Importance of checking your roof periodically

• 2 months later...

Go over all your seams with Eternabond tap. Never worry about caulking again.

http://www.eternabond.com/RV-Leak-Repair-Products-s/22.htm?Click=2112&gclid=CJrfivy0rr0CFbFaMgodwncAvQ

I've read that you're suppose to seal your roof once (or twice maybe?) a year.... are the seams what you're suppose to seal?  Or do you do something with the entire body of the roof??  

I wash the roof every year with rubber roof cleaner and conditioner. Several companies make it, just follow their directions. The sealing of seems is what the Eternabond will eliminate. Otherwise you are caulking every year, too.

Two questions:

1) I washed my roof today and could feel several air "bubbles".  Is that normal?

2)  Has anyone ever used this:

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Roof-Coating-Repair-Gallon/dp/B003K9XGTK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401728593&sr=8-1&keywords=Liquid+Roof+RV+Roof+Repair+Coating

The roof material isn't glued to the plywood underneath, it is just rolled out and then attached along the edges.

The roof material isn't glued to the plywood underneath, it is just rolled out and then attached along the edges.

Okay...so sounds like the bubbles are normal then.  Thank you :)

What about the roofing material.  Looks like something that might be a good thing to do, every 6 years or so.  Kind-of like painting your house...helps to preserve the wood.  Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way though?