Big news for the F&WF lovers, it's been extended by a week. It starts on 19th, a week earlier than originally scheduled, instead of the 26th. It ends on Nov 10th.

Wish they would have added the week on the back end instead of the front.  We don't get there until 11/14.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mo left off the best part ...   "Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choic

Oh there will be PLENTY of craft beers to try also!  :)

$50 for me, but no drinks, and we're outta there in a few hours.

Wish they would have added the week on the back end instead of the front.  We don't get there until 11/14.

That would be nice.  The weather is much nice in the middle of November than it is in the middle of September.

But, I guess they need time to get the Christmas decorations up and get ready for the holiday crowds.

TCD

...I guess they need time to get the Christmas decorations up and get ready for the holiday crowds.

I suppose... although with as little as they put up in Epcot these days, you think they could work around it.

Yeah... that's my stomach talking.  8)

On the plus side, given we have to buy APs this year, no F&W will help balance out the budget!

Overwhelmed with last year's brochure of the F&W festival. Any recommendations how to tackle it? It's our first festival. However, we are comfortable with staying all dayin the parks. Our toddler sleeps well in his stroller. With the dates we can attend, it looks like we'll have a full-day there on Sat, Sept 20 & we'll park hop (from AK) on the 24th. We'll have an 8 & 3 yo with us.

I have never "fully" experienced F&W festival. However, I know a lot that prebook some of the tasting seminars, and some of the special events. However, just tasting at some of the booths, and going to the Eat to the Beat concerts is what most casual F&W folks do, and what I would recommend for a family with young ones.

Overwhelmed with last year's brochure of the F&W festival. Any recommendations how to tackle it? It's our first festival. However, we are comfortable with staying all dayin the parks. Our toddler sleeps well in his stroller. With the dates we can attend, it looks like we'll have a full-day there on Sat, Sept 20 & we'll park hop (from AK) on the 24th. We'll have an 8 & 3 yo with us.

I have never "fully" experienced F&W festival. However, I know a lot that prebook some of the tasting seminars, and some of the special events. However, just tasting at some of the booths, and going to the Eat to the Beat concerts is what most casual F&W folks do, and what I would recommend for a family with young ones.

The best way to tackle F&W is to plan for at least 2 days at EPCOT. Use one day to browse and carouse; take your time and check out the offerings at each booth; see what people are actually getting and ask them how it is; sample the items you are after the most. The second day, go back for the items you really liked - or missed out on - the 1st day; try items you aren't sure about; beer flights if you're into that kind of thing. The biggest point - take your time! There is a LOT to see and do, check out who's playing at the Eat to the Beat concerts - you might get a chance to see a big favorite of yours; don't forget some of the regular stores (the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel is calling your name!); ...

All the extra "stuff" can definitely be overwhelming - in terms of time and budget.  We've been to F&W a bunch of times and have only done a couple of the extras - a tequila tasting and the dessert party. 

If the extras are in your budget, I would very definitely recommend the dessert party.  It's one of the best values as F&W special events go.

If you're skipping the extras, I agree with Ed... stretch it out and don't try and do it all in one day.  We like trying new things, so we usually get one of something and share it.  I usually scope out the menus ahead of time and make a list of the things I don't want to forget to try.

Definitely go hungry.  8)

Get there as early as you can - World Showcase opens at 11 - as it tends to get busier as the day goes on. Avoid Friday late afternoon-evening, Saturday and early Sunday if you can.  That's when the crowds are the worst.  If you're going Friday, get there early.

We've got a few trip reports people have written during F&W.  Check them out, they might give you some ideas.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Information has been released on the 2014 WDW Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic.

From the Disney Food Blog...

Back by popular demand, The Swan and Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World has announced that it will hold its Fifth Annual Food and Wine Classic this Fall!

Coinciding with the 2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival, the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic offers even more great food and drink for Disney fans!

This event is always amazing and very well done. We can’t wait to go again this year!

2014 Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic Details

Mark your calendars for Friday, October 31, and Saturday, November 1, 2014. Seminars begin at 4:30 p.m. and the Causeway is open from 5:30-9:00 p.m.

Book your stay, causeway tickets, and seminar tickets now before your favorites sell out! Contact the Swan and Dolphin at 888-828-8850.

