Runner's years long trip to The Dopey ... and beyond!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad I could be  part of keeping you moving Ed. 

Thank you schmuckface,  I forgot where I was posting.   I hereby retract any apologies.  I'm really not sorry.   TCD

Nope - Some Red and sprinkle in some White Stars ... I'm going to sport the Red, White and Blue!

• 1 month later...

Saturday was the St. George Island Sizzler 5K ... and it was Sizzling! Temps over 100°. I only have a few photos so far - more are on the way:

1800458_758859614171353_4499477890127070

10540404_758859624171352_465757147154737

10300662_758859634171351_547976519024497

10330293_759480557442592_690919169139506

10559954_758391507551497_629789707676064

Yes, I was rocking a tutu ...

On a more serious note ...

http://tothedopeyandbeyond.blogspot.com/2014/08/good-news-and-not-so-good.html

Sadly, his sister was not empathetic when he told me it was hurting. :(  Now I feel a little guilty. Of course, I figure he probably did it on purpose to get out of cooking and cleaning! :) I hope he will stay off of it like the doctor said so that it can heal. Y'all might want to keep me in your thoughts as I deal with Grumpy Laid-Up Ed! lol Just kidding. I just hope it heals well and he is able to be up and about soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the treatment plan came from his supervisor, but I do like the new Doctor ... he's willing to listen and knows he doesn't know everything. When I mentioned things he wasn't familiar with, I used it as an opportunity to educate him some. I have a few more years dealing with my medical problems than he does, so I have a better understanding of them ... and he's willing to recognize that. He's a keeper.

Most of the treatment plan came from his supervisor, but I do like the new Doctor ... he's willing to listen and knows he doesn't know everything. When I mentioned things he wasn't familiar with, I used it as an opportunity to educate him some. I have a few more years dealing with my medical problems than he does, so I have a better understanding of them ... and he's willing to recognize that. He's a keeper.

Sounds like there may be a little light at the end of the tunnel.  Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Getting closer to the cause ... not the best news, but it opens up some treatemnt options ...

http://tothedopeyandbeyond.blogspot.com/2014/12/endocrinology.html?spref=tw

and going somewhere I really tried to avoid ...

http://tothedopeyandbeyond.blogspot.com/2014/12/wheelchair-clinic.html?spref=tw

Good to hear from you, been wondering how you were doing.. Has the foot healed up any? Will continue praying for you.. BigTom    PS ; I have a 4 wheel electric cart in my barn, bought when I had my spell, if you ever need to borrow it..

• 2 weeks later...

Minimal change in the foot - even with lots of calcium, D3 and the bone growth stimulator. I see the doctor again on January 8. Not expecting big changes, but there should be some evidence of healing.

It is 1-8 praying for a good report, keep us informed.

Actually, more healing than expected. Take the boot off and wear a shoe some to build the muscle tone back up. When it starts to ache some - and it WILL start to hurt, put the boot back on.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt until I see the Radiologist report next week. Last time the doctor said 40% healed and the Radiologist said minimal change o/O ...