Hi Guys,

We are going to the Fort for a week next month with our 4 year old.  We are late parents so while having been to the Fort a zillion times, never looked at the kids aspect of what to do.

We would like to take a day to hang there instead of the usual parks stuff we do and let her have some campground fun.  We already are planning on a pony ride and Chip and Dale but can anyone throw out some suggestions or ideas what a little girl might get a kick out of?

Thanks,

Boli

Hi Guys,

We are going to the Fort for a week next month with our 4 year old.  We are late parents so while having been to the Fort a zillion times, never looked at the kids aspect of what to do.

We would like to take a day to hang there instead of the usual parks stuff we do and let her have some campground fun.  We already are planning on a pony ride and Chip and Dale but can anyone throw out some suggestions or ideas what a little girl might get a kick out of?

Thanks,

Boli

Many playgrounds, rent a canoe or kayak, visit the rest of the horses at the Ranch. I am sure some other will be along with more suggestions.

Also checkout the Monthly activities guide  http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/fort-wilderness-activities-schedule-march-2014-r348

That is for this month but should give you some general ideas. 

Most of all Welcome!!

My little girl is also 4. She loved everything that has been listed so far. Also rent the little motor boats, let her play in the sand at the beach,play checkers and hop scotch at the meadows. Look at all the wild life let her play with the toys in front of trails end. I am sure there is more but that's all I can think of right now.

:welcome:

Our sweet girl just turned 7.  She loves everything mentioned above.  She is now too big for the pony rides (sigh), but she still loves, loves, loves:  the pool, chip-n-dale and the movie (if it's G as she has a very vivid imagination :) ), the playgrounds and the hula hoops they have in front of the Trails End (restaurant).

She also loves watching the boat parade at night and fireworks (from MK).... both down at the beach.

Have a magical time!!

Our granddaughters had a great time on the evening wagon rides. The 5 year old liked the pony ride, the 8 year old is now too tall. If she can ride a bike let her ride around, let her set the pace. Fishing? The granddaughters loved it. Let her play at every playground. If it's warm enough the meadow pool has a great kiddie section. They have arts and crafts at the meadow pool every day. Take a ride over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, they have more kid activities then you can imagine.

Above all have fun and let her be a kid! Throw out any schedules you have made before you arrived.

As a parent of a 4 year old, I agree with all of the above suggestions.

I also suggest you check out Mickey's Backyard BBQ if it's in your budget. The weather should be perfect for it, and it is some AWESOME character interaction. If you don't know much about it, there are pictures in my April TR and I did a separate review the year before. Yes, my son loved it so much one year that we HAD to do it the next. It's expensive, but do consider that it includes tip, tax, adult drinks, and unlimited Mickey bars. :)