I am happy to report we now have our Chair Lift installed on our new-to-us MH.  Shawnee and I went to Mobile over the weekend to have a brother-in-law install it.  He had to cut the bottom bracket off our old MH that one of Judy's daughters now owns, then modify it and weld it to the frame of the newer MH.  The upper bracket also had to be modified due to the narrow wall strip next to the entry door.  He did a superb job, working from 8 a.m. to near dusk while Shawnee and I sat in lawn chairs watching most of the work.  Of course when we pushed the up button it went DOWN, because the previous installer had marked the wrong wire with a PLUS.  Easily fixed with a wire swap.

We really appreciate the hospitality of Melissa and Carol who now own the older MH, and in whose front yard we worked or watched.  A delicious chicken and dumpling (chowder-like) lunch was made available to us, and a wonderful time was had by all.  Since Melissa and Carol were doing the Mardi Gras thing that evening, Shawnee and I got to sit for our DGS Brady, and sleep in the MH....not initially a good thing for Brady who does not handle change well.  But after we all got settled in, he went right to sleep for the night.

The trip was good chance to run the MH without the trailer or generator, improving gas mileage from roughly 5.5 to 7-7.5 over previous trips.  I still have to reinstall the cracked water filters (one replaced, one repaired) and test for hopefully no more leaks in the water system.  It's gonna freeze again tonight, so the water will wait until our next spring day...if ever.

Thanks, Guys.  It will make our backs last a few months longer.  And anyone who WANTS to come to the Fort around Christmas can use us as an excuse.

Don't tell DW but I know the lift is going to need some adjustments made this Christmas. Ill have to bring my crescent torque pliers with me to make them.

I am glad we got the lift installed too.  Don't know what we would do without my sister and brother-in-law.  Clayton has come to our rescue so many times.   Ken says I can now use the lift so he does not have to carry me down the stairs any longer.  Sure Ken, I am sure you could lift heavy me.  Ha! :jumpforjoy   Now we just need to be able to take a trip in the RV to get away for a few days.  Maybe in April for the kid's Spring Break.  If they will allow the baby to go with us.  I refuse to leave him with someone else but I also do not want to punish Shawnee and Kimberly by making them spend their vacations here.  Bless his heart.  

Please keep the prayers going that we get an answer soon on whether they will allow us to adopt him so that we can move forward with that. :pope:

Yes, Rennie.  This chair is amazing.  It doubles as a ski lift chair and can whisk me to the top of the MH for cleaning in seconds.  Of course when it gets to the top, it stops and I keep going. (I gotta remember that seat belt/restraint.)   Advantage:  I can ski down the windshield when I finish.   :rofl3:

Yes, Rennie.  This chair is amazing.  It doubles as a ski lift chair and can whisk me to the top of the MH for cleaning in seconds.  Of course when it gets to the top, it stops and I keep going. (I gotta remember that seat belt/restraint.)   Advantage:  I can ski down the windshield when I finish.   :rofl3:

:rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:

I am glad we got the lift installed too. Don't know what we would do without my sister and brother-in-law. Clayton has come to our rescue so many times. Ken says I can now use the lift so he does not have to carry me down the stairs any longer. Sure Ken, I am sure you could lift heavy me. Ha! :jumpforjoy Now we just need to be able to take a trip in the RV to get away for a few days. Maybe in April for the kid's Spring Break. If they will allow the baby to go with us. I refuse to leave him with someone else but I also do not want to punish Shawnee and Kimberly by making them spend their vacations here. Bless his heart.

Please keep the prayers going that we get an answer soon on whether they will allow us to adopt him so that we can move forward with that. :pope:

You, ken and the kids are in my daily prayers.

Thanks, Ray.  We can use as many as we can get.

More thanks to report.  We were graced this past Saturday with a group of volunteers who came a second time to clean our yard.  Last fall they cleaned the front, including the severe trimming of several overgrown bushes trees.  This time they cut down a dead tree, dug out some small stumps, bagged huge amounts of pinestraw and branches, and promised to return one more time to cut out several saplings growing along our fences.  We just don't seem to be able to keep up with all that these days.  Something about kids taking up a lot of our time....