Looking to head to Stone Mt after we hit the Fort in July, looks like Tifton Ga. would be a good stop over for a night or 2, there are a few campgrounds there just looking to see if anyone can recommend which would be the best choice, not a fan of KOA ( Keep On Adding) but if that seems to be the choice of Fiends there that's ok I trust you guys :rotfl6:

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't stayed there, but on our last trip we stayed at the Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park in Cordele a few miles north of there. It's a few miles off the interstate though so I don't know how you feel about that, but the campground was nice, it's on a reservior and there is surprisingly a museum and a train there.

We didn't partake in any of that... just a cheap place to stay for the night and head out the next morning, but I could see staying there a couple days. I think we paid about $23 for the night.

• 1 month later...

We originally planned on staying at the I-75 RV Park, Exit 61.  However I just couldn't make it that far on that particular day.  We ended up staying at Twin Oaks RV Park, Exit 127.  We arrived at 10 pm and left at 8 am.  Place was nice and just what we needed.  Just far enough off the freeway and owners just wanted us to fill out form and drop a check or money in the after hours slot.

• 2 months later...

Ok Update, we are at Twin Oaks Campground in Elko Ga. a great little place, just off of 75 so a bit road noisy but great sites, friendly people and a very nice well kept park. We would highly recommend it for a stop over. It was about 5 hours from the Thousand Trails park in Clermont.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to be improper and hit up 2 different threads with the same info. This one because the subject line says "Tifton, GA" and another one that talks about I-75. We hit up the I-75 RV park for an overnight stop on our way from the Thousand Trails Orlando campground (near Clermont) to Stone Mountain, Georgia. It was further than we wanted to drive in a day since we had my mother-in-law in the back seat with the kids.

Overall, nice place- a lot of road noise as it is literally just off of an exit ramp. Full hookups. The downside was that there wasn't a pool. The upside is that the managers were literally some of the friendliest people.

Click for pictures and a review.