Leaked River Country DVC Plans

I agree that I don't think they'll get rid of the outpost bus stop. The golf cart parking would be enough of a reason. But I also don't think they will want to draw that much Fort traffic over to the DVC to take a look-see. I wonder how long it will take before they lock-down that parking lot, too. Can you imagine, campers driving there to catch the boat, other guests driving there for the Hoop? And the lot being a little tight to begin with? I think all the internal busses will go as far as the Pioneer Hall stop and then turn around, which is probably why they designed it with such a big island. I'm sure many folks will figure out that the DVC stops are more convenient, but I don't see the management "encouraging" us to use them.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a related aside... I'm going to venture a guess that this thread is going to generate a lot of first time visitors to Fort Fiends so...   WELCOME!   If you haven't already created a user name/login

Maybe they'll conduct a training burn on Jacob's Cabin after the bat house is finished?

Suddenly I am seeing a new tour offered by Disney World.

While they may keep the Outpost bus stop for the internal buses, based on all of the other resorts that have an attached DVC, only one, Kidani Village at AKL, has a separate bus stop for the DVC.

It's important to remember that it's the resorts that individually pay for whatever level of bus transportation service they want. It's not provided by WDW Transport or by Disney just because the resort wants it. It doesn't make fiscal sense for the resort to pay for service to two bus stops. Plus the buses are seldom over packed from the Fort.

My guess is that if there is a DVC, the bus stop there will service the Fort as well.

While they may keep the Outpost bus stop for the internal buses, based on all of the other resorts that have an attached DVC, only one, Kidani Village at AKL, has a separate bus stop for the DVC.

It's important to remember that it's the resorts that individually pay for whatever level of bus transportation service they want. It's not provided by WDW Transport or by Disney just because the resort wants it. It doesn't make fiscal sense for the resort to pay for service to two bus stops. Plus the buses are seldom over packed from the Fort.

My guess is that if there is a DVC, the bus stop there will service the Fort as well.

Don't several of the mods have more than one bus stop? What's the difference?

Don't several of the mods have more than one bus stop? What's the difference?

Yes they do, but they have the volume and layout configuration to justify multiple bus stops.

Port Orleans has over 3000 rooms.

The Fort, even with the DVC, might have a room equivalent of less than half that.

River side and French Quarter share guest services.

If you're including bus transportation, that's partially correct.

I would be curious to see the guest counts of the fort and expected dvc. Port Orleans looked like it was mostly couples with maybe 1 child but the Fort has a lot of large families and the dvc has more multiple room suites.

If you're thinking that the people count at the Fort with the proposed DVC will be close to the people count at PO, the new DVC would have to be gigantic.

Oh great and powerful busman.

POR and POFQ have approx 3000 rooms with approx 4 guests per room. 12,000 people. (Realisticly 9000) And 4 bus stops spread out over two properties.

FW has 800 campsites. With up to 10 people per site. 8,000. ( realistically 3200) And 400 cabins with 6 people per cabin. 2400. (Realistically 1600. Them you add in a DVC another 2000 guests. (again realistically 1200). Or approx 6000 guests.

So if PO has about 9000 guests and the Fort and DVC 6000 or even 4500 guests and a much bigger area, why would it not deserve or even need two bus stops?

Oh great and powerful busman. I like that. I think I'll have business cards made up with that on it.

POR and POFQ have approx. 3000 rooms with approx. 4 guests per room. 12,000 people. (Realistically 9000) And 4 5 bus stops spread out over two properties.

FW has 800 campsites. With up to 10 people per site. 8,000. ( realistically 3200) And 400 cabins with 6 people per cabin. 2400. (Realistically 1600. Them you add in a DVC another 2000 guests. (again realistically 1200). Or approx. 6000 guests.

So if PO has about 9000 guests and the Fort and DVC 6000 or even 4500 guests and a much bigger area, I think the 4500 number is realistic, and as I said, that's about half of what there is at PO.

why would it not deserve or even need two bus stops? It has nothing to do with deserving. Needing is another issue. They can have 5 if they want to pay for it, but you know who ends up paying for them? Although you don't pay when you actually use WDW transportation, you're still footing the bill.

