country DVC is Project # 2011-2

Grand Floridian DVC was Project #2011-1, they by passed River Country DVC in favor of the Poly DVC.  That makes sense though it was probably easier.

If they ever decide to move forward, they have a lot of construction ahead of them and still some permitting to do.  It's going to be years until its all complete. 

Could you imagine if they did all the construction at once?  

They would have major construction all around the Fort. 

That would kind of ruin the peaceful wilderness setting for sure.

WBI

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a related aside... I'm going to venture a guess that this thread is going to generate a lot of first time visitors to Fort Fiends so...   WELCOME!   If you haven't already created a user name/login

Maybe they'll conduct a training burn on Jacob's Cabin after the bat house is finished?

Suddenly I am seeing a new tour offered by Disney World.

With all these plans you dug up, I really think this will be ago as soon as the poly DVC project is complete. But just telling my wife about this I agree with her that this resort will be on lockdown just like BLT. So I would think having access to more quick service or restaraunts will be out of the picture. I'm sure it will even be locked down more since the fort knows that local freeloaders enter the fort and if DVC members complained about locals it would b a huge to do

Very interesting stuff TCD.

Somewhere there is an architect (at GSB?) letting some information out to the public. 

Unless you've seen something that says otherwise it looks like all the plans were done in 2011?  That means they've been sitting for quite a while with no updates. 

They also haven't moved forward with all the other phases of the project.

There was:

Moving the TCD Barn Project # 2011-2A (just had a new roof put on the old barn)

Moving the BBQ Pavilion and golf cart parking - Project # 2011-2B

Wilderness Way Improvements Project # 2011-2C

For the record River Country DVC is Project # 2011-2

Grand Floridian DVC was Project #2011-1, they by passed River Country DVC in favor of the Poly DVC.  That makes sense though it was probably easier.

If they ever decide to move forward, they have a lot of construction ahead of them and still some permitting to do.  It's going to be years until its all complete. 

Could you imagine if they did all the construction at once?  

They would have major construction all around the Fort. 

That would kind of ruin the peaceful wilderness setting for sure.

WBI

No doubt if this ever moves forward, there will be perpetual major construction going on all around the Fort for years.

The DVC site that swiped the information from here made a good point about how there are two phases shown on the plans.

The first phase includes the River Pool and the major buildings.  That would likely be built first, and would keep the actual construction away from the Fort a bit.

After they build phase one and get most of it sold, it's likely that phase two would then break ground.

I would say we're talking about four or five years from start to finish.

TCD

No doubt if this ever moves forward, there will be perpetual major construction going on all around the Fort for years.

The DVC site that swiped the information from here made a good point about how there are two phases shown on the plans.

The first phase includes the River Pool and the major buildings.  That would likely be built first, and would keep the actual construction away from the Fort a bit.

After they build phase one and get most of it sold, it's likely that phase two would then break ground.

I would say we're talking about four or five years from start to finish.

TCD

That's just the building, before they start the building they'll have to build the new BBQ pavilion, part of it will cause major problems getting to the boats and golf cart parking. 

Then they have to build the new TCD Ranch up front at the Outpost, that shouldn't effect the public except for noise.

Then they demo everything.

Then they can start construction on the building and wilderness way.

I think its going to be a couple years before they start and then like you said four to five to do everything.

WBI

Looking at that huge parking lot still makes me sad. Someone mentioned earlier that Disney is good at screening, but at all the resorts the lots are near the front entrance. Unfortunately here, the front entrance is at odds with the existing fortscape (look, a new word) around Pioneer Hall.

Maybe the barrels will return.

I didn't look too closely, is the River Country wagon coming back?

Looking at that huge parking lot still makes me sad. Someone mentioned earlier that Disney is good at screening, but at all the resorts the lots are near the front entrance. Unfortunately here, the front entrance is at odds with the existing fortscape (look, a new word) around Pioneer Hall.

Maybe the barrels will return.

I didn't look too closely, is the River Country wagon coming back?

I've been looking for the wagon on the plans, but haven't found it yet.

I wonder if it's going to be inside the Grand Lodge building?

TCD

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that the new bus stop for Pioneer Hall would require several sites in 700 to be removed.

