Another good write up on the Fort

Just got a chance to read.

A couple of big boo-boo's in that article.

He says you can rent a golf cart from Disney for $49 a day.  In your dreams.

He also says there are two bedroom cabins for rent.  Not quite.  But he's only off by one bedroom.

TCD

Not sure what article you read TCD, but it wasn't the Chuck Woodbury article that David linked. His article clearly states "The park has 799 campsites and 408 one-bedroom log cabins and he never even mentioned the price on golf carts - perhaps you read that in your dreams!

A couple of big boo-boo's. Not quite....But you were only off by a couple of big boo-boos.

On the other hand, Carol was right about the boo-boo on the 50 amp service.

Not sure what article you read TCD, but it wasn't the Chuck Woodbury article that David linked. His article clearly states "The park has 799 campsites and 408 one-bedroom log cabins and he never even mentioned the price on golf carts - perhaps you read that in your dreams!

A couple of big boo-boo's. Not quite....But you were only off by a couple of big boo-boos.

On the other hand, Carol was right about the boo-boo on the 50 amp service.

Wow.  Very snarky.  You are coming along nicely.

Are you Chuck?  If so, thank you for correcting those two big boo-boo's in your article.  You still need to fix the one about the 50 amp service.

Those two big boo-boo's were in the article when I read it and when I made that post. I assure you that I am pretty good at reading and paying attention to details.  The article has since been corrected.

TCD

Fun article.  I love reading just about anything about the Fort.

I will agree, though, that TCD is pretty detail-oriented.  I'm guessing he is right about the article being corrected, and I'm sure it was based on his comments that the author even became aware of the errors.

Did you know sometimes you can find cached versions of things through Google.

(I remembered reading $49/day too.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1jcmJX3DFu0J:www.rvtravel.com/%3Fq%3Drv-travel-newsletter-issue622+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I explored it earlier this week and I am here to report that it is a monster RV park (I mean that in a good way) — 740 acres — the size of 560 football fields. Shuttle buses run through the park all day and night to transport campers from place to place. The only car parking, with a few exceptions, is at individual campsites. A lot of campers bring electric golf carts to get around. Others rent them ($49 a day).

I agree nice article. I also agree now it will be even harder to get a campsite.  :camp1: 

Did you know sometimes you can find cached versions of things through Google.

(I remembered reading $49/day too.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1jcmJX3DFu0J:www.rvtravel.com/%3Fq%3Drv-travel-newsletter-issue622+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I explored it earlier this week and I am here to report that it is a monster RV park (I mean that in a good way) — 740 acres — the size of 560 football fields. Shuttle buses run through the park all day and night to transport campers from place to place. The only car parking, with a few exceptions, is at individual campsites. A lot of campers bring electric golf carts to get around. Others rent them ($49 a day).

I agree nice article. I also agree now it will be even harder to get a campsite.  :camp1:

Thank you!

I intended to go and search for a cached version of the article, but it wasn't high on my to-do list.

MightyMickeyMouth, here's how it read when I made my post correctly pointing out the two boo-boos:

article_zps5778a087.jpg

Thank you for playing, though.

Better luck next time.

Please be sure to send your apology soon.

Chuck Woolery should stick to game show hosting.

TCD

TCD,

I most humbly apologize --consider yourself totally vindicated and remember the comments were made in jest - (although I must say I am surprised that someone who is so detail oriented missed the boo-boo on the 50 amp service),but hey nobody is perfect.

Sincerely sorry if I offended you,

The NOT SO MIGHTY MickeyMouth

TCD,

I most humbly apologize --consider yourself totally vindicated and remember the comments were made in jest - (although I must say I am surprised that someone who is so detail oriented missed the boo-boo on the 50 amp service),but hey nobody is perfect.

Sincerely sorry if I offended you,

The NOT SO MIGHTY MickeyMouth

Oh, come on!

That is not necessary.

You called me out on what appeared to be a mistake.  I was just giving you a hard time.

We're all friends Fiends here.  A more appropriate response to a request for an apology is "Bite Me!"  This is not a place where anyone is infallible.

Anyway, what I want to know is who alerted Chucky to his errors?  It would seem that it was someone who read this thread.  Maybe it was Chucky himself?

And yeah, I missed the 50 amp thing.  I camp with a pop-up camper.  I plug it in to the socket that matches my electric cord.  I always have plenty of power. I don't care about amps.

One more thing- old Chucky says that Fort Wilderness must be the largest RV park in the world.  I've never heard anyone make that observation before.  Does anyone know if Chucky was right about that?  Or even close?

TCD

Not sure if Chucky is referring to physical size or number of sites or a combination of both. If we're just talking size, then so many of the State Parks and National Parks would dwarf Fort Wilderness. - Denali National Park in Alaska is 6 million acres and contains several areas for both tent and motorhome camping. If he was referring to number of sites, then Ocean Lake in Myrtle Beach probably takes the prize with 893 campsites and 2,554 annual lease sites and almost a mile of beachfront, however, their total actual acreage is still smaller than Fort Wilderness. If he's referring to a combination of physical size AND number of sites, then I haven't a clue!

And no TCD, I am not the one who alerted Chucky to his errors. ......I would have caught the glaring 50 amp mistake!

Not sure if Chucky is referring to physical size or number of sites or a combination of both. If we're just talking size, then so many of the State Parks and National Parks would dwarf Fort Wilderness. - Denali National Park in Alaska is 6 million acres and contains several areas for both tent and motorhome camping. If he was referring to number of sites, then Ocean Lake in Myrtle Beach probably takes the prize with 893 campsites and 2,554 annual lease sites and almost a mile of beachfront, however, their total actual acreage is still smaller than Fort Wilderness. If he's referring to a combination of physical size AND number of sites, then I haven't a clue!

And no TCD, I am not the one who alerted Chucky to his errors. ......I would have caught the glaring 50 amp mistake!

Yeah, it can't be size.  There are state parks in Florida bigger than the Fort.

And, let's not forget that a big chunk of the Fort is cabins- not really an RV park.

Chucky isn't big on the fact checking.

A TCD and Mickey smack down..... Now there's a first...lol

Yeah, Mickey brought the snark. Then it fizzled out.  It was fun, though.

Yup and if it keeps up MickeyMouth will be a hero fiend in no time.

I hope so,  MickeyMouth has game.

TCD

WOW  Just doing the math on the Ocean Lake Resort....

3447 sites on less total acreage.  How jammed together are those sites?  

So glad the Fort is not any more crowded than it is.  

WOW  Just doing the math on the Ocean Lake Resort....

3447 sites on less total acreage.  How jammed together are those sites?  

So glad the Fort is not any more crowded than it is.  

About that acreage- Chuck says there's 740 acres in the Fort, which is actually what Disney's website says too.

But I say that's an exaggerated number.

If you measure from Bay Lake to Vista Blvd, you get about 7233 feet.  From the service road next to the group camping area to the canal that borders the Fort on the east is 3062 feet.  That's around 500 acres.  And the Fort is much narrower than that in most places.  I don't know where they get 740 acres.  I guess they're counting a bunch of the wetlands to the west as part of the Fort.  But, campers don't use any of that.

TCD