No.

That's a service road.  And has been there as long as I've been coming to WDW.

Google does make it look like a road:

entryplazamap_zpsfa565cb5.jpg

Google's aerial view doesn't help:

entryplazaaerialview_zps5909c5e5.jpg

But if you take a Bird's Eye view on Bing maps, you'll see that there are posts blocking access:

bingmapsentryplaza_zpsec9ed5b3.jpg

I have seen them pull those posts from time to time to allow access for special events.  For example, they used to let buses arriving for Grad Nights use that service road. 

The rest of the time, it's blocked off.  So you couldn't use it even if you wanted to.

TCD

When Sil and I were down there over the summer, someone had managed to get on it. The were coming from the direction of the Vista headed towards oncoming traffic as it approached the the booths. They were sitting there with an Oh Crap look on there faces trying to figure out what they had done and how to undo it. 

When Sil and I were down there over the summer, someone had managed to get on it. The were coming from the direction of the Vista headed towards oncoming traffic as it approached the the booths. They were sitting there with an Oh Crap look on there faces trying to figure out what they had done and how to undo it.

And you didn't have your camera ready to snap a picture?

Looks like it would be easy enough to go around on the World Drive side:

wd1_zpsdbf85f2b.jpg

and coming back from Vista BLVD looks to be easy enough, don't even need to go around :)

wd2_zpseb4bca93.jpg

Good job.  I forgot about street view.

The tire tracks you see there at the World Drive end tell you that a lot of folks have bypassed those barriers.  I don't know why, though.  And I certainly wouldn't want to try pulling my trailer though there. 

Coming from the Vista Blvd. side isn't going to get you anywhere but to a one-way road that will require you to go through the MK toll booth.  So, there's no reason I can think of anyone would want to.  Which must be why they aren't as diligent with the barriers on that end.

TCD

The tire tracks you see there at the World Drive end tell you that a lot of folks have bypassed those barriers.  I don't know why, though. 

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen because it has, but I've never seen a private vehicle drive in there whenever I've gone by. And you can imagine how many times I've driven by there over the past six years. Of course I'm excluding Canadian drivers.

You have to go out of your way in order to do it intentionally, but why would anyone want to do it. And to do it accidently, someone needs to lose their license.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen because it has, but I've never seen a private vehicle drive in there whenever I've gone by. And you can imagine how many times I've driven by there over the past six years

You have to go out of your way in order to do it intentionally, but why would anyone want to do it. And to do it accidently, someone needs to lose their license.

You surprised me with this reply Lou... I fully expected you to say the only vehicles you've seen drive in there have had Ontario plates on them!!  :rofl2:

Oh man Jeff, you're right, what a missed opportunity. I'm loosing my edge.

I've corrected it.

LOL!

Yes, I figured that the tire tracks are from WDW employees who find it easier to bypass the barricades than have to stop and move them and then replace them.  There really is no reason that the driver of any private vehicle would want to drive down that shortcut.

TCD