As for traffic, my original suspicion was that either the guests would enter from the Lodge or a new, dedicated entrance. But some other evidence has come to light that causes me to suspect a new, DVC registration near the Reception Outpost. If that's the case then the DVC guests would probably be routed out past 2000 and then onto Wilderness Way. I can't imagine they would want all that traffic going right through the middle of the Fort.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that the new bus stop for Pioneer Hall would require several sites in 700 to be removed. As for traffic, my original suspicion was that either the guests would enter from the Lodge or a new, dedicated entrance. But some other evidence has come to light that causes me to suspect a new, DVC registration near the Reception Outpost. If that's the case then the DVC guests would probably be routed out past 2000 and then onto Wilderness Way. I can't imagine they would want all that traffic going right through the middle of the Fort.

I didn't notice the impact on the 700 loop, so I took another look:

newbusstop_zpsfe4eba0a.jpg

To me it looks like the new bus loop will come close, but the sites aren't going to have to be removed.  Those are going to be some pretty undesirable sites though.

Also, note how the long-gone FWRR tracks are still shown on the drawing.

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen posted the DVC entrance will come from the WL side, not the fort side.

And so it would, in the hypothesis I laid out. It would be coming from the direction of WL down Wilderness Way toward the new resort.

Did y'all catch the notation on the demo plans that the contractor is called to remove the guard gate at Timberline and Wilderness Way?:

demozoom_zpsc4dd4669.jpg

I think that's referring to the unmanned gate that only allows bus and CM traffic on Wilderness Way.  The removal of the gate would suggest that the new resort would be accessed via Timberline Dr.  (the current WL entrance) and then guests turning on to Wilderness Way.

TCD

This is all so interesting, and disconcerting.  We've only stayed at the Fort once (so far!) but really don't like how these buildings would impact the area.  One thing that I would like to see, is if someone who is good with photoshop, takes a picture of the area that encompasses Pioneer Hall and the field next to it, and can drop in a rendering of the new buildings that would be built there.  Right now, PH is the "big" building at the Fort.  Those new ones will make it look like a kiddies playhouse.  :-

There would have to be a new guard gate somewhere though, no? Otherwise the lazy river pool will be full of locals and the parking lot will be full of pioneer hall guests that didn't want to walk.

They would have to pass through the Wilderness Lodge gate.

Which isn't hard to do at the moment.

I want to be one of the locals parking in the DVC parking lot.  It will make getting my GAG a lot easier.

Of course, there probably ain't going to be any more GAG's by the time all of this comes to pass.

This is all so interesting, and disconcerting.  We've only stayed at the Fort once (so far!) but really don't like how these buildings would impact the area.  One thing that I would like to see, is if someone who is good with photoshop, takes a picture of the area that encompasses Pioneer Hall and the field next to it, and can drop in a rendering of the new buildings that would be built there.  Right now, PH is the "big" building at the Fort.  Those new ones will make it look like a kiddies playhouse.  :-

There are people with those skills, but I'm not one of them.

I'm going to send someone a special request.

TCD

Not a true line up, but I overlayed the plans onto a sattalie image of the area. I used Pioneer Hall as a reference as it is assumed it wont be moving.

You can get an idea of how this would look if it ever happens.

Also, it does appear the bus stop will take out two of the spots in the 700. Hilda will have a front row seat to the bus stop traffic.

705074_10151872763763663_698886325_o.jpg

and a little lighter

705074_10151872763768663_114981208_o.jpg

I'm torn. I like the Fort the way it is, but things change. 

I hate the location of the parking lot.

I love to visit WL to eat, lounge, and just stroll around. This place looks every bit as nice.

I would not enjoy the increased crowds in the settlement area.

Old RC is just an eyesore that needs to go away.

Instead of this resort, some lake campsites and real cabins would be nice to keep the Fort "small and uncrowded".

In all honesty, I would probably stay there from time to time like we do at WL.

I don't low about RC being a "eye sore". I would love to walk around in there and look at all the history in there. We were up there 2 weeks ago and I started to wonder down the old RR tracks down by the stables. But I had the wife and daughter with and they did not feel like going on an adventure. I hope we make it back before they start removing all the "eye sores".