Seminars this year include:

Want a little more than just the standard tasting experience? Upgrade to the Beer Garden! Swan and Dolphin is building a beer garden on the tree-shaded Crescent Terrace for the first time this year. Travel around the terrace tasting beer after beer, including local and seasonal favorites. Chef will also be preparing house-made “bar snacks” to pair with picks. Prost! (Causeway tickets cost $89.45; Beer Garden costs $108.26.)

Full article here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/03/04/news-2014-wdw-swan-and-dolphin-food-wine-classic-dates-and-seminars/

Sounds like a great time. I'll put this down for a future adults only trip!

TL

Information has been released on the 2014 WDW Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic.

From the Disney Food Blog...

Full article here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/03/04/news-2014-wdw-swan-and-dolphin-food-wine-classic-dates-and-seminars/

I've never heard of this.  What kind of vouchers?

I read it in a blog recently. I'll try to find the source. I think Disneyland does food vouchers instead of meal plans and scuttlebutt was that F & W might try to use a similar system since the day can get expensive fast. The information was not thoroughly flushed out with what I read, that's why I asked if there was any truth to it. 

I tried to find information on the DL F&W Festival and it doesn't look like they've had one since 2010?

I see that they officially cancelled 2011 and 2012 because of the California Adventure construction, but I can't find anything on 2013 either and there's nothing on the events list for 2014 on the Disney website.  The last one I can find any info on was held mid-April through the end of May 2010.

Based on 2010 information Passholders were able to purchase reduced-cost tickets in advance for Signature Events - similar to Epcot F&W - but I don't see any other reference to vouchers or anything similar in regards to the food booths.

True, but it saved you no money.  A dollar on the card is a dollar to spend.  No financial advantage.  It's just a gift card.

TCD

I know, but at least I didn't have to pull out my debit card every time. (We don't use charging privileges b/c we alternate paying for things.)

At this point, I'm not sure what I read. I can't seem to find the blog I read previously. That's what I get for scouring lots of pages and not saving anything. What's the prepaid card?

I'm wondering if she is referring to the prepaid F&W card. I got one of those last year and it made purchases at F&W much easier.

Just like a gift card.  We purchased ours at Guest Services.  You use it to pay instead of cash or credit card.  You can use it anywhere at WDW for anything.

It helps us limit our F&W purchases.  We decide beforehand how much we're willing to spend, and when the card is depleted we stop tasting. 

There are usually advance tickets sold to some of the seminars that can save you a few dollars if you have an AP, DVC or Chase Visa, but that's about it as far as anything that saves you money by buying ahead. At least that's been the case in the past.  I haven't heard anything new for this year yet.

• 1 month later...

The Disney Parks Blog has posted a first look at the list of performers for the Eat to the Beat Concert series...

This year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will return to the park September 19 – November 10, and we just received the list of performers who will participate in the Eat to the Beat concert series.

sih698374.jpg

New acts coming this year include the Jo Dee Messina, Fuel and Los Lonely Boys. There are also several returning favorites, including Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Boyz II Men.

Check out the full schedule below.

• Sept 19-21 – Jo Dee Messina
  • Sept. 22-23 – The Pointer Sisters
  • Sept. 24-25 – Rick Springfield
  • Sept. 26-27 – Christopher Cross
  • Sept. 28-29 – Hanson
  • Sept. 30-Oct. 2 – Air Supply
  • Oct. 3-5 – STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas
  • Oct. 6-8 – Sugar Ray
  • Oct. 9-10 – Fuel
  • Oct. 11-12 – Sister Hazel
  • Oct. 13-14 – TBD
  • Oct. 15-16 – Billy Ocean
  • Oct. 17-19 – Night Ranger
  • Oct. 20-22 – Smash Mouth
  • Oct. 23-24 – Jim Brickman
  • Oct. 25-26 – Los Lonely Boys
  • Oct. 27-28 – Wilson Phillips
  • Oct. 29-31 – Dennis DeYoung, original member of STYX
  • Nov. 1-2 – 38 Special
  • Nov. 3-5 – Boyz II Men
  • Nov. 6-7 – David Cook
  • Nov. 8-10 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/2014-eat-to-the-beat-concert-lineup-announced-for-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/