If a single bus stop is more than enough for the other resorts with a DVC, and if the Fort, with the DVC, has roughly the same number of people, why would they need an additional stop?

Depending on the destination, the WL and GF share buses. The WL and FW share buses. The CR, Poly, & GF share buses. In that instance, that's 3 resorts with DVCs that share one bus.

PO's occupancy is so high, that at opening and closing times, they have to create a mini bus hub in one of the PO parking lots where 2 or 3 buses are staged all morning long just to handle PO. And that's in addition to the regular buses sent from the other hubs.

Except during the major holidays, I seldom fill up, packed in like sardines, at any of the MK resorts, and that's considering they're sharing a bus. But I will at PO on a regular basis. So unless the numbers turn out to be much higher than at the other MK resorts, IMO, but what do I know, one stop will be enough.

Ok, Lou may be right. I just found this note, on just one drawing, but it indicates that the Pioneer Hall bus stop is temporary. Probably just for while the DVC is under construction. After that, it seems, the terminus for internal buses would have to be the DVC bus stop.

ebu3e3eq.jpg

Dear rei dos ônibus,

Maybe I didn't explain my opinion properly. Let me try again.

When we've stayed at PO we've gotten on a bus and then it went to the next PO bus stop and picked up more guests, etc.

This does two things,

1. It keeps guest from having to walk great distances to catch a bus.

2. It keeps the crowds down at any one bus stop.

The buses could pick up guests at DVC and then drive to the Outpost to pick up more guests then off to a park or DTD? And at busy times, ie openings, and after fireworks they could send a bus to each bus stop. The combined number of people could be half that of PO and that's a lot of people waiting for a bus at the same stop. (I guess they could have the FP+ system for buses. Lol).

This could possibly reduce the number or frequency of internal buses.

Thank you for humbling yourself for us little people. .

Dear rei dos ônibus,

When we've stayed at PO we've gotten on a bus and then it went to the next PO bus stop and picked up more guests, etc.

This does two things,

The buses could pick up guests at DVC and then drive to the Outpost to pick up more guests then off to a park or DTD? And at busy times, ie openings, and after fireworks they could send a bus to each bus stop. The combined number of people could be half that of PO and that's a lot of people waiting for a bus at the same stop. (I guess they could have the FP+ system for buses. Lol).

Ray a big difference that you are omitting from the argument you're trying to make is that the Fort has an extensive internal bus system.

I don't see any difference for Fort guests in whether the bus stops for the parks are at the Settlement or the Outpost.  The same internal buses run back and forth between the two all day.

So why would there be a need for park buses to leave from two places?

If  the DVC gets built, it makes perfect sense for all of the buses to leave from the DVC bus stops in the Settlement area.  And, that's better for guests anyway.  I'd rather head right to the park, not travel through the Fort to pick up more guests.

TCD

Dear rei dos ônibus,

This does two things,

It's all about money. Look at the AOA resort. They have cheaper rates being a "value resort " and one bus stop with over a mile of walking for some guest. That is a resort which should have at least two stops but that would probably constitute raising the rates. I also agree with TCD that the fort has a great internal bus system with no need for more bus stations

Ray a big difference that you are omitting from the argument you're trying to make is that the Fort has an extensive internal bus system.

I don't see any difference for Fort guests in whether the bus stops for the parks are at the Settlement or the Outpost. The same internal buses run back and forth between the two all day.

So why would there be a need for park buses to leave from two places?

If the DVC gets built, it makes perfect sense for all of the buses to leave from the DVC bus stops in the Settlement area. And, that's better for guests anyway. I'd rather head right to the park, not travel through the Fort to pick up more guests.

TCD

Oh great author of the scared TR.

not only did not omit the fact there is an extensive internal bus system I specifically mentioned that that having two bus stops could reduce the number or frequency of internal buses.

