Seriously, what is wrong with people? The more crap I see people doing while driving, the more I never want to leave my house! And hell, that's not even safe, there is always things in the news about cars crashing into houses

That happened to me once....in a garden level apartment i lived in. ....on my birthday.

Luckily I was in the living room, and the crash occurred in one of the bedrooms.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it the wood truck.....that does not exist

Hope that doesnt happen, it will take us too long to get there to help.

Havent lost one yet.  Besides urban redevelopment can be a good thing.

I've had 2 vehicles catch fire in my yute. First was a Chevy Blazer, brand new, burnt to the ground while out hunting in the JW Corbett area. I can attest to the fact that once the fuel line catches they go very fast. Doesn't matter  how much mud or dirt you try and throw on em.  There were three of us hunting and all of our hunting gear when up with the blazer. Still don't really know why other than a fuel leak of some kind. I distinctly remember a bunch of hunters pulling up and one of them was laughing quite hard. I don't know why but I did not think it was very funny. Well, needless to say, Karma hit him quite hard that year.

I purchased another blazer after that with the insurance payment but hung 2 fire extinguisher on each side of the cab in this one. Used them both on that one too saving the blazer. We were out 4 wheeling. Fuel leaked on the headers. Well, I traded it in for a GMC Step Side pick up. Was done with blazers. This was back in the 70's.

Fires extinguishers are a good thing.

Man what's up with the Jersey hating?!? What did we do to you?!? (Besides having trashy TV made here!)

Bill, just want to make sure you know I'm not questioning their response time at the fort (or any firefighters) I know you all do your best to get there ASAP, well unless jersey is burning down ;)

I've had 2 vehicles catch fire in my yute. First was a Chevy Blazer, brand new, burnt to the ground while out hunting in the JW Corbett area. I can attest to the fact that once the fuel line catches they go very fast. Doesn't matter  how much mud or dirt you try and throw on em.  There were three of us hunting and all of our hunting gear when up with the blazer. Still don't really know why other than a fuel leak of some kind. I distinctly remember a bunch of hunters pulling up and one of them was laughing quite hard. I don't know why but I did not think it was very funny. Well, needless to say, Karma hit him quite hard that year.

I purchased another blazer after that with the insurance payment but hung 2 fire extinguisher on each side of the cab in this one. Used them both on that one too saving the blazer. We were out 4 wheeling. Fuel leaked on the headers. Well, I traded it in for a GMC Step Side pick up. Was done with blazers. This was back in the 70's.

Fires extinguishers are a good thing.

Appropriately named "Blazer" 

Really, you think 6 minutes was a long time? The Fort doesn't have it's own fire dept.

In order to arrive within 6 minutes, the RCID FD had to exceed the speed limit.

I use to be a Fire Fighter and 6 minutes is not bad at all. I know I feels like for ever when your watching somthing burn. But to get bunkered up truck rolling and on scene in 6 minutes is doing good.

There are also stations behind the Magic kingdom and one behind the McDonalds near The All stars resort. The engine could have come from anywhere on property. The staff van parking in front of the hydrant was classic. I recall hearing that when the new station opened up over near Saratoga that there were not any additional apparatus or personell added, just some shuffling of resources.

It seems like everyone is referring to the same fire stations, but giving slightly different locations.

To set the record straight, so to speak, there are four fire stations located on WDW property, all are part of the Reedy Creek Emergency Services.

Here are photos and descriptions of each station's location and purpose from the official website:

Station1.jpg

RCFD Fire Station 1

Behind Epcot Houses Inspections and Prevention First Due: EPCOT, Hollywood Studios and the surrounding Hotels

RCFDStation2.jpg

RCFD Fire Station 2 Behind McDonalds The most traditional style fire station First Due: Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Service Areas, Surrounding Hotels

Sta3.1.jpg

RCFD Fire Station 3

Behind the Magic Kingdom Houses 911 Dispatchers and Fire Supression First Due: Magic Kingdom, Service areas, Surrounding Hotels

Firestation4.jpg

RCFD Fire Station 4 Located by Downtown Disney Special Ops and Rescue Station (SOAR Team) Responsible for Special Rescue and Hazmat First Due: Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, Service Areas and surrounding hotels

If you want to read more,  check out this site : http://www.reedycreek.org/index.cfm?Section=1

TCD

Isn't there a fire house down from the grand?

That's Fire Station #3, but it is a little further away from the Fort than the other two mentioned.

The day of the fire I saw trucks pulling into Wilderness Lodge, and I assume heading down the road leading to Fort Wilderness.  I figured they came from the station near the Grand.

Really, they pulled into the WL?

If they were going to the Fort's fire, that would have taken longer to reach the front of the Fort than going the regular way.

I was driving out as they were driving in the front gate and they did come from the right.  No way to know where from though.

That's interesting because DJSamuel says he saw trucks entering through the WL. Maybe it was an unrelated incident?

Could it be that what station responds to a call is not based on proximity, but on which station covers a sector.

Really, they pulled into the WL?

If they were going to the Fort's fire, that would have taken longer to reach the front of the Fort than going the regular way.

That's interesting because DJSamuel says he saw trucks entering through the WL. Maybe it was an unrelated incident?

Could it be that what station responds to a call is not based on proximity, but on which station covers a sector.

Dave S. also said he saw them come in from the back:

We were wondering where they were going. 2 trucks came in the back driveway that comes from WL.

But in the video, I never saw any fire trucks pass by coming in from the back, except for that SUV-type truck that showed up at the end.

For what it's worth,  I once saw emergency vehicles come in via the WL way for an electric fire at the 800 loop comfort station.

Maybe it is quicker for them to come in that way, rather than fight all the traffic and idiot guests out on the main roads?

TCD

Dave S. also said he saw them come in from the back:

But curt posted that he saw them coming in through the front gate from the right.

But in the video, I never saw any fire trucks pass by coming in from the back, except for that SUV-type truck that showed up at the end.

Maybe it is quicker for them to come in that way, rather than fight all the traffic and idiot guests out on the main roads?

They must have done test runs and know what they're doing.

I've timed going from the WL to the front of the Fort, that's a standard run.

I've also timed going from the WL to the Settlement. That's also a standard run. But there is no direct run from the Settlement to the Outpost, so it's hard to say what the total time is to go from the WL to the Outpost using the back way.

Traffic and idiot guests are supposed to move over if there is a fire truck blasting their siren behind them. You left off the idiot bus drivers that drive 15mph under the speed limit. They are much worse than guests in that regard.