Conflicting answers on that as I recall. I had heard the front desk as well as hearing ordering at the Meadows Trading post and possibly the Bike Barn. Last price I saw was $25. Sorry I couldnt be more specific on this. I will poke around to see if I can find a more accurate answer. 

I have proof that they will deliver firewood to the sites- this is from my NYE TR from 2013 (so not that old) :

The Fort delivers firewood to campsites.

Look:

NYE2012003.jpg

NYE2012004.jpg

You can tell that's an official Fort operation. Two guys, big truck. To do the work that one guy could do on a golf cart.

Since I have to know everything about the Fort, I asked the guys what they were doing.

They said they were delivering firewood.

I asked who could have firewood delivered.

They said anyone.

As long as you have an approved fire burner.

I asked them how much it cost.

They said the order they just delivered went for $24.

This is the stack of wood that they delivered:

firewood.jpg

I asked how do guests order firewood.

They said call the front desk.

So there you go.

You would think they would advertise this in some manner.

But if you thought that, you forgot that the Fort is managed by idiots.

Why advertise something that could make money and maybe (gasp) reduce what they charge for campsites?

But you know what?

I think $24 to have a bunch of firewood delivered seems pretty fair.

TCD

Oh you and your photographic proof!  Pee shaw....

Funny thing is that someone "elsewhere" supposedly saw your report and used that to back up their argument with the front desk about getting wood delivered. That person was allegedly treated rather rudely  by the CM on the phone and basically told "no way no how, never happens"

So.... I'm going with it depends on who you talk to when it comes to if/when the Fort will deliver wood.   8)

That person was allegedly treated rather rudely  by the CM on the phone and basically told "no way no how, never happens"

It did happen. In addition to TCD's photo, there is evidence on "The HUB" that the Fort at one time did offer delivery of 1/2 and full stacks of firewood.

Seeing that even though they still mention it, there is no additional info such as prices, and how to go about ordering it. I can only assume that it's no longer offered.

If it is, it's a well kept secret.

Just called the fort and they said they now only deliver to the group camping area.  Wonder if we can get a different response when somebody else calls tomorrow?   hahaha

I'll take that bet!

Hmmmm.... Should I make you wait until my trip report to find out my experience?!?!!

:raspberry:

I have never had any problems getting wood at the Fort.

TMI!!!!