I do see a difference for fort guests if the buses go from the outpost or the settlement. You also said you'd rather head straight to the park instead of traveling thru the park to pick up other fort guests.

Since people who don't have golf carts and rely on the internal bus have to already go through the fort to catch a bus. If your in the 100 or 700 loop you have to take an internal bus to the outpost to catch a park bus. Wouldn't it be easier and faster to walk over to settlement and get right on a bus to a park? The same is true for the 2800 loop to the outpost. By having two bus stops it would make it faster to get to a park for some guests. Even some with a golf cart. If the park bus was to pick up at settlement and then go to the outpost you could take your cart straight to the outpost. Or at busy times a bus leaves straight from each bus stop straight to the park. What a time savings for people close to the bus stops.

P.S. not trying to start a quarrel. Just looking at different possibilities.

It's all about money. Look at the AOA resort. They have cheaper rates being a "value resort " and one bus stop with over a mile of walking for some guest. That is a resort which should have at least two stops but that would probably constitute raising the rates. I also agree with TCD that the fort has a great internal bus system with no need for more bus stations

I don't understand. If having only one bus stop and more people means cheaper rates than AoA and Pop should be the cheapest value.

But they're not.

IMHO it would be faster for most guests to have a park bus stop closer to their campsite. Especially during busy times when they could send buses to both.

I think it would save Disney money if they had two stops. If they run the buses like they do at the AS's. if the bus isn't full they send it to the next AS resort. If it is full they send another bus.

Oh great author of the scared TR.

not only did not omit the fact there is an extensive internal bus system I specifically mentioned that that having two bus stops could reduce the number or frequency of internal buses.

I do see a difference for fort guests if the buses go from the outpost or the settlement. You also said you'd rather head straight to the park instead of traveling thru the park to pick up other fort guests.

Since people who don't have golf carts and rely on the internal bus have to already go through the fort to catch a bus. If your in the 100 or 700 loop you have to take an internal bus to the outpost to catch a park bus. Wouldn't it be easier and faster to walk over to settlement and get right on a bus to a park? The same is true for the 2800 loop to the outpost. By having two bus stops it would make it faster to get to a park for some guests. Even some with a golf cart. If the park bus was to pick up at settlement and then go to the outpost you could take your cart straight to the outpost. Or at busy times a bus leaves straight from each bus stop straight to the park. What a time savings for people close to the bus stops.

P.S. not trying to start a quarrel. Just looking at different possibilities.

No worries, we're just having a friendly discussion.

You are too young to remember this, but the idea you are floating is very similar to something they used to do, and thankfully have stopped doing, at the Fort.

Back in the 90's, they used to have an internal bus route that circulated through the loop bus stops.  The internal routes were called the Chip route or the Dale route.  The buses wound through the entire campground in one long route going back and forth between the Settlement and the Outpost.  Then there were the Boone and Crockett buses.  These buses also ran through the campground and then out to the Transportation and Ticket Center and back.  There were no direct buses to the parks from the Fort.  As you can imagine, it took forever to get anywhere on those buses.   When I hear someone complain about the Fort's bus service now, I have to laugh.  They have no idea.

A bus that circulates through the Fort before it heads out to a park would be awful.  It would take forever.  That is what they do at POR, Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs- it makes for a much longer ride to or from a park.

TCD

They have changed the bus stops/systems a few times since I've been coming to the Fort in the mid 90s. No doubt it may take trial and error and they will no doubt make changes along the way. Remember the good ol days when you could got to TTC and get a  bus anywhere?

I have not been a fan of catching all buses at the Outpost. I like the idea of the Settlement being the main bus stop.

They have changed the bus stops/systems a few times since I've been coming to the Fort in the mid 90s. No doubt it may take trial and error and they will no doubt make changes along the way. Remember the good ol days when you could got to TTC and get a  bus anywhere?

I have not been a fan of catching all buses at the Outpost. I like the idea of the Settlement being the main bus stop.